PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a good wide-tooth comb?

sun-kissed
September 7th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I have a comb, but it is plastic and has seams, which does not go well with my super-fine hair. >.o
I've checked at Sally, but they don't have any seamless plastic combs at all, much less wooden. And I think Wal-Mart is out of the question, lol.

Does anyone know where I can find a 'high-quality-yet-somewhat-inexpensive' wide-tooth comb in the US? :confused:

kyandii
September 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
The Body Shop has a really good one that a lot of forumites use. :)

ETA: http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/hair-care-products/hair-brush/detangling-comb.aspx

Kyla
September 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM
If you are unable to find a seamless comb, you could always take a fine grit nail file or sand paper and file off the ridges! :)

In2wishin
September 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Do you have an Ulta store near you? They have a number of wide toothed combs but I don't remember if any are seamless.

archel
September 7th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I had the same issue when visiting Sally's, Target, and Walmart - not a seamless comb ANYWHERE. I ended up ordering a pair of inexpensive wooden combs from Smallflower on Amazon.com and sanding them myself and treating them with oil (now they get oilings from my hair).

I have some fancy combs coming, but only because I had some good ebay sales - otherwise I guess I'd stick to my $3 wood combs.

Megz
September 7th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I got mine from Amazon, which is called Swissco. It's plastic, seamless, handmade in India, and I guess they use some special process with pumice to smooth out any edges, then they add shine/polish. I really like it, although I think I'll get one with a handle next time. Its smoothness makes it hard to hold onto.

They carry other brands on there, including Mason Pearson (if you want to fork out the money), if you don't mind online ordering. I just use Amazon, since I get the free shipping bit.

Leoneska
September 7th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I support the Body Shop wooden comb!