PDA

View Full Version : Video of Rope Braid!

Gladtobemom
June 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM
This is quite a good video of doing a rope braid.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1106287/how_to_braid_your_own_hair/

Chrissy
June 30th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Even when my hair was long I never had the patience to do all that twisting. I would get frustrated half way through and say forget it. I do love the look of that braid though.

Catladyintown
June 30th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Very cute video love the music and helpful. Thanks for posting Gladtobemom:)

AprilElf
June 30th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Heh, heh - yes, that is cute.
I don't know how she doesn't get it all tangled in her earrings, though ... :p

I can't twist the whole section of hair before forming the braid like she does (mainly because mine's a lot longer). I have to twist mine a little bit at a time; kind of like- twist, twist, twist (section A), fold over, twist, twist twist (section B), fold over, etc.
And she has to twist as she's braiding as well, so I'm not sure what the advantage is in doing it that way.

Nice find!

Little_Bird
June 30th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Very cute girl! Altough I guess she's a little hair agressive :rolleyes:

Either ways, it's a helpfull video. It wouldn't work for me because my hair wouldn't stay twisted while I twist the other half. Also, the method she's using works for a side braid, but if you want it centered in the back it would look bad I think.

Still, great video, very funny and amusig :) Thank's for sharing!:flower:

Fluffy01
June 30th, 2008, 06:33 AM
That's too funny. I love the sound effects in the background. Very awesome. :)

sipnsun
June 30th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks for sharing this video! I have tried this braid many times but get frustrated because it comes un-twisted before I can finish. I love the mouth holding method, really cute!

Chromis
June 30th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Oh that was darling! I also thought holding the other side in the mouth was a stroke of genius!

Gladtobemom
June 30th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I think what I liked most was that while I was sitting here, I did it along with her.

I've always twisted as I go, but when I tried her way, twisting first, then twisting as I go too, I got a much better result than I ever have.