PDA

View Full Version : HELP should I go get my ends trimmed

slo2gro
September 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I keep thinking my ends are so terribly ugly. I have so many layers and well as you can see my hemline is all over the place and I keep thinking I should go and get it sorted at a salon but Ill lose the lil bit of length I have lost. :( I dunno why it bothers me so much. What is wrong with me haha im a spaz I know lol

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shamesmom/hair/augsep.jpg

Roscata
September 7th, 2011, 12:58 PM
If you dust your layers and trim a half an inch off the length, I'm sure it will look dramatically better. I know how you feel, I constantly want to trim the layers because they make my hemline look uneven and thin. Good luck whatever you decide to do! :D

bunzfan
September 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I say just do a dusting on the length and leave the layers alone, i haven't had mine trimmed in a year and they are nearly gone:)

Hamh
September 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I say just do a dusting on the length and leave the layers alone, i haven't had mine trimmed in a year and they are nearly gone:)

Second this, it's where I am at although I will keep some layers I want to grow a lot out! My opinion? Don't go to a salon they will cut more than you want, just do it yourself in small stages until you are happy :o

Cassie 123
September 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I'm a big fan of tiny trims, but your ends look healthy, and with the unevenness I think you are really at risk for a hairdresser chopping off way too much. I would say have your girlfriend give you the tiniest dusting if you really want it, or otherwise just let it be for now.

MrsGuther
September 7th, 2011, 02:02 PM
If you dust your layers and trim a half an inch off the length, I'm sure it will look dramatically better. I know how you feel, I constantly want to trim the layers because they make my hemline look uneven and thin. Good luck whatever you decide to do! :D

I agree. I think maybe a half inch trim will do your hair some good.

heartgoesboom
September 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
if your early want a trim, i agree - a VERY small trim. personally, i think you're at a tricky length. you're probably going to want/think you need a trim because your hair is falling awkwardly around your shoulders so leave it alone and don't get annoyed at it :)

pepperminttea
September 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
To be honest, I think it looks fine as it is, but if it's making you worry this much, I'd get a small trim (or do one yourself (http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/) :) ). A few millimetres of hair for peace of mind is a good trade in my book.

jojo
September 7th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Id do a few micro trims nothing major

Chromis
September 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I might do a dusting to get rid of the splits myself in your shoes if they are bad. Otherwise I would just treat it well and wear it up. At your length, I would not want to take too much off now or else it will be harder to put up. I let mine grow to about bsl before I evened it up which worked great.

spidermom
September 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
If you have somebody you trust available, then I think 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the bottom will help you to feel better about how your hair looks. Otherwise, wear it up a lot and get more length before risking a cut.

teal
September 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM
(...) wear it up a lot and get more length before risking a cut.

This is what I did at that stage - lots of buns and pony tails. I also have layers.

ETA: Because it wasn't down, I didn't notice anything to worry over or complain about. "Out of sight, out of mind" works remarkably well!

slo2gro
September 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Thank you all very much. I really appreciate your input.

I dont think that sept pic was a good one. I have another one took just today as well and the hemline doesnt look too bad I have attached it below. I did just last month do a dusting and a weee trim for splits etc so contrary to how they look they are healthy. They are growing out of a BOB cut YUCK.

See not too bad here

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shamesmom/hair/sept11.jpg

Maktub
September 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'd cut 1/2 or 1/3 of an inch from the bottom only (:

Macaroni
September 7th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I'd wait it out and do nothing unless you trust yourself to do a micro-trim or someone else to do the same.

My motto: When in doubt; do nothing.

skyblue
September 7th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I think your ends look fine, I agree with just a dusting if you really feel you need it, but I'd wait a month then check it again

ssjhotau2
September 7th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I would say just braid or bun out of the way for awhile.

I'm always obsessed with my ends- its why after 3 years of actively growing my hair I've only just made it to waist. I kept cutting an inch or 3 off to get rid of the damage or cutting all the layers out (6+ inches).

I finally had to just get it out of my way and do my best to forget about my hair- which I did last September to now.
My ends still need to be cut, but I've been trimming just the hairs that have splits and trying to maintain until I reach my goal length. I will do larger trims for the health of the ends once I get there. Worrying about it before hand has just gotten in the way.

bunzfan
September 8th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Thank you all very much. I really appreciate your input.

I dont think that sept pic was a good one. I have another one took just today as well and the hemline doesnt look too bad I have attached it below. I did just last month do a dusting and a weee trim for splits etc so contrary to how they look they are healthy. They are growing out of a BOB cut YUCK.

See not too bad here

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shamesmom/hair/sept11.jpg

Going by this photo i think you could go without a trim your just at a awkward stage can you put it in a ponytail yet? that will stop the temptation, when i joined i was only at APL and i had the temptation to cut daily i got out of this by wearing it up. Just look in my album and your see what i mean.

slo2gro
September 8th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Yes i do keep it up mostly. I dont see it a whole lot. OK gonna check your pics woot love pics. hehe Thanks all.