PDA

View Full Version : Squiggyflop's 4 year anniversary

squiggyflop
September 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
]in the past 4 YEARS ive trimmed 29 inches.. keep that in mind when you see that i havent made much progress. went from tailbone to classic this year.. well i think its solid classic, you may disagree.

well during my first year i made it from shoulder (not yet apl) to waist with 4-5 inches trimmed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/th_year1hair.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/?action=view&current=year1hair.jpg)
^^^picture clickable
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
year 2.. 8 inches trimmed that year.. went from waist to hip
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/th_hairyear2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/?action=view&current=hairyear2.jpg)
picture is clickable because its too darn big
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
december 2009
yet another 4 inches trimmed.. i just cant keep up with the damage.. it is only a little bit longer.. you cant see the growth as well because of my lovely braidwaves.. ahhh its nice to have it wavy all the way up but it sure eats up length.. oh and my head is tipped down a bit but whatever.. atleast i got the picture up right?
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/1205091613a.jpg
look at how much faster my underside grows than my canopy.. this pic is a good example of that.. anyway my hair is inching closer to tailbone in this one..
and june 2010.. wondering why the gap? well i didnt have access to a camera.. 4 more inches trimmed since the last pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/june21st2010.jpg
not a lot of visible growth but i have trimmed quite a bit.. oh and please excuse the brushed out braid waves.. i know.. i know.. i shouldnt brush them out because it makes the hair frizzy.. but i hate even one little knot in my hair.. so enjoy staring at my frizzy messy hair..
frizzy heads unite!

july 2010
just at tailbone
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/july3rdhairprogress.jpg
and now for august 2010.
obviously bad lighting as the shine is not visible.. also my camera seems to pick up the henna red better if there are green leaves in the background for some reason making it look uber bright.. please ignore the flippy bits at the bottom.. i swear my hemline isnt that weird when its wet
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/august4th2010lengthshot.jpg

so no real growth this year (only hip to tailbone) in my third year.. which is sad..

may 5th 2011
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/mayfifth2011length4crop.jpg

and now *drum-roll*
september 2011 (yes i realize i am 2 weeks late with this anniversary, what can i say, i was busy)
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/september5th2011hairlength.jpg
the hair is frizzy and im totally in my pajamas.. but whatever right?.. at least i got the picture up..
i trimmed 8 inches this year. seems like im always trimming 8 inches.. so not much progress..

so, shoulder to classic in 4 years with 29 inches trimmed.

LouLaLa
September 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Wow! Great locks! Wonderful progress. :flower:

Kyla
September 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Wow...your hair is so, so gorgeous.

PurusNox
September 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Wow, why can't my hair grow as fast as yours!! :D Amazing progress!!

spidermom
September 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Looked good at solid classic length, SF! I never count the inches that I've trimmed; never will.

Aerin
September 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
This gives me hope that I can actually grow my hair relatively long before I crack and cut it. Very pretty!

Merewen
September 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
You have some very beautiful hair. Congratulations!

wvgemini
September 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
:thud: Holy fast growth! Your hair is so so beautiful!

oktobergoud
September 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Really really pretty... I also love your colour :D

ericthegreat
September 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Congratulations on your fourth anniversary. :cheer: I love the particular shade of red that you achieved with the henna you used over the years, its very vibrant.

prosperina
September 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Wonderful and gorgeous. I love your hair! :flower:

pixiedust
September 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Ahhhh! Beautiful enviable amazing hair (: happy four years of fantastic hair care, id say it was certainly worth it!

kielrain
September 5th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Amazing hair. great colour. Wow.

Cowgirl16
September 5th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Solidly at classic :cheese:

SoulOfTheSea
September 5th, 2011, 02:42 PM
You have beauuuuuuutiful hair! :) Love love love the color, and your waves! :flower:

CornishMaid
September 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Wow, beautiful! Your hair is gorgeous. Am very jealous :D

mrs_coffee
September 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Your growth rate never ceases to amaze me. Gorgeous hair, squiggy.

arc691
September 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20More%20Smilies/05.gif

Wow, your hair is so lovely! And what awesome thickness, all the way down!
Congratulations on your 4th anniversary!

dulce
September 5th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Gorgeous hair!! Hope mine can grow as well as yours has,you have such nice thick LONG[my dream length!] hair!

theodora
September 5th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Your hair looks absolutely amazing at this length, so thick and healthy! One can only wish to get such amazing growth and quality of hair in four years. I think the trimming you did definitely helped the overall look of health of your hair, so nothing to regret about how much of your growth was lost in trimming.

pixiestar
September 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Wow gorgeous hair:D
Amazing growth.

