PDA

View Full Version : Number of times per day you change your hairdo ...

AprilElf
June 30th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Somedays, I just can't leave my hair alone :rolleyes: ... the updo is not sitting quite right ... the stick/fork is pulling, or something is just annoying me about it ...
So I redo it, change it, worry at it.

Is it just me? ;)

How many times a day do you change your hairstyle (updo, braid, whatever)?
Don't include redos that might occur before you finish your 'morning toilette', but do include redos of the same style that occur later in the day/night. Do include sleep braids/buns.

On a good day I'm a 1-2 timer, but sometimes it's 3-4.
ETA: This is a multiple choice poll.

Phalaenopsis
June 30th, 2008, 04:54 AM
1-2 times. When I do a braid, most of the time I do a different kind of braid in the afternoon. I can't stop fiddling with my hair :o

morgwn
June 30th, 2008, 04:54 AM
I mostly just put it up and leave it alone until I get into bed, but if it's falling I may have to mess it with it once, max twice.... I don't like hairdos, however, that aren't very stable on me and require frequent changes.

Finoriel
June 30th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I just put it up in the morning and take it down in the evening for doing my night braid. Thatīs all. No fiddling or redoing, if I can avoid that. I expect from an updo that it holds all day... :p if not itīs allowed to look fuzzy.
Sometimes my job requires to change my hair during the day (safety first :wink:), but most times I know it before what Iīll have to do that day (wear a hardhat for example) and just choose the right updo already in the morning.

Eolan
June 30th, 2008, 05:19 AM
1-2 times. I'm kinda lazy and at this lenght there's only so much I can do.

Duchess of Erat
June 30th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I voted 1-2 times. Usually I put it up in the morning, then I change it only if I go play sports and then later to put it in a braid for relaxing/sleeping. So that's usually 1 or 2 changes (depending on whether or not I exercise). When I'm trying some new updo, I can end up redoing things every few hours.

Islandgrrl
June 30th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Good day, twice. Bad day, I mess with it all day long so that could mean 10 different updos! Fortunately, not that many bad days! :)

paper
June 30th, 2008, 07:06 AM
My hair is at an awkward stage. Not much I can do with it, so I put it up or in a headband and leave it.

lora410
June 30th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I love touching my hair and sometimes I bring it down for a lil scritch, or massage a few times a day then back up it goes ;)

Fencai
June 30th, 2008, 07:12 AM
it all depends on the day! some days Im fidgety and others, Im ok.
I all depends!!

tiny_teesha
June 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
some days i will put it in a plait at night and wear it like that for the next day and night, other days i put it in a style and change it every 2 hours or so because it is falling apart or too tight or just being a pain in the back side!
It depends on how annoying my hair is being really, or if i am going out in public ;)

Belisama
June 30th, 2008, 08:06 AM
On most days, I am a 'throw it up and leave it until I get ready for bed' person. But every once in a while, my head just feels tired and I take out the do to give my head a break. And it always gets braided at night before bed.

harley mama
June 30th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I voted 1-2 because I have been exercising lately and have to put my hair up for that.

spidermom
June 30th, 2008, 09:40 AM
My hair drives me crazy most days. I'll get what feels like a nice, secure up-do, and by the end of two hours it has slip-slided its way into something really uncomfortable. So it's do. And re-do. And re-re-do. And ....

shrimp
June 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Generally 1-2 times. Unless it is being uncooperative. I get grumpy if I have to do more than put it up in the morning then take down and briad for bed. If it's in a braided updo it just gets taken down.

hurricane_gia
June 30th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I voted that I change 1-2 times a day, but I don't really change it so much as I take it down and put it up again, in the same style. This is because I have slippery hair.

Braids are the one 'updo' that stays put from morning to . . . the next morning. But buns I have to refresh mid-day.

KatKeRo
June 30th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I voted the cheese thing.
It depends of with shampoo I wash my hair with. Some shampoos makes my hair to soft to keep the updo's in all day without slipping.
Good day: 2 times, once in the morning and in the evening for my sleepbraid.
Bad day: who knows how many times I have to redo at work. I don't really mind redoing.

bunnii
June 30th, 2008, 11:26 AM
i'm forever playing with my hair and the longer it gets the more it gets messed with :D

Ndnlady
June 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
1-2 times, I put it up in the morning and then braid for bed, sometimes though if I put my hair in a braid I will just wear it to bed that night.

heidihug
June 30th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I voted that I put it up, and it stays up that way until I go to bed. I dasn't [TM my German grandma] take it down unless absolutely necessary, as the more I handle my hair, the more greasy it gets, and I hates greasy. Ack! The longer I can stretch out between washes the better. My hair very rarely falls down - I'm a one-hairstick or bobby-pin up-do kind of girl, which is fortunate.

julya
June 30th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Most of the time I put my hair up in the morning and leave it all day. I'll usually braid it in the evening before bed.

