PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! get this out of my mind.....

MonaLisa
September 7th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I like this hairstyle way too much :(

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Natalie-Imbruglia-s01.jpg

Mymagicfairy
September 7th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I actually have this hairstyle...but with bangs
And a bit less tapered in the back
For me ...I am growing out my pixie since April...and just trimming along the way
This style is pretty easy for me...I use Bobby pins when drying...this way I don't have to flat iron or use blow dryer

Mymagicfairy
September 7th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Btw..you have gorgeous hair!!!,and nice and thick
Don't cut it!!!
I am hoping for one day having long hair

cheetahfast
September 7th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Don't do it! You're so close to your goal length and your hair looks lovely!

Curly Hermione
September 7th, 2011, 05:39 AM
You have gorgeous hair, don't do it! That style is cute, but would get boring quickly, wait a while longer to see if you still really want it before making a huge commitment.

Chetanlaiho
September 7th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Try finding a wig and cut it in a similar style? =)

MonaLisa
September 7th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Try finding a wig and cut it in a similar style? =)

this is brilliant! :D
im gonna do this i think! Thanks Chetanlaiho!
I hope that's not too weird?
Might even wear it sometimes when i go out...

i do love long hair more, and i'm so attached to mine!
but this has been my dream hairstyle for years secretly.
Thank you so much guys, you are indeed helping!
I know i'd cry the next day!

heartgoesboom
September 7th, 2011, 06:39 AM
don't do it! your hair is far too thick for that hair, you would have to straighten it everyday to look ilke that!

Dragon
September 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
It looks like a nice style but since the back usually grows quicker than the front it would probably be more higher maintains since it would need trimming more often and it wound take forever to grow out again to your current length. Plus your hair looks so healthy and thick and you can do a lot more hair styles at your length then you could do at that length.

Lostsoule77
September 7th, 2011, 07:13 AM
MonaLisa I'm glad your going to listen to Chetanlaiho. Your hair is gorgeous and it'd be a shame to cut it all off into such a high maintenance cut. I wore a short wig for halloween a few years ago and it was great! I got a short cut, but still had all my hair. It takes a little time to get it right, but once you do it's great!

embee
September 7th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Would you want *this* particular cut for every single day and evening? Going in for trims every time you turn around, to keep it looking crisp?

The wig is a fine thought. When you get the wig figured out, take pics and show us how it looks. :D

I have only one attractive pic of me with short hair - and every now and then I'm tempted, but then I remember how annoyed I was having to wash every day to keep it un-stringy, how it needed trims all the time so it didn't look ragged.... I just don't want to go there again!

spidermom
September 7th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Good idea - get a wig.
Your own hair is far more beautiful.

Sweetie
September 7th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Please - PLEASE don't cut your hair, it's so beautiful!!! I agree for the wig!

Intransigentia
September 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I had this style for many years, and loved it. It's short enough that you can abuse your hair with all kinds of chemicals and heat, and you cut the damage off before it starts looking bad. It's also not a bad place to start growing out from because you skip the mullet stage. High maintenance though. You can never just stick it in a bun and ignore it.

If you MUST cut, this would be a less-worse option, but it would be years and years to grow it back.

GeoJ
September 7th, 2011, 09:22 AM
The wig is what I was going to suggest too!

celebriangel
September 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
That style would be an absolute pain in the arse to maintain/style. You'd have to get really regular trims, probably wash and style every day, and such. Also, I have seen photos of you and your long hair is so beautiful and suits you wonderfully. You have the face to pull off this cut, but I still think the long suits you better.

slo2gro
September 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
OK here is my take.

The style is great BUT BUT doesnt always mean it will be great for US Nor does it mean its going to leave us feeling great. I have been there one too many times. As I am sure you have as well. My plan for when I get in this mood next time is to find a wig. I realized all these celebs do that or a lot of them. Frig that not gonna chop my hair anymore. I know hair grows back BUT not as easily or quickly as they say lol

MonaLisa
September 8th, 2011, 01:18 AM
thank you guys!
again im so happy to be here!

i'll look for a wig, even tho it still sounds silly and make pics also!
it's the easiest way to have both dream hairstyles :)
safe and no regrets :)

battles
September 8th, 2011, 01:32 AM
It is a really cute style. :) A wig sounds like a great idea.

kidari
September 8th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Stop looking at any pictures of cute short hair cuts immediately! Also remember that in order to maintain that style you need to go in for professional cuts very very often and it only looks good if your hair is nice and thick and straight and never frizzes.

tweetylonghair
September 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Step away from the short pics.. this is you secure know it all inside voice...LOL ok I am trying to be funny. I seriously love that cut and wish I could.. aside from not liking has soon has I got it my hubby would disown me. Think of your goal and put photo in trash can.

Nenwing
September 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Another thing I've come to realize about styles like this, is that a haircut I think looks good or great I tend to first see it on a celebrity and the cut looks fantastic of course because these celebrities for one have unique faces that are not the average look (part of what has made them a famous person in many cases!).

When I really think about how it would look with *my* face, sometimes I realize "geez that wouldn't really look so good on me". (Not saying this about you! It is just something I've come to realize as I browse celeb pics and think "wow that hairstyle looks great!"). Lots of times part of the reason the style looks so attractive is because it is on a person with modelesque looks and they have had their own personal stylists cut it to highlight their own unique features.

This has happened to me multiple times in the past, the hair looks great in the picture I show the hairstylist, but somehow isn't as great when it is on my head. :o