PDA

View Full Version : One or two step?? Help please!?!

stacyyyy1972
September 6th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Ok..hi all :) I have indigoed my hair and doesnt cover greys. I Dont have alot at the point where I could do roots with henna and then go over with indigo..they are sporadic. I Have waist length very dark brown hair with red tone in sun that had been chemically treated but I usually do head only and not past nape.
I Want to do henna but dont want my stray greys to be orange so my question: can I do a mix with the henna and indigo to get grey coverage or do I have to go through the whole two step application and apply both products to my whole head. Indigo is so so hard to get through my hair..uugh..
Any feedback would be appreciated from any one who has experience on how they cover the greys without orange red strands.
:)

Anje
September 6th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I'd stick with a one-step henndigo if you're after brown. You can make it maybe 75% indigo if you want it dark. A 50/50 blend of henna and indigo gives a nice mid-dark brown to my husband's hair, and covers his grays as a nice brown, not orange. A two-step is generally used for black hair, and given the way indigo won't leave when you want it to, it's best not to risk going darker than you want.

stacyyyy1972
September 6th, 2011, 10:42 AM
thank you..that is what I was hoping i could do. Glad to hear it works for the greys. that wil make for such an easier application too :)