PDA

View Full Version : Directions/Manic Panic and hotel rooms

BelleBot
September 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'm just wondering what people who dye their hair with Directions/Manic Panic/Crazy Colour type dyes do when they go on holiday?

I'm on week 3 I think after dyeing and my hair is still bleeding colour when wet. I ended up too scared to wash it on my recent holiday to Amsterdam in case I stained the shower and bath. :o
I ended up just keeping it in a bun the whole time as I although I stretch washes I don't stretch them long enough to cover the whole holiday really so it was a bit unruley by the last day.

So what do you do about such things? Is there anyway of reducing the bleeding for future reference?

luxepiggy
September 3rd, 2011, 01:36 PM
I'm just wondering what people who dye their hair with Directions/Manic Panic/Crazy Colour type dyes do when they go on holiday?

I'm on week 3 I think after dyeing and my hair is still bleeding colour when wet. I ended up too scared to wash it on my recent holiday to Amsterdam in case I stained the shower and bath. :o
I ended up just keeping it in a bun the whole time as I although I stretch washes I don't stretch them long enough to cover the whole holiday really so it was a bit unruley by the last day.

So what do you do about such things? Is there anyway of reducing the bleeding for future reference?

I wouldn't worry about it next time, honestly. The cleaning products used in hotels are pretty heavy-duty. Unless you're staying in someone's home, I would just wash your hair the way you normally do.

Memza
September 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
As long as you wash the dye off the shower quickly it should be fine. I keep a large jug underneath my head for the dye to go into and then pour it directly down the plug to reduce the risk of staining. The bleeding will stop eventually. I am on week 4 of my dye, washing twice a week and it has just stopped.