Nightshade
June 30th, 2008, 12:48 PM
1-2 times. Normally I put it up in the morning, the take it down after work for a bit to give my scalp a break, but it's almost always back up or braided before bed.

sipnsun
June 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I constantly mess with mine when it's down, so I try to put it up everyday. I voted 1-2 times, not because I change my style exactly, but I will take it down, rub my scalp for a minute and then put it back up into the same style again.

jivete
June 30th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I'm a horrible hair fiddler so it goes up and down all day. And almost any time I get in the car it gets taken down because I like to put my head against the headrest and the forks/clip, etc get in the way. But I'm trying not to fiddle with it so much since I'm sure that's not good for it.

jenna
June 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
i just put mine up in a ponytail when i get up and it stays like that all day.

Patrycja
June 30th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I start with a really neat do sometimes and then when the peices start falling down and it just starts looking rough,I usually put it up in a cinnabun or ponytail.Sometimes a banded pony if I have enough elastics.

Alley Cat
June 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I put 1-2 times. I put it up to go to take the kids to school and then again to pick them up. :D

MoonCreature
June 30th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I put it up in the morning, change it maybe once during the day, and braid it for the night. So 2-3 times

Magrat
July 1st, 2008, 12:54 AM
I voted 1-2 times.
I don't put it in a bun or braid or whatever every single day (maybe 5 out of 7 days).
When I do have a 'do, it occationally stays the entire day, but more often I either change it or just let it down in the middle of the day or when I come home in the evening.

Pierre
July 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
How about 1/4? :) Sometimes I redo a bun, or go from down to a bun, and usually I take down whatever updo I had before bed and stuff it in a Buff. But I just went four days with the same two braids!

AJoifulNoise
July 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
I put mine up in the morning and it lasts all day. I only consider a style "mastered" if it can last that long. I hate having to worry about redoing my hair during the day.

janaana
July 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
I do tend to keep the same style all day but I find most styles slip down after a while and all the short baby hairs escape and stick out making me look messy so I usually end up taking it down and re-fixing it a couple of times during the day, especially if I have external meetings at work and then I usually make a looser style to sleep in comfortably, so I voted three or four.

Periwinkle
July 5th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I get up in the morning and do something. Sometimes I do a few things before I decide.

I normally redo it at least 3 times. I often change when I get home.

If it's a sticked style, I almost always change.

I normally go back to a pony for at least part of the day.

I can't leave it alone!

vidgrl007
July 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I never really thought of it until this poll but sometimes I do once or sometimes 2- 3 times.

AprilElf
July 6th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the responses guys! Nice to know there's plenty more hair-fiddlers around! ;)

nappywomyn
July 6th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Only once - it's too short to meddle with in the middle of the day, right now. I can't waaaiiiittt til it's long enough for me to become a fiddler, though.

lilalong
July 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
A lot. SOmetimes 10 times per day, I think.
Updos just don't hold very well on me and I redo them every hour.
That's why I usually just wear a messy bun - can be redone in 5 seconds.

Haith
July 7th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I usually put it up to go to work, and then let it loose once I'm home. Some days, though, I have my hands in my hair all day. I just can't help it! Also, my hair is very slippery so its always sliding out of updo's. I have to make it very secure to keep it all day.

Wikky Grrl
July 7th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I voted the max
the hair reflects the mood~
my staff mock because I'm always moving the updo around

Loreyanne_H
July 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I tend to put on a hairstyle in the morning and go out, and when I come home I change hairstyle...so I voted 1-2 times.

Leisha
July 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I redo my hair a lot :lol:

It depends on the style of course (and also on how long it's been since washing my hair etc), but if I'm just wearing a simple cinnamon/turd bun, I probably redo it 5-6 times a day because it slips or the ends fall out etc.

On the other hand, I sometimes leave the same braid in my hair for two days for example.

amberdakota
July 7th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I pretty much brush it and leave it...I brush or comb it several times a day, but that is it...it stays in the same style.

The cheese told me to do it... ;-)

Keiera
July 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'm constantly messing with my hair. Put it in a bun before class, braid it for the ride to class, bun it for class, braid again for ride home, random up down antics for the rest of the day. I'm less likely to mess with it if I have it in a bun and am doing something to occupy my mind. If I'm busy doing something, I won't mess with the hair. If I'm bored, I could have a different do every 5 minutes.

