PDA

View Full Version : My first oiling

lechatn0ir
September 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm doing my first oiling right now :D hehe

I'm using extra virgin olive oil that i bought today since i couldn't find coconut oil and i was just wondering is any brand of EVOO good? Because i bought the target brand since it came in a plastic bottle instead of a glass one which i think is handier. And is every EVOO coldpressed? I'm new to oiling so thanks for helping me :D

rowie
September 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
It really depends on your hair regime. If you are practicing Water Only (WO) or no poo hair regime, then olive oil would not be recommended since it is not easily removed. Extra Virgin Coconut oil I think is a lot more universal, and there is so many things you can do with it. There are so many threads within this community on coconut oil. You can find both coconut oil and EVOO at Amazon (if you live in a secluded area, this would be the best alternative), and you can check the reviews on many brands that you see.

However, if you use shampoo and conditioner, then EVOO is a wonderful thing. Again, everyone has different hair so I would recommend you try a variety until you find one that works for your own type of hair. I usually tend to look for brands that state that they are naturally organic. I usually am careful and would google the brand to further see if they are really organic or FDA approved. Good luck on your quest for healthy hair!

lechatn0ir
September 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM
ahh thanks! i hope the target brand is good xD i'm gonna buy some grapeseed oil too :D