GettingThere
September 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Wow, that is some great growth. Your hair is very healthy looking and a breathtaking color! Congrats:)

hippiechick1976
September 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
does you hair grow like grass? what fertilizer have you been using??? Great and progress:)

Carrie Ingalls
September 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Congratulations on the growth and anniversary! Your hair is beautiful and you have an incredible growth rate! Heres to much more hair happiness through the years! :cheese:

Rocket22
September 5th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Wow you trim more than I grow? how is that possible :) great hair and fantastic progress

vanity_acefake
September 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Your hair is stunning. Always is.
Congratulations on your patience and growth.
:)

mallorykay13
September 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
You are one of my hair idols. I watch and re watch your youtube videos all the time on youtube. You brought me to LHC. Thank you so much

Xi
September 5th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Congratulations, Squiggyflop! Your hair is looking awesome! :toast:

Demetrue
September 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Wow!! Amazing miraculous growth rate! I just celebrated my 4th anniversary and so far my hair has only grown from chin length, to shoulder, with maybe 2 or 3 trims a year!

Sunshineliz
September 5th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Wow. Very pretty. And it grows so fast!

skraprchik
September 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Beautiful hair! Congratulations on your fourth anniversary.

ScarlettAdelle
September 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Shoulder to classic is HUGE!

Your hair looks lovely!

Ryanne
September 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Happy Anniversary! :D Your progress is amazing.

Columbia River
September 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM
being oh so new here, you are so inspiring...wow, just wow! When I "grow out", I want to be just like you! ;)

Catlover
September 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Amazing beautiful - your growth is amazing - and the shade of henna wow :)

Impulsive
September 6th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Your hair is beautiful! Congratulations on your 4th anniversary and may you have many more years of happy growth!

alyanna
September 6th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Love your progress pics and the way you've organized them. What a nice way to display and share your hair journey. You've inspired me to be more diligent about my picture-taking ;)

Congratulations on some gorgeous hair!

Lucky
September 6th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Wow! Beautiful hair and great growing even with 29 inches trimmed! So inspirational!! :)

Ishje
September 6th, 2011, 01:50 AM
wonderful progress, I slightly envy your thick and healthy ends ;)
your hair is gorgeous!

Dragon
September 6th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Amazing progress, Looks great :) Happy 4th year anniversary.

IcarusBride
September 6th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Your growth is incredible! I grow right around 6 inches a year and end up trimming at least 2 of that off...

Congrats on 4 years here, and here's to 4 more years and beyond!

pepperminttea
September 6th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Your growth with the trims is just... holy cow. :agape:

Teufelchen
September 6th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Your progress is really an inspiration :flower:

Lisa R
September 6th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Wow! That is amazing growth and thickness:) Congratulations Squiggyflop!

squiggyflop
September 6th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Looked good at solid classic length, SF! I never count the inches that I've trimmed; never will.
lol if i dont count the inches i end up chopping more than i grow.. if i can say *no i have already trimmed too much, i will wait a while longer* then i end up with more growth..

Congratulations on your fourth anniversary. :cheer: I love the particular shade of red that you achieved with the henna you used over the years, its very vibrant.
thanks, i only do the roots.. the ends are the henna from a few years ago.

Your hair looks absolutely amazing at this length, so thick and healthy! One can only wish to get such amazing growth and quality of hair in four years. I think the trimming you did definitely helped the overall look of health of your hair, so nothing to regret about how much of your growth was lost in trimming.
i do hope the trimming helped.. but sometimes when i think about how quickly i could have been a long hair, it bothers me.. but i cannot stand not trimming my hair.. it gets too tangly if i dont..

does you hair grow like grass? what fertilizer have you been using??? Great and progress:)
well in the beginning i was using some vitamins,, but mostly now i just have good hair genetics and a very large amount of protein in my diet..

Wow you trim more than I grow? how is that possible :) great hair and fantastic progress
its possible with genetics.. i just have a naturally fast growth rate..

You are one of my hair idols. I watch and re watch your youtube videos all the time on youtube. You brought me to LHC. Thank you so much
oh yeah, i vaguely remember sending you a message with a bunch of links a while back.

Wow!! Amazing miraculous growth rate! I just celebrated my 4th anniversary and so far my hair has only grown from chin length, to shoulder, with maybe 2 or 3 trims a year!
lol, if it makes you feel better, the year before i came here my hair was stuck at shoulder for the whole year..

Amazing beautiful - your growth is amazing - and the shade of henna wow :)
its dulhan deluxe henna, very finely ground, very inexpensive. maybe a dollar to do my roots.

Love your progress pics and the way you've organized them. What a nice way to display and share your hair journey. You've inspired me to be more diligent about my picture-taking ;)

Congratulations on some gorgeous hair!
lol yeah i started doing these threads right in the beginning.. i was really bad at measuring so i took pictures instead.. at some point they wouldnt let me put all the pictures into the thread (only allowed like 10 pics per thread post), so i had to take all the pictures from the year and condense them into one picture

lapushka
September 6th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Yay! :cheer:

Congratulations on making it to classic length, Squiggyflop!

