PDA

View Full Version : Beer Shampoo for Sale?

MiamiPineapple
September 3rd, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone! I was at Wholefoods last night and I noticed a new line of beer shampoo they are carrying. I don't think they sell it at all Wholefoods (it is made in Asheville, NC and I am in SC). It smells exactly like a bottle of beer! I am kind of intrigued. Anyone have any thoughts or used beer on their hair before? The article claims beer has silicon which is one of the ingredients in BioSil. Here is the article:
http://www.brewbound.com/news/headlines/asheville-couple-launches-craft-beer-shampoo/

cheetahfast
September 3rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
I used to pour beer in my hair. It would make it thicker until my next wash.

TessieAnn
September 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Chagrin Valley has Extra Honey Beer and Honey, Beer and Egg Shampoo Bars.

I never noticed a beer rinse making my hair thicker but it sure added to the shine.

StephanieB
September 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Beer rinses make for incredible hair shine and body!

There have been a number of discussions here in the past on how to use beer as a hair rinse; use the fora search engines for both "The Mane Forum" and the "Recipes & Herbal Hair Care" forum. Best to read the old threads first, rather than repeat it all yet again in another thread. :)

StephanieB
September 3rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
There's probably not enough beer in the shampoos to do nearly so well for your hair as a bottle of flat beer will. That's also true of shampoos with avocado.. or mayonnaise... or just about any other natural thing good for your hair. Most of the time, such lines of product are mere selling gimmicks. Go with the real thing(s) for your hair health!

Kristin
September 18th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Lush's Cynthia Sylvia Stout is one of my favorite shampoos. Beer rinses are great as well. :)

Airmide
September 18th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Euphony ( www.elateyoursenses.com ) has a handmade beer soap. It's not yet listed on her website but a bunch of us got to smell her soaps and try out her awesome whipped shea butter yesterday when we visited her at the Portland Saturday Market. I generally really dislike the smell of beer, but her beer soap smelled surprisingly good, like soda bread. (Though is still can't compare to her Lemon Parfait "Too Shea!" which I've been huffing nearly nonstop since yesterday haha).

Be aware if you have any gluten sensitivity that beer is not gluten free (unless specifically marked as such) and can cause gluten reactions even absorbed through the skin.

swetiepeti
September 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I buy cheap pale beer and use it instead of vinegar.