PDA

View Full Version : I am at flick length once more :(

jojo
September 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
No ive not had my hair cut, but my hair is now just touching hip and is flicking out like it did at neck length. It must be my big bum or something but although I am really happy with my hair at the moment, I thought id left the ducks arse stage behind! anybody else find this really annoying?

luxepiggy
September 3rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Ah yes, I sympathize . . . have you tried bringing the length 'round to the front in the final drying stages? That helped a bit when my hair was at that stage.

celebriangel
September 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I hear it happens again somewhere around the tailbone stage. I read people complaining about it. Ah, the pitfallls of being a longhair!

However, unlike flip length, you can put it up when it's being annoying!

Damp bunning might fix it, too :)

MonaLisa
September 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
oh yeah! it happens to me at just below hip length...looks so silly :(

MsBubbles
September 3rd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Ok somebody please explain to me why this is bad? :)

Congrats, JoJo, on reaching hip!

I have always thought this looked attractive (if I'm thinking of the right thing here), because a) it must mean you have a body wave, lucky you, and b) your hair is hip length.

I have never had hip length hair before! Hopefully in about a year's time...

But how is hair flipping outwards at hip length annoying?

pepperminttea
September 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
I'm getting this too, but I rather like it. But then, I do have a giant back end, so it was kind of inevitable. :D

tinywife
September 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
I sympathize, because I'm at actual flip-length (i.e. on my neck.) I loathe that little flip. Older women love it, I guess those who grew up in the Nancy Drew era. Not me at all.

jojo
September 4th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Ah yes, I sympathize . . . have you tried bringing the length 'round to the front in the final drying stages? That helped a bit when my hair was at that stage.
Yeah I do this anyway, though damp rope braided last night and fingers crossed its sitting better now.

I hear it happens again somewhere around the tailbone stage. I read people complaining about it. Ah, the pitfallls of being a longhair!

However, unlike flip length, you can put it up when it's being annoying!

Damp bunning might fix it, too :) yeah I think that would work

oh yeah! it happens to me at just below hip length...looks so silly :(
thats how i feel, it doesnt lie straight, it will look better when its grown a few inches

Ok somebody please explain to me why this is bad? :)

Congrats, JoJo, on reaching hip!

I have always thought this looked attractive (if I'm thinking of the right thing here), because a) it must mean you have a body wave, lucky you, and b) your hair is hip length.

I have never had hip length hair before! Hopefully in about a year's time...

But how is hair flipping outwards at hip length annoying? its not bad just annoying as it doesnt lay straight, sort of like bed hair but on the ends and thanks I am only just there not what id call full hip!

I'm getting this too, but I rather like it. But then, I do have a giant back end, so it was kind of inevitable. :D big bums are a curse when your growing long hair, i should know mines the size of England!

I sympathize, because I'm at actual flip-length (i.e. on my neck.) I loathe that little flip. Older women love it, I guess those who grew up in the Nancy Drew era. Not me at all.

its annoying but in a few months time it will be gone and then you will be shoulder!!! happy growing!

Lisa R
September 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Your title worried me for a bit then I went into the thread and thought "phew" she hasn't cut her hair! Honestly, even though it may be a little annoying, that is a wonderful problem! Imagine if you took yourself back to when your hair was shoulder, APL or BSL. I'm sure you wouldn't mind the 'problem' as much!:)

Crysania
September 4th, 2011, 06:14 AM
i heard that cutting hair a little bit shorter underneath is gonna avoid this effect

MsBubbles
September 4th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I'm still somewhat amazed that there are people who don't actually like this! Whenever I see this on someone (mostly in photos because hardly anybody I see IRL has hip length hair) I think it looks utterly delightful and I can't wait for mine to do that. Maybe it's because my hair is so straight & has no personality. But I always thought that flip at hip accentuated in a cute way, just how long that person's hair was: "Their hair is so long it's resting on their hip and curving upwards a little."

Just goes to show you how people see things differently. Like fairy-tale ends, thin/straight hair, curly hair, etc.
But I'm a mere waistie right now. What do I know?! :) Seriously. I can't wait to have this problem!

GRU
September 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM

I'd better go find my hearing aid, dentures, cane, and rocking chair! ;)