PDA

View Full Version : Any good YT vids on trimming in long layers?

GoldberryHair
September 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM
It's about trim time and I'm growing out layers so I figure seeing how to cut them I could just use that to trim them up till they catch up with the rest of my hair.

Cowgirl16
September 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I don't know of any longhair videos but, my sisters hair is about APL and she trims layers in her hair by flipping her hair forward and trimming accross. Good luck :)

dulce
September 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
You could use a CREACLIP.Google for more information.

UltraBella
September 7th, 2011, 09:53 PM
If you have layers that were done by a stylist, a CREACLIP is not going to allow you to trim them properly. It is a very basic way of creating layers and is totally different. I can't trim my own layers very well and I wouldn't dream of using I CREACLIP on them.

MagicAndMayhem
September 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I don't know of any longhair videos but, my sisters hair is about APL and she trims layers in her hair by flipping her hair forward and trimming accross. Good luck :)

Hmmm is it effective? This actually sounds like a not bad idea lol

dulce
September 7th, 2011, 10:07 PM
If you go to a stylist be careful,some cut really great layers ,some don't.So check them out first.I have had a stylist cut so many layers and layers so short in my past shoulder length hair that it was flat and see through.And my hair is not thin,it was cut in way too many layers all over and the layers were uneven between both sides of my front.Unfortunately they make you take your glasses off for a cut[am nearly blind without them] so couldn't see what they were doing till it was all done and they let me put them on again.I has lasik surgery later so I don't need glasses anymore.So that won't happen to me again.So check them out first or find someone that has what you like and get a referral.

DarkSky
September 7th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Post deleted because of duplication.

DarkSky
September 7th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I have the creaclip. THere are tons of youtube vids on it. I mainly use it to cut my kids hair. I tried the creaclip layered cut technique on my hair but wasn't too happy with the outcome. It was ok if I had my hair curled but when it was straight it lacked the refinement that I got from the hair stylist. It needed more texturizing etc. it had that choppy look. I ended up going back to my hair stylist to fix them. Funny thing is she thought the creaclip did a pretty good job LOL! So maybe im just finicky. Anyways I think the inventor has added more vids on how to refine the layers. I personally still think it's a great little tool to have.. like I said, it works great on a simple hair cuts that I give to the kids.

I'm also interested in getting more tips on layerd cut trimming.

UltraBella
September 7th, 2011, 10:36 PM
If you go to a stylist be careful,some cut really great layers ,some don't.So check them out first.I have had a stylist cut so many layers and layers so short in my past shoulder length hair that it was flat and see through.And my hair is not thin,it was cut in way too many layers all over and the layers were uneven between both sides of my front.Unfortunately they make you take your glasses off for a cut[am nearly blind without them] so couldn't see what they were doing till it was all done and they let me put them on again.I has lasik surgery later so I don't need glasses anymore.So that won't happen to me again.So check them out first or find someone that has what you like and get a referral.

It is definitely hard to choose a stylist sometimes, my recommendation is to keep a lookout for long layered hair you like and then ask them who cuts their hair. People ask me about my layers all the time and I am happy to refer them, especially since my stylist works for me in my salon :)

I have the creaclip. THere are tons of youtube vids on it. I mainly use it to cut my kids hair. I tried the creaclip layered cut technique on my hair but wasn't too happy with the outcome. It was ok if I had my hair curled but when it was straight it lacked the refinement that I got from my hair stylis. It needed more texturizing etc. Instead it had that choppy look instead of well blended look. I ended up going back to my hair stylist to fix them. Funny thing is she thought the creaclip did a pretty good job LOL! So maybe im just finicky. Anyways I think the inventor has added more vids on how to refine the layers. I personally still think it's a great little tool to have.. like I said, it works great on a simple hair cuts that I give to the kids.

I'm also interested in getting more tips on layerd cut trimming.

I am with you on the choppy look it gives. I have seen two layered cuts done by a CREACLIP and they looked terrible to me, but I am incredibly picky. My layers have a lot more shape and are very blended in comparison.

AnimaSola3o4
September 7th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I actually have used Feye's method for U shaped hair, only just taking smaller sections closer to the top of my head and cutting them shorter than the rest. Worked for me. So I basically parted my hair down the middle, then clip the top out of the way, and start trimming the length with the bottom section, and every time I'd add a section from the clip, make them a bit shorter than the last. I really hope that makes sense...

sycamoreboutiqu
September 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I agree that a good stylist can do wonders with layers for long hair.

I have a hairstylist friend that put my layers in ny hair... geez way over a year ago ( I decided to start seriously growing and no trims so I haven't had a cut from her since). Even nearing hip length I still like her layers. Now THATS some good haircutting.

When I reach the length I want I am going back to have her do it again.

She is just about the only one though that knew what I meant by "Long Layers" or choppy layers. I didn't want a bunch of feathery short layers as my hair is just too darned thick for that. She gave me long well structured layers that have lasted all this time. Amazing.

PS - I have been self trimming these layers ever since, just dusting them really and the general shape is still there - just super long now.

GoldberryHair
September 8th, 2011, 07:51 AM
The only problem I have with going to a salon is EVERYTIME I go, and I've gone to more than one, they always cut the layers shorter than I want, and take off more than I want, I don't know of any long hair geared salon or hairdressers, the last time I went she cut it from where it is currently, to my BSL with the shortest layer at my chin...