PDA

View Full Version : Leave-in conditioner plus HALO rinse?

lapelosa
September 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I have a question, the answer to which I haven't found by searching the forums, and so I thought that I would throw it out to y'all here. :)

I'm thinking that I want to try one of the rinses talked about here. Either an ACV rinse, or a HALO rinse like so:

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=49898

I'm leaning towards the HALO rinse in particular. I'd like more shine and less frizziness, I suspect that I have hard water build up, and I have all the ingredients on hand to make the HALO, so it's particularly attractive to try.

The problem is that I don't know how to implement this, because I already use a leave-in conditioner (non-silicone, btw). If I detangle my hair with the leave-in and then put in the rinse, would the leave-in keep the rinse from having any effect? Or should I put in the rinse and THEN the leave-in? Or should I find a way to not use any leave-in conditioner at all? I don't have any conventional conditioners. Perhaps I should put in the leave-in conditioner just to detangle, and then rinse it all out, and then put in the rinse.....? Perhaps since the HALO has oil in it, I wouldn't need a conditioner at all. But I suspect that putting HALO on hair already coated with leave-in would be rather defeating the purpose.

What do you think is the best way to proceed? I'm putting off washing my hair until I figure out how to do this!

Siiri
September 4th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Try it first without a leave-in conditioner, it looks like it should condition enough, but if you have a hard time detangling it afterwards, use the leave-in after the rinse. Or that's how I'd do it, but I'm not a curly..