PDA

View Full Version : do you ever go fantasy shopping?

archel
September 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I have $112 worth of hair stuff in my shopping cart on Amazon.com.

NO, I'm not hitting "confirm order." *LOL* This is my little fantasy shopping game...I do this on Sephora.com too...LOL

GabrielleRose
September 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I have $112 worth of hair stuff in my shopping cart on Amazon.com.

NO, I'm not hitting "confirm order." *LOL* This is my little fantasy shopping game...I do this on Sephora.com too...LOL

I do this too! I did this on the Chagrin Valley a while back, but their bars just didn't work out for me so there went that fantasy shopping cart lol! So, do tell what was in your fantasy shopping cart. That is if you don't mind me asking.

luxepiggy
September 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Oh yes, I've got a whole folder on my computer devoted to HG items (^(oo)^)v

AceOfCurls
September 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Yup, I also have a fantasy shopping cart. My amazon wish list has about $200 worth of my fantasy shopping. Then I have other lists as well for other stores. I can't wait to start my job so I can actually buy these things.

archel
September 5th, 2011, 07:10 PM
GabrielleRose, it's all stuff I really want LOL - a Kent beech wood BBB, a Kent small round beech wood BBB (for my bangs/fringe), a Kent rat tail comb, a Mason Pearson rake comb, and a Swissco wooden pin beech wood brush (notice how all the brushes have beech handles LOL!)

Oh man...I can't wait to get caught up on bills...

gretchen_hair
September 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah, my Amazon cart is always loaded! lol, mostly with tea and tea items, hehe. After a while I move them to the *save for later*, I have so many items I have forgotten what I stashed in there and every time I log in I see that 3 or 4 items have either lowered in price or raised in price.

I always fantasy shop at Holy Clothing too, :D and I watch a lot of stuff at ebay.

AceOfCurls
September 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM
The teas aren't 'The Republic Teas' by any chance? Those ones are expensive, but I would like to try them, so they are also in my amazon wish list/fantasy cart. I love tea. :)

archel
September 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Well, now I know what my Fantasy Hair Order would cost, *giggle* - and knowing me I will wind up with all of it eventually, just not for a while and probably one piece at a time. :)

Audhumla
September 5th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I am so guilty of this. My carts at amazon and etsy are usually full of a few hundred dollars worth of stuff. I think pretending to buy things does actually help me not go on crazy shopping sprees though.

archel
September 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I know it does in my case! For one thing it helps me compare with other places including different shipping rates and all that. For example, the Kent brushes I want are about $20 more from their website (since they're UK and I'm in the US, I guess).

gretchen_hair
September 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM
No, it's Coffee Bean Direct, they have coffee and tea in bulk and it's inexpensive and good too!

Some teas are 4 pounds for under $30 and they have free shipping with a $25 purchase. :D

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_grocery?_encoding=UTF8&node=16310101&field-brandtextbin=Coffee%20Bean%20Direct

The teas aren't 'The Republic Teas' by any chance? Those ones are expensive, but I would like to try them, so they are also in my amazon wish list/fantasy cart. I love tea. :)

archel
September 5th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Ok, I don't need to know about anything called "coffee bean direct!" O_O

gretchen_hair
September 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM
hahaha, it IS delicious! :eyebrows:

Ok, I don't need to know about anything called "coffee bean direct!" O_O

ccmso12
September 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I do the same thing . . .but with clothes for my DD2 . . .I fill my cart at the expensive online stores in a SZ 5 like shes getting ready for school LOL---my DD10 is no fun to shop for.

invisiblebabe
September 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Yes, I do this! :) It's a fun game!

Chetanlaiho
September 6th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Oh definitely, you know that ad you see on here about shea butter and stuff? I've had that in my cart several times among with other yummy sounding things like mango butter xD Same goes for camellia oil, silk pillowcases, proper hairscissors, nice hairsticks/forks/toys and all the great things I can't find locally xD

wvgemini
September 6th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Oh yeah! Cosmetics, clothes, all sorts of stuff! It's kind of like window(s) shopping :D

GRU
September 6th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Between adding things to my wishlist and putting things in my cart, I'd be bankrupt twenty times over if I actually got everything!

One of my "tricks" I do to myself is that I go ahead and load up my cart with things like oils and butters and/or other good stuff, then I go browse somewhere else (LHC). By the end of the day I've forgotten all about the cool stuff I was going to get, and my cart ends up getting cleared before I get back to that site.

I don't do this on etsy, though, b/c I don't know for sure that it doesn't mess with the seller's inventory (showing something "sold" so that it's not available to someone else?). It's probably programmed that it doesn't go off the market until it's been paid for, but just in case, I just settle for "favoriting" things on etsy.

Curly Hermione
September 6th, 2011, 06:28 AM
This is definitely me. Fantasy shopping is a big passtime of mine! I have a huge Amazon wishlist, something to aspire to I guess.

CastaDiva
September 6th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Yes, I go fantasy shopping sometimes. Glad to see that I`m not the only one:)

Rusticular
September 6th, 2011, 06:55 AM
All the time! My Omega Order cart is always full with a ridiculous amount of albums I know I'll never be able to afford. Well. Y'know, not all at once. xD

GRU
September 6th, 2011, 07:14 AM
I always fantasy shop at Holy Clothing too, :D and I watch a lot of stuff at ebay.

I got a dress from them a few years ago and it is SO comfy!!!!

And yes, "watching" stuff on ebay helps too... I get that reminder email shortly before the auction ends, and by then the price has been increased so much that I'm no longer interested! :D

gretchen_hair
September 6th, 2011, 07:24 AM
hehe, that's kind of my defense mechanism for spending too. That *99 cent bid* ends up at $70 and I quickly delete it from my watch list.

I got a dress from them a few years ago and it is SO comfy!!!!

And yes, "watching" stuff on ebay helps too... I get that reminder email shortly before the auction ends, and by then the price has been increased so much that I'm no longer interested! :D

GRU
September 6th, 2011, 07:28 AM
hehe, that's kind of my defense mechanism for spending too. That *99 cent bid* ends up at $70 and I quickly delete it from my watch list.

Great minds think alike! ;)