PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else braid into a bun?

cheetahfast
September 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Usually in the mornings I'll start off with a french braid and when I reach my nape I stop and twist the remaining length up into a bun and secure it with a spin pin. I do this because my layers get crazy if I braid past my nape and I want to protect my ends, by tucking them in. Today I'm wearing a dutch braid (I want to master it so I can do a not messy/bad crown braid) that stopped at my nape with the remaing hair bunned, held in place by a spin pin. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't look good. Anyone else do this sort of hairstyle??

Merewen
September 5th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I do that on occasion. It's very pretty.

bna_rapunzel
September 5th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I dutch braid all of my hair, wear it down for a little while but my braid always ends up getting twisted up into a bun and secured with a hairstick or two within the first couple hours. I wear this style almost everyday! :)

Kelikea
September 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hmmm.. .I don't but its a good idea. I did a French braid and tried to tuck it under, but that was too long so I folded it over again. It was short enough that way but too bulky and annoyed me all day. I'll have to try the bun idea and post a pic.

islandboo
September 5th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I do because I find braiding the top part helps keep my bun from sliding down (my hair is very slippery)

free_hug
September 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I do it all the time, and love it!

I also get many comments on how cute it is... which is funny, I always think of it as a very sporty hairdo, and it makes me feel more tough than cute :)
(Kind of Lara Croft or Million dollar baby style... of course they don't bun it up, but somehow still that's what it reminds me of)