PDA

View Full Version : Swap board question

MsBubbles
September 3rd, 2011, 12:43 PM
I searched but did not see this addressed anywhere (sorry if it's a duplicate).

Is it ok to post a thread in the swap section asking if anybody has items by a certain manufacturer that they'd consider selling to me, before I decide to place my order with the manufacturer?

Several reasons would be that the mfr has discontinued some items I might want to buy from an LHC member who doesn't want theirs any more, and to save on overseas shipping & monetary conversions.

Is there some reason why I shouldn't post something like that?

Calaelen
September 3rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
it's totally fine to do that..just put "ISO: Lalo Orna" for example, then in the thread post what you're looking for. ISO stands for "I search Out"

MsBubbles
September 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Oh my gosh. :p I'm so embarrassed! I thought ISO was a hairstick mfr. :rollin: I've only been here, what, three and a half years?!

Thanks! Glad I didn't pm a mod, now. :)

jeanniet
September 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for a good laugh--that was hilarious! Easy mistake to make, though. :D

ETA: Not laughing at you, but with you--I've done the same kind of thing myself. Seems so obvious once someone points it out to you.

Gumball
September 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
it's totally fine to do that..just put "ISO: Lalo Orna" for example, then in the thread post what you're looking for. ISO stands for "I search Out"

I found that interesting, since I always see it as "In search of..." :hifive:

MsBubbles
September 3rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
"In Search Of" comes to my mind too, but that may just be because of Mr. Spock. :)

(...shows age...)

Jeanniet: no worries! Laugh away. :-D

Tabitha
September 3rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
ISO (I always read it as "In search of" too) threads are a great idea, IMO. Often people won't have got as far as thinking to list an item on the swap board, but if someone actually asks for something like it, they may well be pushed to think "Hey I have one of those and I never reach for it, maybe someone else could benefit".

I know I personally very much prefer to sell to someone who posts an ISO, than to list my stuff on the Swap board these days (I just find Swap Board listing to be very timeconsuming and tiresome).

(Having said that I've seen your post, dug out and looked at my Bijoux Manoels but can't bring myself to part with any of them right now ... sorry!)

MsBubbles
September 3rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Ahh Tabitha! You're breaking my heart! LOL :p. That's ok I totally understand. And if nobody wants to part with theirs I'll be only too happy to give my money directly to Marie Noel for her creations.

krissykins
September 4th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Well, MsBubbles, let us know how those ISO hairsticks work for you. I've never tried their stuff before. :silly:

MsBubbles
September 6th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Well Krissykins, I'm pretty sure they would just slide right out, like all the other ones I've tried. Although those FS ones sound pretty good :p

Lianna
September 6th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Took me a while to get what ISO was, being a foreign and all. English has so many internet acronyms, specially in this site. I try to write the full word as often as I can to help those (like me) that don't speak English as native language. I think I know most by now, but it was really hard at first when I joined here.

krissykins
September 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Lianna, you made a good point! Maybe ISO and FS should be added to our acronyms list. :hmm:

pepperminttea
September 11th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Lianna, you made a good point! Maybe ISO and FS should be added to our acronyms list. :hmm:

That is a great idea. We could add FT at the same time too. :)