PDA

View Full Version : Milestone! Past Waist!

Amber_Maiden
September 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
:D I did it! I got to waist... I don't even know how I did it really.... I was sure it couldn't grow THAT fast... But then again, I'd never really checked the length from behind before... And it is actually past waist length. I'm about 3-4in from TBL.

But its weird... When I have it down, when its dry and hanging in the front, it doesn't look even at waist length. Perhaps this is because my boobs are in the way and its not hanging completely straight???:confused:

But anyways, I'm happy!!! I'm not only happy because of how long it is, but because I finally have my hair routine down perfect. My hair is happy. I'm happy. Hair life is good. :cheese:

Kyla
September 7th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Congratulations! :) I'm so jealous!

Amber_Maiden
September 7th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I think the trick is not to notice that your hair is growing. I ignore it and then look, and then am surprised by the growth :) Now I probably won't check for another year!:D

MsPretty31
September 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Wow! Congratulations! :D How long have you been trying to get to that length? Any hoo, CONGRATS! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Amber_Maiden
September 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I cut it about 3 years ago from TBL length to just at shoulder length. So, 3 years... lol. I cut 8in off with spring and I never thought it would grow!

jojo
September 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Well done I am at that point too and its a great milestone to reach!

bookworm_10
September 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I'm so jealous. But congrats on your milestone :)

Chetanlaiho
September 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Haha a very similar thing happened to me ^_^ but my ends are frighteningly thin due to an unfortunate haircut so I need to let the rest catch up :(

wooliswonderful
September 7th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Congratulations! Isn't it cool when the growth kinda sneaks up?
I just realized I was at waist a few days ago myself. :)

slo2gro
September 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM
YAYYYY i am happy for you. YOU GO GIRL

dementedkitten
September 7th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Awesome! I'm happy for you :)

Quetiepi
September 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Congratulations! Don't you just love having long beautiful hair! It is definitely worth the time & effort!

Amber_Maiden
September 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Congratulations! Don't you just love having long beautiful hair! It is definitely worth the time & effort!

It definitely is! :D

bunzfan
September 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Congratulations i'm quite jealous :)

curlymarcia
September 8th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Congratulations! Waist length is a beautiful length (is my goal length). So happy for you.

Shelly
September 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Congratulations!!! It's funny how that happens. Hair grows as life goes. :lol:

Foxy_Booker
September 8th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Congrats! That happened to me as well. I never checked my hair from the back and the other day it was an inch longer than waist which was a surprise because from the front its only an inch past by boobs... It doesn't make sense to me either why it appears so much shorter when its brushed to the front..:confused:

Amber_Maiden
September 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Congrats! That happened to me as well. I never checked my hair from the back and the other day it was an inch longer than waist which was a surprise because from the front its only an inch past by boobs... It doesn't make sense to me either why it appears so much shorter when its brushed to the front..:confused:

That's the reason I was surprised! I was all like "How can this be? You look so much shorter in front!" But now I'm pretty happy...:D

lillylonghair
September 8th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Awesome!!!!! I too have been just leaving it up,not measuring and just taking care of it.

Cassie 123
September 8th, 2011, 06:46 PM
But anyways, I'm happy!!! I'm not only happy because of how long it is, but because I finally have my hair routine down perfect. My hair is happy. I'm happy. Hair life is good. :cheese:

I want to congratulate you for this as well as for the length - I think I remember that just a month or two ago you were in complete hair misery? May I ask what changes you made?

lacefrost
September 8th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Yay! I'm both happy for you and a lil bit envious. I wanna just one day wake up and realize I'm past waist tooooo. (poutyface)

But no, I'm really happy for you cause not too long ago you were super miserable.

Amber_Maiden
September 10th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Started using a resin comb instead of a brush, S&Ding a whole lot more, and started COing with a different type of CO. Thats a bout it... It looks a whole lot better now!

akuamoonmaui
September 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Pictures..... Hello!!!

Amber_Maiden
September 13th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Haha! It'll have to be when I get my webcam fixed!

Juicematic
September 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Congrats! You are at my goal length!

elfgirl
September 19th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Hooray! Congratulations to you! :) I have a feeling I'll be at that length hopefully soon :)

longhairedlady
September 19th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Congrats and I cant wait to see a pic! :)

Safira
September 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I´m so happy for you! :happydance:

Gongratulations!

infinity_girl
September 19th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I cut it about 3 years ago from TBL length to just at shoulder length. So, 3 years... lol. I cut 8in off with spring and I never thought it would grow!

So, you grew from shoulder length to longer than waist in 3 years with a trim of over 8 inches in that time. Damn, your hair grows fast. What is your secret, maybe there is hope for my hair yet? Congrats!

greentealeaf
September 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Yay! That's so exciting to hear! :applause

Kricket
September 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Yaaay!

I'm hoping to get there soon!