PDA

View Full Version : Semi perminent dye failure

WinterButterfly
September 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I'm irritated. I bougt some semi perminent dye and it didn't realy stick. I have been dying my hair black for a while now with perminent dyes. But I was thinking about how I sometimes want to change it, but I don't want to go through the damaging bleaching process. So I though that I would phase out the perminent dyes ans use semi perminent. I still have blond roots. But now they are a little greyish. I didn't get the darkest black because the girl helping me sad it might not come out so easy and I would have to use a dye remover for it. But it still said black on the package. The same dye brand turned my friends light brown hair to a dark red with a brownish tint. Why didn't it work for me? I followed the directions. And I practiced with my friend first. I didn't shampoo when I rinsed it out. My husband said that we can get me some more hair dye. Should I go for demi perminent? I really want to get out of perminent black, but I want to keep it black for the estimated 4 years it will take to grow out the perminent dye. Please help.

bratz81
September 8th, 2011, 07:45 AM
what brand of dye did you use? I've used Manic Panic black before and it's semi permanent. I found it really good, and it covered the BRIGHT red hair I had at the time. And stayed around for....months. Until I stripped it out.

I don't know where you're based but the one I used is http://www.dream-gate.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=206

Roscata
September 8th, 2011, 11:30 AM
what brand of dye did you use? I've used Manic Panic black before and it's semi permanent. I found it really good, and it covered the BRIGHT red hair I had at the time. And stayed around for....months. Until I stripped it out.

I don't know where you're based but the one I used is http://www.dream-gate.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=206

I agree with Manic Panic black because it actually is temporary and will wash out, plus it's herbal and won't damage your hair. Good luck! :D

WinterButterfly
September 8th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I might try that then. I got the stuff from sally beauty supply. I don't know what brand it was, but I could find out by looking in the trash can. I don't want to do that at the moment though as it is my dinner time. I hope that it works if I can get a hold of the manic panic stuff. :)

Panth
September 9th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I know very little about dyes. However, from what information I've absorbed here, I understand that demi permenant, unlike semi permenant, contains peroxide. So, don't chose that if you want the dye to be in any way reversible - the peroxide will alter your natural hair colour, even before you take into account the actual dye.

I agree with everyone else - a deposit-only dye, like Manic Panic, would be best. In 99% of cases, those are perfectly reversible and wash out (some colours within days, others take nearly a year).