PDA

View Full Version : APL or BSL?

TheCatSaidQuack
September 6th, 2011, 07:15 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd274/thecatsaidquack/BraidWaves2.jpg
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd274/thecatsaidquack/Straight.jpg

I can't decide if my hair is at is APL or BSL. On one hand, it touches the bottom of my armpits in the back, and when I pull it to the front on either side. On the other hand, though, it just touches the top of my bra in the back.
Is it possible to be both? Which would you consider it, fried ends and all?

Demetrue
September 6th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Looks BSL to me! Love the natural curls!

Audrey Horne
September 6th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I'd say APL+? :D I have more or less the same situation right now.

Foxy_Booker
September 6th, 2011, 07:29 AM
It looks like it is just BSL. I love your curls though, they are georgeous.

TheCatSaidQuack
September 6th, 2011, 07:47 AM
thanks, everyone! I have been thinking APL, but the whole bra-strap thing threw me for a loop when I saw that.
And thank you for the compliments on the curls. Those are actually braid waves - my hair tends to be a tad bit more curly then that, naturally (2cish) and a whole lot more puffy!

YepLilly
September 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'm gonna say APL+ too. My hair is about the same length :)

Dragon
September 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I vote APL+ to. Looks very close to BSL.

racrane
September 6th, 2011, 07:59 AM
My hair is close to yours. I consider mine APL+, very close. :D

Ligeia_13
September 6th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Same as mine :D I call mine apl+ as well.

spidermom
September 6th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Upper reaches of BSL.

luluj
September 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I cast my vote for APL+ also. You hair is very pretty! Like many of the previous posters, my hair is quite close to yours in length. Stay the course and you/we will be BSL before long! Good Luck!

lapushka
September 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM
When it just hits your bra, you're almost at BSL, I guess, though it somehow looks BSL to me. :shrug:

I thought you weren't BSL, properly, until your hair hit the bottom of your strap. I could be mistaken. :hmm:

CurlyMopTop
September 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
If the longest layer/hemline of your hair unstretched passes the top of your bra strap in the back you could go with bsl. I have noticed that a lot of people on the boards choose not to call bsl until the longest part is even with, or passes the bottem of the bra strap. Some curlys go by when their hair is straight, some when it's curly. So it seems to me that it's completely left open to interpretation. My hair when stretched (I never straighten) reaches the bottem of my bra strap. When it's curly and dry (unstretched) apl length. I choose to call it apl because that's what it looks like on a normal day, but it measures 25 inches. So I say it's up to you!! :D

Paliele
September 6th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I have to ask--are you sure you're wearing the correct sized bra? Most women aren't, and one of the signs of a mis-sized bra is that the band rides up in back. I know that the top of my bra strap isn't anywhere near my armpits.

TheCatSaidQuack
September 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I have to ask--are you sure you're wearing the correct sized bra? Most women aren't, and one of the signs of a mis-sized bra is that the band rides up in back. I know that the top of my bra strap isn't anywhere near my armpits.

I'm pretty sure I am...I'm just, well, 'heavily endowed', so the back of my bra strap is pretty wide (4 hooks instead of 2) for support, so it goes up higher/lower then most bra straps. It's actually a bit of a pain, but I have yet to find any thing else that works for me in terms of comfort.

This is a tricky length, for sure! Not quite here, too far past there...

caiti42
September 6th, 2011, 09:02 PM

I constantly wonder this when I see APL and BSL pictures so close together. For me it's a good 4 inches apart. My BSL is closer to my waist.

jaine
September 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
It looks like about 2 inches away from what I would call BSL.

jaine
September 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM
PS. What kind of braid gave you those lovely waves? They go all the way to the root but they're still fat waves, it's so nice. It looks very natural and I would love to try it.

katsrevenge
September 6th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry! Wrong thread!

I'm voting APL+ here too. :)