PDA

View Full Version : It's me with a hair update finally!

Heavenly Locks
September 5th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I know it's been quite some time since I posted much or made an update :) Sorry, bad hair girl I know. :o :p

Here's the skinny on what's been up with me and my hair journey. I grew out my bangs for about 6 months, and got them to chin length. I decided I hate my hairline and the way I look without bangs ... a lot. So I cut them and I'm happy with the way that looks.

The rest of my hair has just kept growing and growing. I surpassed my goal length and didn't even realize it. Life just kept rolling along and before I knew it, my hair was just long! I'm at 37 inches and TB+ length (mid cheekish?). It's FUN. I really like it most of the time.

My washing routine has turned from CWC with sulphate free stuff to CWC and a scalp only wash with the tiniest of regular old Herbal Essences that I have in the shower. Mainly due to laziness. Oops. I have been using Panacea Hair Salve and really like that with the occasional coconut oiling. I do have some mild dryness and a little splitting but not much.

I trimmed about 1/2 an inch twice in the last year. Mainly those stragglers that grow in the center of the hemline where it turns into the "V" point. I'm fairytailing due to more laziness but that's okay with me. It feels good to have healthy, virgin hair that is this long.

I went through a pretty heavy shed/stall last year when I lost my Mom to cancer. *shakes fist at stupid cancer* I seem to be growing again though. I was worried there for a while. I was afraid my terminal length had begun.

So, that's it! I'm still growing and not planning to cut until I get to classic to maintain for a while. That goal is maybe 6 months away or so. I definitely need to get a new photo or two, don't I?

Shelly
September 5th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Where's the pics? :(

Heavenly Locks
September 6th, 2011, 12:04 AM
:D @ Shelly. Maybe I can convince the hubs to be my photographer tomorrow if the sun stays cooperative. I definitely need pics and a new updated siggie photo.

Juneii
September 6th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Yes please post pictures! I remember looking at your photos a long while ago and admiring the length of your hair. Would love to see how long it is now and how different your texture is (or is not) now.

Heavenly Locks
September 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Yes please post pictures! I remember looking at your photos a long while ago and admiring the length of your hair. Would love to see how long it is now and how different your texture is (or is not) now.

My siggie photos are usually blow dried to mostly straight. I can do a natural dried photo for you as well if you like :) My wurlies are even prettier I think when they get longer. Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Tressie
September 6th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Your hair sounds lovely! I'm looking forward to updated pics too! Sending hugs :grouphug: and sympathy in the loss of your dear Mother. My DD passed away on the 8th of January this year, and I still miss him! Love, Tressie

IcarusBride
September 6th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I'm looking forward to your update pics too! Glad to hear you and your hair are doing well :D

MsBubbles
September 6th, 2011, 05:08 AM
:grouphug: I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother.

It's great to hear from you...I have been wondering how you were doing since those natural disasters in your area, and whether you were in a safe place.

Yes! Pics please whenever you get around to it!

florenonite
September 6th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Welcome back! It's good to hear from you; I've been wondering how you've been doing.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother :grouphug:

Looking forward to hair pics :)

embee
September 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Glad you are doing ok. What a time Japan has had, terrible!

Sorry about your mom, it's tough to be so far away.

Looking forward to new pics.

spidermom
September 6th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Hi; good to see you! I'll be watching out for those photos.

Heavenly Locks
October 18th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Okay, here is the only photo I managed to get. I just didn't feel like blowing it straight. So, here it is air dried :)

I'm considering a trim within the next couple of months (after I return to the US), as I'm just not super happy with the thinness past waist. I'm not sure how much I'll trim... maybe a couple of inches?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC00389_2.jpg

No matter what though, I'm really pleased that I stuck with my goals of growing it out :D In this time, I've learned to love my natural color, my waves and my ponytail circumference. I still envy and admire others for lots of reasons but you have to love what you have, right?

jojo
October 18th, 2011, 06:27 AM
So sorry about your Mom; life can be so cruel to those we love and cherish :flower:

Your hair has grown fast and I love the little fairy tales so cute.

Avvoltoio
October 18th, 2011, 06:36 AM
i would only use only microtrims with 1 cm in 1-2 months, so you will not lost the length, but the ends will be blunt

racrane
October 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
You have such beautiful hair. Very pretty. I'm sorry about the loss of your mother.

letterstodes
October 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks for sharing. We have similar length hair and mine was getting thin at the ends as well but it's because I had layers (which I`m growing out) and the hemline was super uneven. I just did a trim of about 3 inches and the hemline looks so much better. I wanted to cut out alot of the split ends as well as even it up. Hated losing those 3 inches but I feel it was the best move at this point in time. Luck!

spidermom
October 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Yay; I'm glad to see the new picture.

heidihug
October 18th, 2011, 10:52 AM
So happy to see you, and thanks for the update! Your hair is gorgeous - it looks so different left wavy vs. the straight blow-dried I'm used to seeing.

Many [hugs] regarding your mom.

justgreen
October 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Great growing! I like the way your hair grows, I'm hoping you are not gonna whack it off to have a blunt hemline?

Sorry about your Mother. I lost my mom to cancer also. Seems like just yesterday but it was January 2003. Sometimes I still reach for the phone to give her a call...

Maelyssa
October 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Great to finally see you posting again! Isn't it wonderful when you just get so caught up in other things that by the time you pay notice to your length it's soo much longer than expected?
Good for you!