Lexibeth
July 1st, 2009, 03:54 AM
When I leave the house, I have it down...after an hour or so at work, I put it up...when I go to lunch I take it down. I put it back up when I return to work, only to take it down when I head out the door :P

Noctifer
July 1st, 2009, 04:01 AM
Somedays around 3 or 4 times but usully 1 (2 if ypu count the sleep braid)

Monsterkitti
July 1st, 2009, 06:19 AM
I usually pop it up in the morning and then redo it before bed so its right on the top of my head.

I am super lazy when it comes to hair styles, once its up I tend to forget its there :)

Ryanne
July 1st, 2009, 06:25 AM
Around 3 or 4, or more. P.E. is mostly the reason at school.

Armelle
July 1st, 2009, 06:32 AM
All the time...

I hate the feeling of the weight of my hair in one place pulling on my head, so I end up taking it down...then I hate the fact that it's in my face or that it's rubbing on the office chair, so back up it goes.

Nanni
July 1st, 2009, 06:45 AM
I run to catch the train every day, so my hair falls down alot. I have to redo my hair about 3-4 times a day.

SpinDance
July 1st, 2009, 09:58 AM
I'm a fiddler, and one of the reasons I love long hair is that it's fun to play with.

Until I learned to use sticks and forks (thanks to this forum), I would wear it down the day I washed it, then side lace braids into a single braid in the back for work a few days in a row. If I was at home instead of at work I would just made a plain braid down the back. Depending on what else I was doing at home I might redo the plain braid a couple times, just because it felt good to loosen it and play with it. When in the side braids for work it would stay up all day.

Now that I can use forks and sticks I nearly always have it up in some sort of bun. I take it down, comb briefly with fingers and/or horn comb and put it back up several times per day, often in a different bun. I don't want the pressure/tension to always be in the same place on my head, and it's fun to use different toys and buns.

Maybe I'll stop changing so much once it's not so new any more, but I don't expect it! :)

freznow
July 1st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Depends on the day - sometimes I'll go 24 or 48 hours in the same braid. However, it almost always goes up during the day with a flip of a stick, so I imagine that counts as a change in updo? And sometimes it falls down...

I'm going to go with 1-2. It's a rare day that I redo my hair more than once.

lyria
July 1st, 2009, 02:34 PM
For me it depends on the day and the hairdo. Somedays I just wear it with a headband and that's it for the day. Some days I wear it "down" and find myself pulling it back into an eleastic without even thinking about it!

zen_oven
July 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
I voted cheese. :cheese:

I don't really put my hair up much. Probably should, but I just don't feel like it's long enough to do updos I can actually stand.

When it is long enough to wear up more, I'll probably change it once or twice a day. In the past my hair seems to try to escape, so I've often had to redo an updo a couple of times throughout the day.

thankyousir74
July 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM
I change my hair style SO MUCH!! The style I put in the morning will *NEVER* make it to dinner. Even if it's a simple ponytail, I have to take it off and put it back up a couple of times through out the day.... now that I think about it, maybe that's where all the damage is coming from? :/

neon-dream
July 1st, 2009, 04:21 PM
it all depends on the day! some days Im fidgety and others, Im ok.
I all depends!!

Same! I voted 1-2 because it normally stays how I decide to have it, but sometimes I do change just because I can :)

patience
July 1st, 2009, 04:58 PM
I put it up in the morning and take it down at bedtime.

lambhair
July 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM
Usually at least once. If at work, I sometimes have to adjust to help it stay during the day. At home, I usually decide on how I want to style it, then do it (bun, braid, whatever) and let it go for the day.
At night I take it down, smooth it out and braid it for sleeping.
Depends too, on the mood I'm in..if I have braided it, I usually take it out and redo it sometime, just because I don't like the *fuzzy caterpillar* look my braid gets after time.

ReddishRocks
July 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM
It depends on what I'm doing that day... If it's just a normal work day, I'll put it up in the morning, then take it down when I get home. I suppose that counts as 1 change. If I have dance in the evening, I change my 'do to accommodate that, which would make another, right? :D

kwaniesiam
July 1st, 2009, 07:40 PM
It depends for me. Sometimes I'll leave it up all day, others I'll fidget or it will refuse to stay put so I redo it several times.

dulce-de-leche
July 1st, 2009, 09:09 PM
I change alot my head starts to hurt so I give myself scalp massages during the day so I end up having to change my dos ofte

may1em
July 4th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I voted for cheese. Some days I put it up and it stays up until the next morning. Some days I entertain myself by trying out different styles.

