PDA

View Full Version : Discouraged: Fragrance Free Shampoo Formula Changed and is Now Scented!

pinchbeck
September 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Natureclean products are made in Canda. I have been faithfully using their fragrance free shampoo for a few years now. It yields gentle surfactants and leaves the hair smelling like...nothing! I love the smell of nothing and when I want to add my own essential oils they don't compete with an already scented product.

This company decided to change their formulation. The surfactant is different and they have added essential oils. Not everyone reacts the same way to essential oils as some will have issues with scalp irritation.

I contacted Natureclean (Frank T. Ross & Sons) to let them know my dissatisfaction and suggested that they offer both a scented and an unscented line. They wrote back promptly (bonus points for them there!) stating their products are exactly the same adding that they received numerous requests for scentted shampoo and conditioner.

The new ingredient label contains different surfactants and the addition of a few different essential oils, so I am not sure why they are stating their formula is exactly the same as before. I understand they continue develop and re-evaluate their products which is a good thing. I feel their reply was misleading and not exactly truthful and now feel discouraged.

I realize products must appeal to the masses and there is lots of competition.

pinchbeck
September 10th, 2011, 08:59 PM
MODS: Please remove my post. It turns out Natureclean did not answer my question properly and neglected to let me know that they are carrying both unscented and scented products. The scented products are new. In their response to my initial complaint, they must have sent and 'autoreply' because their answer to my questions addressed a comment I didn't make (lol).

Anyhow, I saw these products today side by side at a different store that carries Natureclean products and was very satisfied!

Thank You