PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between a detangling comb & a wide tooth comb?

Fairlight63
September 7th, 2011, 02:40 PM
When buying a comb for detangling is there any difference between a detangling comb & a wide tooth comb?

Madora
September 7th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Not that I know of, Fairlight. Perhaps the only difference may be the width between the tines. I've seen combs with very wide gaps between tines.

A wide tooth comb is better for detangling in general, as you know. I found the wider gaps between the tines unsatisfactory and the comb unwieldly into the bargain.

My wide tooth comb from the GM salon handled all my needs for decades until it gave up the ghost a few months ago. I bought a wide tooth shower comb from Sally's that has been great.

Whatever comb you fancy, your detangling success is dependant on how you detangle and how gentle and slow you use the comb.
I detangle in small, thin segments and am sure to find all snarls, tangles, etc.

Carolyn
September 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
This (http://www.amazon.com/Mebco-Tortoise-Shower-Detangler/dp/B0000YUX4O) is my favorite wet detangling comb. I get them at Sallys. I prefer a comb with teeth a little closer together when combing dry hair. I like the Madora Ivory comb or the Body Shop wooden comb. I think it's just a personal preference.