Braids, I usually do on purpose and devote time to. They also fuzz out, so I end up redoing them every other hour or so, at least from nape down (French and Dutch braids stay fine for the part on my head - it's the length that turns into a frizzy rope.)

Dementia1013
July 5th, 2009, 12:11 AM
At the very least I'm 1-2 times that's just for whatever updo for the day followed by sleep rolls...

When i'm browsing on here however... oh boy It can easily change 5 times a day. Trying out all the different hairstyles I learn on here. :D

sweet*things
July 5th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Lately I've been up, down, up, down all day long. If it finally gets a little warmer (I should not need to wear a sweater on July 5th!), it will go up into a bun and stay there until fall. ;)

RoseRedDead
July 5th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Typically 1-2 times... I'll take my hair down if I'm, say, reading a book lying on the sofa. On washdays or days when I've got it braided, it tends to be in the 3-4 range... I just can't seem to stop messing with it if it isn't completely up.

darkwaves
July 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM
One to two times for me.

Up in the morning, and it stays like that till I come home from work. Then I might leave it up, or might let it loose till bedtime, when I usually braid or loop it up to limit the sleep knots.

It's a rare day when I'd fix it do more often than that.

JamieLeigh
July 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I have no idea - the cheese has a mind of its own. :cheese:;)

Really, most days I can make it through the day with one hairstyle (which is usually my braided ponytail bun). But there are times when it either falls down, or my needs change (there are certain hairstick styles I can't drive in, due to the tall seat the van has)

windinherhair
July 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM
My hair stays the same all day. I usually take it down at home, after I have been at work. I don't bother to put it back after that unless I am pulling it out of the way to exercise or wash my face.

Quahatundightu
July 11th, 2009, 06:46 AM
It really depends on the day for me so I voted on multiple ones :) I am a pretty chronic hair fiddler if I'm just chilling out at home or bored in class or something... braiding and unbraiding is fun when bored hehe! And some days I will re do it for different multi purpose things - eg up for work, but then need to put it in a more secure braid to play soccer, and then change it again when I get home.

Good question though... I always wondered how people managed to not play with their hair XD

lookingglass
July 11th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I put it up in the a.m., change do's when I exercise (sometimes that's while I'm working out and after as well!), and then when I go to bed.

Rentlle
July 11th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Lol..
that "just-can't-leave-my-hair-alone"-feeling; i have it all the time.. :blush:
I just get bored of my hairdo and redo it in some other after some time .. :lol:

Nyghtingale
July 12th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I average 3-4 times a day usually.

LittleOrca
July 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Usually when I put it up it stays up, but I do sometimes take the hair down and fix it or do a different style.

Chanterelle
July 13th, 2009, 04:00 AM
If combing doesn't qualify as a change, most days I don't change at all as I'm mostly wearing my hair down. Occasionally I put it into a ponytail.

Isa-belle
July 13th, 2009, 04:03 AM
I usually change it once a day. When I'm coming home from work for instance.
Sometimes though my hair just won't behave and I need to redo it several times.
At other times it holds so well that I don't have to think about it at all, and I only remember it when I go to bed. ;)

EvaSimone
July 13th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Most days I mess with my hairdo at least 4+ times. I have issues with the hair pulling in certain spots and it's slippier so it will slip out of an updo easily. I was better when I could use Ficcares but I am allergic to the metal in them and they give me hot spots and I can only wear them for a little while before my scalp starts to burn.

FrozenPrincess
July 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Generally it goes up in a bun for work, then down into a braid to sleep in, then the cycle continues the next day etc.

Vrushali
July 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM
There are days when I tie my hair up in the mornings and it stays put all day and then there are days when I can't seem to leave my hair alone!:rolleyes:

enfys
July 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I said 1-2 and 3-4. Once in the morning, then again at night when I plait it.

3-4 covers those days my hair stick won't sit right, or I find out I will be more active/warm/horizontal/clothes changing than usual and need to swap buns.

GeoJ
July 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I try my best to make my updos sturdy enough to last all day.

Some days it changes, like on days when I go riding I keep it in a braid (coiled around a hairstick until I put my helmet on) then put the braid into my helmet "hairbag" during the ride, and after riding undo my braid, detangle, and bun it for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I have unexpected redos, especially when trying out new hairstyles.

