PDA

View Full Version : Hairstylist Wisdom

TrudieCat
September 3rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
I hope this isn't too forward, but I was wondering if we might have a place where we could put out a sort of all-call to stylists to ask about professional conventional and non-conventional haircare methods? I don't mean to assume that our stylists here must share any of their secrets or have to answer a million annoying questions or anything, so I apologize if this is seen as inappropriate. Please let me know if it is and we'll just let this thread die. :flower: I do not mean to be presumptuous in any way, just curious!

I got the idea for this because I'm curious about the reasoning behind some professional techniques, and I'd like to know why they work and what they are called so I know what to ask for in the future when I get my hair cut.

I like like getting long layers in my hair, but I think the term "long layers" is a little ambiguous because I find I tend to get a different layer treatment based on the stylist's interpretation of my confusing description. I'm wondering if someone with salon styling knowledge wouldn't mind talking a little about different kinds of layers? If this is too broad a topic, I can be more specific. Just let me know. :) I'd like to be able to be more specific about what I want when I go in to the salon. Thank you in advance!!

** NOTE: This is NOT a stylist bashing thread so please respect the wisdom and expertise of our community stylists when posting here! **