Roscata
September 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Happy anniversary! :D

teal
September 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Happy quaterniversary! ;)

I admire your hair. Thanks for the pics!

janeytilllie
September 6th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Happy anniversary :flower: You have very beautiful hair :)

utdesertrunner
September 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Your hair growth is so inspirational! I can't imagine trimming 29 inches and still making it from shoulder to classic in that time. You trimmed off more than most of us can grow :) I love your henna color too! Thanks for sharing!

ButterCream
September 6th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Your hair growth is so inspirational! I can't imagine trimming 29 inches and still making it from shoulder to classic in that time. You trimmed off more than most of us can grow :) I love your henna color too! Thanks for sharing!

WSS!!!:cheer:

sibylla
September 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Lovely progress!I live your hair:)I tend to microtrim all the time.I wonder how much I´ve chopped off?...Congrats to you!

pennyroyal
September 6th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I have always loved your hair & congrats on hitting classic! It looks gorgeous!

tinti
September 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Wow, you have an incredible growth rate!!! And your hair is really gorgeus, love the color :) Congrats on your hairniversary, may the genes and proteins bless you with just as good growth the next years.

serious
September 6th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aqua Gal
September 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love the henna.

Lunnafindel
September 6th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Wow that's so cool to see your progress. Your hair is beautiful, and it just gets better with time!

lindaton
September 6th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Your hair is so pretty and healthy. When mine was shorter it seems I was always cutting off more than I do now. Once it got past classic this time I tend to just do 1-2" trims. You have a youtube channel? I will have to check it out.

jamesw
September 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Fab progress!

Gumball
September 6th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Happy anniversary, squiggy! Your hair continues to look great! You've done a wonderful job with it. It has a really lovely color, too. Kudos! :D

CariadA
September 6th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Happy anniversary!

You have beautiful hair!

alexandros22
September 7th, 2011, 04:53 AM
your hair grows really fast!!

Jenn of Pence
September 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks for sharing, Squiggy. :) Your hair is lovely!

MrsGuther
September 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! :) Nice progress pics btw.

leslissocool
September 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
YAY!!! That's excellent progress! Congrats!!!

DonyaleM
September 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Awesome progress! I think you did great for having trimmed so much! Your hair definitely looks healthy!

Medievalmaniac
September 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Gorgeous, Squiggy! I'm so excited for you and your wonderful hair! Happy anniversary!

Noreth
September 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
so, shoulder to classic in 4 years with 29 inches trimmed.
If I baby the heck out of my hair and it decides to be reeeeeally generous, I just might be at classic in 4 years.
When stretched.
Without trims.
Amazing growth and wonderful color!! :thud:

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM
The fact that you can trim 8 inches a year and still get visible growth is amazing seeing how average growth is only 6 inches a year! I think your hair is gorgeous and now I'm envious because of the speed by which it grows. :)

Congratulations on your 4 year anniversary!

Tapioca
September 14th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Yay Squiggy!

wooliswonderful
September 14th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is gorgeous. :)

jessie58
September 15th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Holy moly your hair is gorgeous Squiggy! :bowtome:

free_hug
September 15th, 2011, 01:32 PM
well during my first year i made it from shoulder (not yet apl) to waist with 4-5 inches trimmed.

I don't think we can ever really overstate how your hair grows ridiculously fast.

I basically just wish to know what exactly you have been doing over that first year, when your hair apparently grew in a clearly more than one inch a month pace... so that I can do everything exactly the same way.

- thudpile !!! -

squiggyflop
September 22nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
I don't think we can ever really overstate how your hair grows ridiculously fast.

I basically just wish to know what exactly you have been doing over that first year, when your hair apparently grew in a clearly more than one inch a month pace... so that I can do everything exactly the same way.

- thudpile !!! -
mostly its genetics.. but i was taking a massive amount of vitamins.. knockoff centrum, natrol skin hair nails.. also i had a stress free lifestyle with a ton of protein.. got somewhere between 2-3 inches of growth per month depending on how often i remembered my vitamins.. the vitamins taste gross so i dont take them anymore

princessp
September 22nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Squiggy your hair is gorgeous!

ange1ito
September 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
I am in love with your hair, I am right at your 2007 shot after getting rid of all my layers at the back. Can't wait to grow. Your's looks super healthy and thick, congrats ;)

Xan
October 1st, 2011, 07:51 AM
Very pretty, must be awesome to get to classic what I milestone. I would be at classic too but I had a big trim and I'm back to tailbone but wanting classic. Keep growing