PDA

View Full Version : Favorite leave-in types

YepLilly
September 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM
So what types of leave-ins do you like the most? I ask because before LHC I would have never imagined that gel would work so well for me! Do you prefer oil, conditioner, gel, serum, creams, a mix of the above? For me it is like this:

- Gel: So far the one I like the most, I love AVG. Sometimes I also use products like Aussie gels.

- Oil: I like them as pre-wash but I haven't managed to use the right amount as a leave-in. It seems I always use way too much.

- Serum: Strangely they don't seem to do much for my hair. I've tried Garnier and Frizz-Ease serums.

- Conditioner: Haven't tried this as a leave-in yet.

- Cream: Currently experimenting with Shea Moisture and Giovanni leave-ins. I used to use Neutrogena and Garnier leave-ins.

- Mix: I would like to mix AVG with oils or creams and see what happens.

chachagrace
September 7th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Most certainly nightblooming panacea!!!

Mairéad
September 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Currently I use coconut oil the most. I use just enough to make my hands sheen. When I deep treat I'll mix my oils and apply much more.

YepLilly
September 7th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I keep reading about the nightblooming panacea, I might have to check that one out :)

begooo
September 7th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I love my Frizz Ease night serum. It's a cremy formula (which I'm sure a lot of you have used) and it works wonders on my hair. I put a ton of it to the ends of my burnt hair (*tears), and a little bit on my bangs because they're burnt either (*more tears). I like it so far... Plus, it smells like heaven!

Anisaa
September 7th, 2011, 03:16 PM
jojoba oil on my ends works wonderful!!!!

Anya21
September 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
As leave-in for wet hair my favourite is chi keratin mist and for dry hair macadamia healing oil.

teal
September 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Coconut oil, or Pandora's growth formula (http://pandoraslocks.blogspot.com/2011/01/pandoras-soothing-scalp-and-growth.html). (It smells great! I added peppermint EO!)

Chetanlaiho
September 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm on a what seems like eternal quest for finding the best leave in =(

Gel: I've only tried AVG but it doesn't do that much for me, makes it a tiny bit curlier but since I usually kind of scrunch it in, might be that

Oil: I use coconut oil which makes it feel better but look worse

Serum: Never tried serums, though I had a kind of cream-ish leave in by Andrelon which, didn't do much either I think. But I recently found it again and I didn't see any obvious cones so I might try it again.

Conditioner: makes my hair a but clumpy and doesn't seem to do any real good

Cream: I've only done the creamy thing I mentioned earlier, I'd love to try shea butter though but I have no idea where to get it here

Mix: I still plan on trying this too, I've tried mixing oil with AVG or a little conditioner with AVG but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference :shrug:

If I don't put in any leave-in my ends feels horribly dry, but they still feel quite dry even if I do put something in >_<

pes3108
September 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I use Garnier's leave in conditioner. full of cones and stuff, but i've been using it for years because it really helps to keep my curly hair from getting too frizzy, especially in the summer. also, I will use coconut oil the day that i wash my hair - usually put it in in the morning and wash my hair that night!

pixiedust
September 7th, 2011, 11:23 PM
MOP leave in conditioner has suddenly become my very favorite conditioner for daily use (: I've used it daily for like a month straight now, works every time. Its a cream/gel consistency

Neneka
September 8th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Coconut oil! I have some other oils and the result is really the same with them too. I just love the scent of coconut oil so much.

Megz
September 8th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Gel: I've not tried too many gel form leave-ins, but I sometimes put L'Oreal Everstrong Overnight Treatment on my hair once or twice a week. It's similar to Frizz Ease, but more of an opaque-like gel. Love it.

Oil: Definitely coconut oil, which I sometimes put on right after a shower, but I'm starting to like it better after my hair's air-dried a bit (semi damp) and just putting a tiny amount on, then brush it through and bun/braid it once it's been detangled. I also use it as a deep conditioner, or simply just for my ends (depends on the weather). I also like amla oil (mineral-free) now and then a pre-wash for my scalp. Would love to try olive oil.

Serum: Not keen on serums; they seem to dry my hair out after awhile. I was using Biosilk, but decided to pitch it. Curious to try Organix Vanilla Silk, though.

Conditioner: Sometimes I'll use Eversleek Intense Smoothing Conditioner if I know it's going to be a dry day.

Cream: I use Beauty Without Cruelty at the moment as my main leave-in, though trying to find something else, since it can be a bit heavy on my hair. If I'm doing the rare flat-iron or straightening and am worried about rain/moist weather, I'll toss on some L'Oreal Eversleek Humidity Defying Leave-In Cr&#232;me, which works great and feels pretty good on my hair (just not if it's a super dry day)

Mix: I sometimes mix amla oil with coconut, but plan to try a coconut, camellia and maybe some meadowfoam. Not sure! Defo on the to-do list.

Aredhel77
September 8th, 2011, 01:58 AM
My go-to leave in seems to be aloe vera gel mixed with a tiny bit of coconut oil. It leaves my hair really soft (I tip my damp hair upside-down and scrunch it in). But my hair has also responded well in the past to cone-free conditioner or a bit of shea butter.