PDA

View Full Version : Help growing out bangs!!!

pes3108
September 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hey all :) As the title says, I'm trying to grow out my "bangs." I've had them forever, as long as I can remember. I cut them back in March of 2010 and they've definitely grown since then - only about 4 inches! Is there any advice or wise words that will help me? Right now they are in an extremely awkward stage between my nose and my chin. Most of my hair is about a 3a, but my bangs are pretty straight with a tiny bit of curl at the ends. They look sooo weird with the rest of my hair and I'm about to my wits end!

Ann Marie
September 9th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I am growing mine out also....mine are barely to my chin....I can finally put them behind my ears..

I got some layering scissors and thinned out the ends...and cut at an angle so they were angled and a bit more soft as opposed to a huge "chunk" flying around! This made them more "soft"

Also Bobby pins became my best friend!

Hope this helps!;)

julierockhead
September 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I found when I grew out my bangs that it helps to part your hair to one side, and go to a TRUSTWORTHY stylist and have the bangs cut on an angle, shorter near your part going to longer. After that initial angled trim, just let 'em grow!

Cheering you on!:cheer:

dulce
September 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Try twisting them to the end of their length then clipping them with a pretty clip to the side.

archel
September 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I would twist mine in a roll type thing (under the longer hair) and clip with one of those bendy metal clips that lay flat to the head. That and headbands!

Tabihito
September 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Growing out bangs is a massive pain in the rear if your hair isn't stick straight (mine like to go sideways instead of down like I'd like them to). Bobby pins were, and still are, basically my best friend. Mine're almost chin-length now and still too short to get into any style unless I'm wearing my hair down. I'd usually pin them underneath the longer hair though, unless I had a pretty bobby pin and then I'd twist them around each other (easier to keep contained) and pin them above, if that makes any sense.

RitaPG
September 9th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Headbands, hairclips or victory rolls are the best ways to keep them out of your face. Braided half-ups are also very helpful when you're growing them out.
Parting your hair to the side is also a great idea, especially if they have a bit of wave to it.

RitaPG
September 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Growing out bangs is a massive pain in the rear if your hair isn't stick straight (mine like to go sideways instead of down like I'd like them to). Bobby pins were, and still are, basically my best friend. Mine're almost chin-length now and still too short to get into any style unless I'm wearing my hair down. I'd usually pin them underneath the longer hair though, unless I had a pretty bobby pin and then I'd twist them around each other (easier to keep contained) and pin them above, if that makes any sense.
My hair is stick straight and growing out my bangs looks like sh*t. If I don't put them up or secure them with bobby pins, I look retarded.

Rocket22
September 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I grew mine out for the first time and it really wan't that hard I just clipped them up with a small clip and it seemed to work out great.

Roseate
September 9th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Agree with the above, pin those suckers! Also, lace braids/lace ropes (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=113)when you're feeling fancy.

Mine are not quite to the tip of my nose yet; today I have them French braided straight back, pinned under a bun high on my head. See:

[http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6066/6131748778_3c92c73ecb_m.jpg