PDA

View Full Version : liquid fabric softner for hair?

laurarvt
September 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Sorry this is a weird question.

I was sniffing my blanket last night and I love the smell of my suavitel fabric softner.

Would is be really bad to put a couple of drops in water and mist my hair with it?

Thank you!

virgo75
September 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'd be scared to do that because it might harm your hair and/or your skin.

When I've gotten liquid fabric softener on my hands, even diluted with water, they itched horribly and turned red. Not sure how that would work on your hair near your scalp and face. :shake:

ktani
September 3rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Modern hair conditioners are based on fabric softener technology.

One would need to read the bottle of fabric softener very carefully for warnings about skin contact.

I know of people who have used fabric softener on their hair with no ill effects on their hair or skin (diluted).

However, not all fabric softeners are created equal. The brand I use for my clothes only used to have a skin contact warning on it but does not have such a warning on it now.

Coffeebug
September 3rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
I have to use rubber gloves when I hand wash clothes cos even diluted to a lower concentration than the bottle suggests, it makes my hands peel and itch really badly - so personally I wouldn't try it on my hair.

jojo
September 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ive used Lenor on my hair which made it really soft, however it did make my scalp itch!