PDA

View Full Version : APL to BSL Challenge! GROWGROWGROW

julierockhead
September 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Are you at APL (arm pit length) and anxious to get some growth to get out of the awkward stage? Let's do a mini-goal challenge. You can post your measurements, (from front hairline to ends in back, then front hairline to goal - bra strap), estimated time to reach goal, your growth rate if you know it, oils/vitamins/routines you are using, whether you plan to trim or not trim, questions, etc. Let's cheer each other on!:cheer:

I am at 22", BSL for me is 29". 7" to go!
My hair grows pretty fast naturally, 3/4" to 1" per month. So a year, maybe more.
I don't plan to trim, just S&D.
Just ordered some MSM and biotin. Both have great anecdotal evidence in the LHC and elsewhere, and MSM has some studies backing it up, if I find them again I will post the link.

Dars
September 4th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Hey Julie, there is an APL to BSL thread going already. :) Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170&page=306).

julierockhead
September 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Hey Julie, there is an APL to BSL thread going already. :) Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170&page=306).

*sighs* I did a search for one and came up with nothing, then saw it right after I posted the new thread :doh:

Kelikea
September 4th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I'm almost to BC/TB. I just ordered MSM and biotin to take in addition to my multi and hand full of other supplements. Is there a waist-TB thread?

kanaka
September 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I am at hip length now or more... soon will be at TB. my goal length is classic because i used to have classic length hair in my teens(may be 17-18 years). But got obsessed with short hair length and got it cut :( so want to regain my previous length. i am currently taking multivitamin and biotin :)

Ishje
September 5th, 2011, 02:10 AM
tigh length is not in the poll, I think I would like to have that length most.

julierockhead
September 5th, 2011, 09:47 AM
tigh length is not in the poll, I think I would like to have that length most.

Isn't thigh length classic?

sun-kissed
September 5th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I'm currently at 'mid-back' length, about 2" below BSL. My goal length is Classic, which is about 18" away. Including trims, my goal is somewhere around four years away. But I'll have fun getting there! :D

Nessie_
September 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I would like to be at hip length the most, I'm almost there now, but I have to go in for my trim this week to cut dead-ends, so it'll take a month longer :).

CurlyMopTop
September 6th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Currently between apl and bsl. Eventually I'd like to be hip. It's too hard to estimate how long it will take to get there because of my curls. It really depends on the shrinkage and how much it changes with the length of my hair. My hair is very fine and damages, splits easily so I have lots of mini trims to factor in as well. I'm giving myself 5 to 6 years to get there and if it happens before then, bonus!! If not, it's just a longer hair journey. :D My summer growth rate has been about 3/4" a month. I don't know what it is going to be for the rest of the year though. Can't wait to find out though!!! :)

AnnaJamila
September 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I'm going for just past classic so mine is upper thigh. I figure when I get there I'll trim it back (or leave it or maybe even grow it ;)) to wherever my favorite length was. I'm about halfway there.

Kathie
September 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Waist for me! I see there's a lot of people going for waist length.

dRummie
September 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I put other, because I'm not yet sure. It's BSL for now, and when I get there, I'll see how my curls react to the length, and whether I think I'd look good with longer hair.

<3OnHerSleeve
September 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm at collarbone currently, my ultimate goal is classic, and it's 6-6.5inches till BSL, 12.5-13 inches till Waist, and 22.5-23 inches till Classic. That is, that's how many inches stretched it is. My hair bounces up quite a bit.

SarahKayfa
September 22nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
Waist is my ultimate goal. I'm just going for regular long, not super long.

Toiréasa
September 22nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
I just reached BSL and my goal is waist although I have been reconsidering and thinking hip funny how you change your mind once you have been here awhile and waist no long seem as long as it did before joining LHC.

racrane
September 22nd, 2011, 08:45 PM
My goal is waist. I plan to stay there for however long it takes me to have completely virgin hair. Then we shall see... :D

MaryRose
September 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
My goal is waist which is 27inches for me. Right now, I am APL+ (21inches). Not too much further to go.