:)

slz
July 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM

mugglemomof3
July 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I have to change the location of my updos every so often or I get horrible headaches. Plus, I just like variety!:D

cobblersmaid
July 14th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Braid in the morning, maybe re-do before bed. I live such an exciting life! ;)

Gumball
July 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
More often than not it goes up in the morning and that's what happens until I'm ready for bed. There are days when I might have to redo that style and usually that's when it's warranted (droops, pulls, needs to be redone to be comfy mostly). Those moments can either be classified as "changing it" or really "maintaining the status quo I started with" since it's just making sure the same thing is there, but pain-free. On other days someone might do something to my hair style-wise, or I might decide to try something else, but I can't lump those up into a specific amount. That makes my choices "goes up and stays up" and "uhh no clue".

mira-chan
July 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Usually I don't change my hairdo until night, unless it's giving me some annoying problems, which it usually doesn't.

eyesofsummer
July 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I voted 1,2,3,4 because it really depends where I am in my wash schedule. I usually have it in a pony tail when I'm in the house, and will change it if I'm 'going anywhere'. I also bun my hair for the gym every day. 2-3 is a typical range, I guess.

Henrietta
August 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
1-2 times. Sometimes I make a quick cinnabun if I have to go out quickly and then, when I have some time, I like to re-do my updo and create something more fancy:)

Othala
August 15th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I ponytail bun my hair whenever I have dirty work to do which is more than 4 times a day. When it is not in a bun it is hanging loose.

missfortune9335
August 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I only do my hair once in the morning and it stays that way until I go to bed. The only exception is if I'm going to a pilates class and my hair is in a style I can't lie down in, then I change it to a french braid before heading off to class.

deko
August 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM
3-4 times.
I drive to work with my sleeping braid, do a some sort of stick bun (I might have to redo my bun one time a day), and when I go back home I wash/comb/whatever and leave it loose.

Crackaleen
August 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM
It depends on the hair do, the state of my hair, and the hair toy. For example a nautilus done with damp hair and held with my wood fork will stay comfortably all day for me. A regular old bun on hair a day or two after washing (which is when it's the most shiny and slippery) using the new metal fork I just got has to be redone constantly (found that out yesterday at work unfortunately). And I have to redo my hair often when it's dirty since my scalp tends to hurt after a while.

MandyBeth
August 16th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Depends. Had 7 in on Sunday, but some days I leave it be.

Phexlyn
August 16th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I put it up in the morning and it stays like that till I go to bed.

If it stays put, that is. If my hair decided to be ultra-slippery of just doesn't behave, I'll have to re-do it once or twice. I might change my hairdo for special occasions as well, but usually I stick to what I did in the morning.

poloandpearls
August 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Hahaha finoriel! Your avatar is priceless! You should wear your hair like that all the time & hobble around on your haunches XD

poloandpearls
August 17th, 2010, 10:35 AM
My hair is at an awkward stage. Not much I can do with it, so I put it up or in a headband and leave it.

Aww, paper, I'm frequently jealous of your hair length because you can do perfect french rolls & mine's too long for that!

XcaliburGirl
August 17th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Generally, I put it up after my shower, then take it down either after dinner if it's bugging me or before bed.

Sometimes I do get fidgety or get a head ache, so I'll switch to another 'do.

Prettyeyes23
August 17th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I put my hair up in the morning, and that is usually how it stays for the day. The odd time I'll change it depending on what sport I may have in the evening and if my hair needs to be hockey or baseball helmet friendly.

Juneii
August 17th, 2010, 01:13 PM
EEEK! I am not entirely sure, some days I change it a lot, other days I just keep it up and don't bother until I go to bed

LunarAurora
August 17th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I redo my hairdo once a day I think, when my bun gets frizzy for example.
Sometimes I don't touch it until it is time to go to bed.

Kelli Kat
August 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Normally I put it up in the morning and it stays that way until its almost bed time, then I take that down, put it up for my bath and then its down for bed.

Kibitzer
August 23rd, 2010, 11:41 PM
Once my hair is up I'm done. I Don't touch it again until bed time. I've learned the second time I try and redo it's rarely good

christine1989
August 24th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I take it down, put it up, take it down......

saippuakuplia
August 24th, 2010, 12:32 AM
It depends on the day. Sometimes I just put it up in the morning and make a braid in the night. But sometimes I just can't let it be and change the updo all the time. And if I'm going to drive a car for example I always wear it down or make braid, because I can't lean to seat with updo. And When I get out of the car I make an another bun...

pookatrina
August 24th, 2010, 07:38 AM
On a good day 0, it stays in the bun/braid I went to bed it. On a bad day 3, once after I have my tea & am properly awake, once in the afternoon & once before bed.

