PDA

View Full Version : Mad scientist...by accident

Wally
September 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
So I ran out of conditioner and grabbed a bottle at Sallys last weekend (GVP Conditioning Balm). When I opened the top to transfer the last little bit from the old bottle it seemed a little runny. This morning I’m mixing up an SMT and I am so disappointed as the product is much thinner than before. I assumed there must have been a formula change. It was while the SMT was warming up that I first noticed the bottle was actually labeled Hydrating Shampoo! Man, it’s hell to get old.

Just for fun I used it anyway (as a shampoo). Seemed to work real nice, I may try it again.

Thought you’d get a kick out of my ‘senior moment’.

gingerella
September 4th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I do that all the time, well it happens, and I'm 23 ;)

lapelosa
September 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I think that if senior moments are what make you old, then I've been old since at least the age of six. Not to mention my oldest nephew, who is definitely of the "he'd forget his own head" variety.

Whoops!

islandboo
September 4th, 2011, 01:04 PM
It's actually really easy to do that with hair products because the bottles look so darned similar. Not to mention that the shampoo and conditioner bottles seem to mysteriously migrate to the other position on the store shelf - hair product osmosis?

ratgirldjh
September 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
My boyfriend once tried to wash his hair with a bottle of lavender bath/massage oil! He said he kept adding it to his head wondering why there was no lather! After he finally figured it out and somehow managed to get most of it out of his hair he was upset at me for having bath oil in the bathroom! And the funny thing was I had given it to him to use when he couldn't sleep one night and he was the one who put it with his shampoo! And yes the bottles were similar... :D

ktani
September 4th, 2011, 01:22 PM
LOL, it happens to everyone sometimes, I think.

I am a voracious label reader, yet just a little while ago, I picked up a bottle of vinegar to help clean around the house, paid for it and started to walk home. What had I bought? Pickling vinegar which is "extra strong" and more expensive.

I returned it for the right one. Lesson learned. Read, read, read, lol.

Glad to hear it worked out for you anyway!

Aeltt
September 4th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Great discoveries were made thanks to accidents ;)
But i always pay extra attention while shopping because that's exactly the kind of thing i could do ^^

racrane
September 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I did that before earlier this year too. I returned it. It's not a senior moment - I'm 20, at least I hope it's not a senior moment for me. :D

Debra83
September 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I did that, bought shampoo instead of conditioner and only discovered it in my third step of c-w-c!!!! Boy, was my hair dry after that one!

Chetanlaiho
September 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
There was a 2+2 deal on Garnier Fructis products, and it was only that I noticed that the cap was on the wrong side of the bottle that I realized I got 4 shampoos instead of 4 conditioners xD (the bottles are similar in every other way)

I tried to trade them for four conditioners but the sales lady was being annoying when I had no time so I only got two conditioners >_> (next time I got my conditioner elsewhere, ha xD)

luthein
September 4th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Oh no! It sounds like you might have a happy accident, if the results were good.

I had an unintended mad scientist moment myself. I mixed a bit of baby shampoo with another shampoo, and it caused a chemical reaction. Tiny crystals formed throughout the mix as a result. I was too afraid to try it, though.

VitaR86
September 4th, 2011, 09:50 PM
lol, I've done that before. I bought the Triple Nutrition shampoo instead of the conditioner.

kidari
September 4th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I enjoyed your post- what a happy accident!

AnqeIicDemise
September 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I've done that with the beloved coconut dove conditioner. I thought I had beat the LHC hordes when I saw one sitting on the shelf. I grabbed it and quite literally ran to buy it.

It took abuot two months to finally use it (I bought it on a spur of the moment originally since I had already purchased two bottles before. I figured I might as well hoard to beat the crowds.) So, I've run out of condish, I put more in and its sudsy. I freak out for a moment, gather the bottle and realize...

shampoo.

woops!

SkinnyCookie
September 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I do that all the time, well it happens, and I'm 23 ;)

Around my house, they just call those "SkinnyCookie moments". I'm frequently accused of being a space cadet. And it's really true.