PDA

View Full Version : Imagining future styles based on length predictions

buttercupmcgee
September 5th, 2011, 08:04 PM
This is my favorite way to pass the grow-out months (or years) and I wonder if anyone else does this:

I'll imagine something far off, like a wedding next summer and then calculate how long my hair will be and start planning how I'll wear it. Sometimes I'll even go so far as to plan the outfit around the hair, and then keep my eyes peeled for something like it in the stores!

It really helps make my current collar-bone length more bearable when I think of tangible examples of future length/styles.

dRummie
September 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't measured my growth rate, so no predicting for me, but I do imagine the styles I'll be able to do when my hair is at certain lengths. Next summer, when my hair will be somewhere between BSL and waist, will be a summer of fancy funs and real flowers <3

racrane
September 5th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I do the same thing. Oh, I can have a nice braid by then! :D

Audhumla
September 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I always wonder how my hair will be in France (I'm spending 2013 there by myself). I often picture myself strolling around Poitiers (the place in France that I'll be staying) and being fluent in french and I think longer hair has gradually become a strong part of that mental picture. My hair should be about BSL by the end of 2012 and while I'm away I'm hoping it'll reach waist length. I always wonder what my family will think when they haven't seen me for a year and I come back with waist length hair and a french accent :p

Impulsive
September 6th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I do like to imagine styles I'll be able to do in the future with longer hair, but I mostly just imagine what the styles I can already do will look like a few years from now. I can't wait to have a braid that goes all the way down my back and hangs past the top of my jeans. And I really hope it happens in time for my high school reunion...

celebriangel
September 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Oh, I do this too I think: by this time next year I should be past waist, heading to hip, and I should hopefully be able to do a nautilus bun, a bunned french braid, and a few others.

I can't wait. One of the great draws of long hair, for me, is the huge variety of styles that are possible. I love doing things with braided headbands and accent braids. I want to be able to do all the styles that Torrin Paige shows in her videos! But I think I'll have to wait until about BCL till that's true.