Cheeks1206
August 24th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Usually I put it up in the morning and it stays that way all day. On occasion I might redo it once, maybe twice if it is really bugging me.

naples
August 26th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I put 3 or 4 since I usually just have it in a ponytail and have to fix it every so often, but i dont redo it to often.

charalito
September 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Three or four times... Fix it up in the morning, then refix if I take an afternoon nap and it gets messy (yes, I have the luxury of post lunch naps!!). In the evening a braid for the gym/pool and then a sleeping bun.

ArienEllariel
September 2nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
I find that I change my hairstyle once or twice a day, sometimes more. For whatever reason, it starts to bother me and irritate my scalp sometimes with my hair being in a particular position all day long. That probably stems from the fact that I have two cowlicks on either side of my crown... my scalp is weirdly sensitive in those spots.

beez1717
September 2nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
I tend to put my hair in one style and it stays that way for most of the day, unless I have to redo it. That only happens if too much hair falls out of my ponytail. Oh well. I should start using bobby pins.

kittensoupnrice
September 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
If it's falling out type style, I'll readjust it several times during the day. If it's a "just to look nice 'do", I'll usually take it out when I get home to put into something more comfortable like a lazy wrap.

Viechen
September 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
I am super fidgety and touch, play put it up, take it down all the time... Haha, some of my friends start to fidget just by looking at me :p I think my main problem is that I have not found anything yet that is comfortable enough to leave in all day without touching it...

flowerlovelong
September 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
I like a good solid updo that holds all day without redoing, so I voted once. If I wear a french twist or pony it gets done 1-2 times but I just mostly do buns that stay till nighttime.

PrincessBob
September 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Depending on the style. If I.haven't tried it before, or if it it pretty high, that means more readjustment than,say, pig tailed braids.

lajsa
September 2nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
It annoys me, but I absolutely HAVE to change it/redo it if it isn't perfect. If my bun gets saggy after a while, I get annoyed and redo it. In school when I'm bored, I often undo it and redo it again... with various results. But... at least I'm practicing on leaving it alone more :p

JenniferNoel
September 5th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Lately I haven't been changing it at all throughout the days.
During a more active lifestyle sometimes I'll change it twice per day, just to spice things up going from place to place and outfit to outfit.

Pacific
September 6th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I'm doing my hair in the morning and so it stays till I go to bed.

Mirsha
September 6th, 2010, 08:20 AM
3/4 times a day.. I like to play with it if I'm bored but I'm learning not to.. people really find it awkward finding long hairs in places where I've been (college especially).

Long_hair_guy
September 6th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Discounting the days were I see a hairstyle online and want to copy it (or make it my own). I normally have one hairdo from morning to night.

TeddyK
September 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM
A lot. but just redos mostly. ANd thinking about it now its kind of funny. When my hair just got long enough to pull back i just did it and left it even when it sucked or started going everywhere. But now thats is long and will stay and looks good I feel the need to redo it all the time. Must just like playing with it i guess.

sunrain
September 10th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I only change my hairdo when it needs changing. If it's falling or pulling, I fix/change/redo it. If my hair is in the way, I usually braid it and/or put it up. With stick buns, I normally have to change/redo them anywhere from 1 to 4 times a day because they don't stay put more than a few hours unless I use pins. Braided buns and braids don't usually need much fiddling. Of course, I'm not counting the days where I'm experimenting and trying new styles!

Floh
September 5th, 2016, 07:51 AM
I think I do it mostly 2-3 times

TatsuOni
September 6th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Mostly 1-2 times. I bun it in the morning and braid it in the evening/afternoon. Sometimes I leave my french braids in for 2-3 days and sometimes I have the same braid for about two days even though most hair has by then escaped.

lapushka
September 6th, 2016, 02:47 PM
It gets put up when I get up, and stays that way until it's taken down at night. Since getting to BSL, I never redo my updos.

matentur
September 7th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Voted 3 to 4. Probably a combination of my relatively short length so my styles are not as solid and also that long hair is still new to me and I like to fiddle with it.

Goatcraft
February 2nd, 2018, 07:29 AM
When I first started growing my hair, I couldn't leave it alone.
As soon as it hit waist length, I became obsessed.
Hair sticks, different braids and different buns.
All sorts of styles!

But now I rarely touch my hair. I think I overdid it back then, and now I find it tiring.
I usually just put it in a braid or bun in the morning (sometimes letting it down), and then a braid or bun for bed.

