PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Coconut Oil?

lechatn0ir
September 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty new here and I am really interested in trying to oil my hair. I'm currently looking for coconut oil to try but i can't find it anywhere on websites like Walgreens,Cvs, and Rite Aid. Does the store sell them? I'm looking for unrefined, cold pressed like EfaGold but Walgreens said it was sold out in stores on the website. Thanks for helping

Kyla
September 4th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Kroger stores often have virgin coconut oil in the health food sections. In addition, you could always buy it online on amazon. :)

lechatn0ir
September 4th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Ahh thanks but theres no Kroger near me and i can't buy it online since im only sixteen. Does Walgreens or stores like that have it in their vitamins/ supplement section?

Kyla
September 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM
They might, you could always ask customer service if they have any. :) If you can't find any coconut oil, you might still be able to find other kinds-such as jojoba, argon, etc. Even EVOO works for some people for moisture (including me!) I believe I have read that other members have been successful at finding coconut oil in Walmart though. Good luck!

lechatn0ir
September 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Ahh thanks! I'll try Walgreens tuesday. Let's hope i find some :D

Remyy
September 4th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Its more likely that you will find coconut oil at an organic market or whole foods store. I bought mine online through Amazon actually, because there aren't many local organic markets. I also don't think Trader Joes carrys coconut oil, but that may just be the store near me.

ladonna
September 4th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I live in a very small community, the only stores that sell it here are Fred Meyer's and a organic store.

Toiréasa
September 4th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I buy mine at the vitamin shoppe,but they also have it at my local health food store too.

Cainwen
September 4th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I found mine at Harris Teeter (grocery store), both near the oils and in the baking section. Mine lists instructions for cooking, skin and hair applications :D.

MajorasMask
September 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I buy mine from Sprouts, or whole foods. When I went to target yesterday, they only had the refined version.

Oh hey :D I'm subscribed to you on YouTube as xvalerieannex :)

MiamiPineapple
September 4th, 2011, 04:48 PM
The 365 brand from whole foods is my favorite...it is rich, creamy and absorbs well. All coconut oil is not created equal :)

2vette2camaro
September 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM
vitacost.com is the cheapest place to buy it. I get the Nutiva- pure organic coconut oil and it tastes awesome. I also put it on my face at night and in the morning before putting makeup on and put in on my hair.

MsPretty31
September 4th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I bought mine from gnc. Its from emerald laboratories and it was 12.99 for a 16 oz. Tube. So far so good. I like it. :)

lw8666
September 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I bought mine at The Vitamin Shoppe.

mojavewolf1
September 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
They might, you could always ask customer service if they have any. :) If you can't find any coconut oil, you might still be able to find other kinds-such as jojoba, argon, etc. Even EVOO works for some people for moisture (including me!) I believe I have read that other members have been successful at finding coconut oil in Walmart though. Good luck!
Walmart has it in the Ethnic:poot::cheese: section