Dendra
February 2nd, 2018, 10:27 AM
My hair/hair fork tends to slip during the day so I voted 3-4 times. On good days I'll only have to rearrange once. I'm still new to forks, my hair is slippery and it's only BSL so I think that's why.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 2nd, 2018, 10:32 AM
Mine goes up in the morning and remains untouched until the next morning when it is detangled and rebunned for the next day. I don't like a lot of messing around with my hair.

Rustam
February 2nd, 2018, 01:46 PM
I don't really change my hairstyle. I'll just redo the same one if it is really coming loose, but I try pretty hard to prevent that from happening.

JennGalt
February 3rd, 2018, 03:23 PM
At least twice; often I lose count. My curls are prone to misbehavior.

embee
February 8th, 2018, 04:26 PM
I put it up in the morning and it stays that way till bedtime. Unless I get tempted by some new updo I see here on LHC. :)

Suze
February 8th, 2018, 05:07 PM
When I wake up I put my diagonal french sleeping braid up with a large U pin. Then, after breakfast I brush it and put it up. Don't really mess with my hair again unless my style isn't suited for working out or trampoline jumping and then I will redo it. Before bed I braid it again. So it depends. 1-2 to 3-4 times.

vampyyri
February 8th, 2018, 06:59 PM
I can wear the same hairdo for a few days in a row (braided nautilus) it's super protective... sometimes I redo the braid and bun if it gets too frizzed up.

wannabe-rusalka
February 8th, 2018, 07:49 PM
My hair is very fine and shreds in braids and just generally tries to escape everything (and succeeds)

Groovy Granny
February 8th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Usually just once; twice if the weather...or my activity changes.

Henrietta
February 10th, 2018, 04:51 AM
I see I've voted 1-2 times... I wonder when that was ;) It hasn't changed much though. I put my hair up in the morning and it either stays in the updo till I take it down to go to bed or when I come home from work I switch the updo to a loose, soft bun held with claw clips.

njrb
May 19th, 2018, 04:52 PM
This varies. With waist length hair I generally might fix a bun once or twice during the day and usually a braid would last all day, maybe get redone once. With APL hair it has gone up some because ponytails inevitably come loose.

Glitch
May 20th, 2018, 12:44 AM
It used to be never (always had it down) but lately I've been experimenting a lot more. Plus, my hair is slippery and doesn't stay put, so it ends up with me changing it up around 2-4 times a day.

ravenskey
May 20th, 2018, 03:39 AM
I do my hair in the morning, leave it all day, go to bed with it and then redo it the next morning unless it's in a bun then I take it out as soon as I can and braid it.

Hairkay
May 20th, 2018, 04:16 AM
I tend to style hair once a week and leave it at that. When I was a teen to twenties I'd style hair more than once a day. Looking back it seems as if that was too much manipulation for my hair since it would break off at bsl keeping my hair the same length for years.

AmaryllisRed
May 22nd, 2018, 09:32 PM
Oh my goodness.
SO MANY TIMES.
So when I get up in the morning, I do something to contain it. Usually a side braid or a high knot bun since I can do that without tools.
After breakfast, I style it for the day.
Throughout the day, I will re-bun or re-braid if it's pulling or falling or gets messy or I'm just bored.
And then usually I take it down in the evening before bed, and then braid or bun it for bed.
So... 5-8?
Haha yeah it's a lot. Very, very rarely will I leave a style up all day, but even then, I still have the first morning style and then the before bed down time and the sleep style, so it's a minimum of 4 and that almost never happens.

Beyond_Midnight
May 24th, 2018, 02:31 PM
When my hair was long I’d change it multiple times a day. I style it initially. Once my hair was dry I’d fix it again. Then throughout the day my hair on my shoulders would bug me so I would put it in a braid/pony/buns or twirl it multiple times.

darren
June 19th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Too many. Depends on the day and what I'm doing a bit. But I generally put it up and then take it down a few times everyday. It's worse when i have class as I tend to play with it a bunch.

deeisme
June 19th, 2018, 11:49 PM
It depends on the day but most often I put it up for the day and then braid it at night for bed.

irodaryne
June 20th, 2018, 02:20 AM
It really depends on the day. Usually it gets done up once and stays that way till the end of the day (not counting having to redo a bun that's gotten loose. I don't consider that "changing" it, though. Just fixing it). Except on bad hair days. Those are the days I get angry at my bun not cooporating and just throw it into a braid.

Savvyhorsez
June 20th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Unless my hair decides that it doesn't want to stay up in a wrap bun which is unusual, it's the same all day.

Cayy
June 20th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Once hopefully; if I have to fix it during my day I get really annoyed really fast :p

hellomimi
July 4th, 2018, 10:58 AM
When I do braids once in the morning and once at night but if I do bun with a stick my hair tends to fall a couple of times during the day because it is not quite long enough yet... the struggle :rolleyes:

paiged
July 25th, 2018, 09:20 PM
Most days, it stays the same all day. Sometimes when I wear it down, though, I'll put it up in a LWB when I get home from work/school.

Purpleaggie05
July 25th, 2018, 09:33 PM
I shower at night, so it will go up at night for the shower (or down if it's wash day). My hair is just starting to get long enough to worry about it at bedtime, so I'll put it in braids or bun at night. In the morning, I'll do something with it and usually don't touch it during the day, unless I'm wearing it down that day. So I guess that's at least 2 times a day.

Peppergirl
July 26th, 2018, 05:18 AM
Sometimes when I get to work and look in the mirror I say "what was I thinking"? So I change it. What is hilarious though, is that sometimes I used to get to work and even wash my hair, lol!

Red.
July 26th, 2018, 10:05 PM
More than four a lot of days. I’m so impressed with the people that can put it up once and forget about it.

Konfitura
July 27th, 2018, 03:42 AM
I braid and bun my hair in the morning and let it stay that untill I go to sleep :D

Margrit
September 19th, 2018, 09:47 AM
1-2 times, I love to change for dinner.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 09:45 AM
It depends on how well it stays put.

ailish
January 7th, 2023, 05:02 PM
Braids: I'll keep them in for 3 days if I can!
Plaits: Will redo in the morning and evening
Ponytail: Usually manage to maintain all day unless I'm using a bad scrunchie, and will then plait in evening to wear to bed

lapis_lazuli
January 8th, 2023, 11:01 AM
Usually zero: I'll do it up in the morning and wear the same bun to bed. If I'm not going anywhere, I sometimes keep the same bun for an entire weekend.

ArienEllariel
January 8th, 2023, 11:21 AM
I usually change my hairstyle once, maybe twice (assuming it's pulling or something). Or if I'm having trouble deciding on what I want I may put up and take down something several times until I'm satisfied.

Fiorentina
January 9th, 2023, 08:07 AM
I do so 1-2 times per Day

Bri-Chan
January 9th, 2023, 09:49 AM
I voted 3-4, but I don't change hairdo, I undo it and redo it few times during the day, updoes give me headaches.
If my hair is braided, then I can go the whole day but braids tangle my hair a lot.

Sleepy_Bookwyrm
January 9th, 2023, 02:03 PM
I usually put my hair up once in the morning so it stays out of my face, and then take it down and put it into one braid (or two braids depending on how I feel) before I go to sleep. I usually don't have to redo the style from the morning so I only change it once or twice a day.

mochichichi
January 9th, 2023, 02:08 PM
I put my hair in a bun in the morning and don't touch it the rest of the day. Usually my scalp is pretty tired and I like to let it down, so sometimes, I'll do that and give myself a bit of a scalp massage. Then I loosely bun for shower and plop my satin bonnet on top of the bun with no fork/clip so it kind of unwinds in there.

Braided Lady
January 9th, 2023, 02:39 PM
It depends on the hairstyle and my mood. If it's in a bun (which is frequent) I will often take down and put back up multiple times a day, more than four even, even if it's not falling down. Sometimes my head is itchy under the bun, or the bun is too heavy. If I do a normal English braid, it stays in all day, unless I want to play with it, in which case it will go up and down till I'm happy, and then only stay till I get bored of it. If it's not in an English braid by the end of the day, I will redo it to be one at night

yeshuasdaughter
January 22nd, 2023, 02:04 AM
If I'm doing chores, I often put my hair up in a messy bun, but otherwise, it's hanging loose, or in a headband.

Stagecoach
January 22nd, 2023, 02:49 PM
I redo my hair about once a day, but generally just re-securing as my hair slips out of styles easily

mermaid lullaby
February 1st, 2023, 12:48 PM
I change my hairstyle 2 times a day

rozzi80
March 6th, 2023, 03:58 AM
If my hair does what it is supposed to do, it only gets done in the morning, then taken down and braided for bed. I hate days where it is uncomfortable or unbalanced and I have to mess with it at work.

AbbyJo
March 12th, 2023, 12:22 AM
It depends. If I'm out of the house all day working, I tend to leave it up. If I'm at home or decide to wear it down, I adjust it whenever it's uncomfortable (hairclip on car headrest, hair itching my neck, etc.) I really do tend to mess with it more if it isn't up.