PDA

View Full Version : School >.<

PurusNox
September 3rd, 2011, 06:36 AM
Before the summer holidays, people always knew me for the big fringe that mostly covered my eyes. However, now that my fringe has grown out a middle parting is so much more convenient. I'm not sure what to do with my hair for when I go back, I'll get taken the mick out of if I go to school with a middle parting :(

Dragon
September 3rd, 2011, 06:57 AM
If you find you like the middle part but want to hide it, maybe a bandana would help.

bluesnowflake
September 3rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Or, if you want to try a different part and your bangs are long enough, you could split them further over to the side and make sort of sweepy side bangs with the larger part and pin back the smaller side.

Dorothy
September 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
I've been growing my bangs out and what works for me is updos with them clipped back with clippies. I'm 42, though, so I am definately not facing school, and the adults I work with here in Kansas are excrutiatingly polite, and no matter how awful my hair is, they would never say anything. So my heart goes out to you, I do remember what it was like...

In 4th grade I finally had to cut my long hair because of a huge rat (I was not much for maintenance back then) and wore it just cut short with bangs straight to school for a bit, then got an actual professional haircut and began the process of hot rollers and hair spray, like everyone else had a year before. I heard a girl whisper to another girl "...she finally CURLED it..."
and was consumed by shame. So good luck, and someday that will all be over, and people will be polite to you....

PurusNox
September 3rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately bandanas and other headwear isn't allowed at school, otherwise it'd be a brilliant option. Clips and such won't be a viable option either seeing as i'm a guy xD. I guess I'll try and get my hair to part more to the side, thanks :D

mallorykay13
September 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Don't let society or other people tell you how to live your life. Do as you please. You only live once.

PurusNox
September 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
I've lived like that for pretty much my whole school life, I've always been the outcast but I just don't want school to become a living hell, even if I do just have a few more years left.

Eternal.Fiend
September 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I like middle parts on guys with longer hair, and your suits you :shrug:

But, you could always change it to a side parting, or maybe see if your hair likes having no parting? Just brush it straight back?

I'd say do whatever makes you feel most confident, because the more condfident you are, the less people will take the mick out of you. Or, at least that's what I've found from my time at school :)

I hope everything goes well for you :)

CopperSilver
September 7th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I second that the middle parting suits you, but what about just scraping the whole lot back in a low pony tail? Or you could just do the top section a bit like this photo (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xfdhu3QbteM/TbqEt2FcKkI/AAAAAAAAK70/HDCRxx9JWB4/s1600/mens_long_hairstyle_2011_pictures_Long-Hairstyles-for-Men.jpg)

junkyschristmas
September 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I second the trying to go for a low ponytail, or, if you do try to do the side part, maybe try some gel/hair paste or some such other thing to keep it over and tucked behind your ear...

Lemur_Catta
September 7th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I think you look very nice with the middle parting! Maybe you could try a ponytail, so it won't hang around your face? Or maybe you could try a side part, but I don't know if it would look good on you...

lara grace
September 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I'd just keep the middle parting, all of my long haired guy friends have middle partings. Or perhaps just mess up the parting a bit so it's not as severe? Like just let it part naturally when you get out of the shower (unless it goes into a straight line of course). I know how it feels though with judgemental people at school, it's horrible!

teal
September 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Is it long enough to pony? You could avoid the part question altogether. Besides that, what's so bad about a center part? Seems to me a guy should get less flak about that than a girl, generally speaking? Your avatar looks fine (and normal!) to me.

Ligeia_13
September 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Why would they make so much fun of you over a middle parting?? Which by society's standards is considered more "normal" for a guy than a fringe is :confused:

catarinalaree
September 7th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Like others, I like the middle parting on you. There isn't much you can do, you could try and push your hair back so it wouldn't even get a parting but that bothers me so it might bother you. Anyways as your hair grows longer you won't be able to disguise your parting so why not start now? I'm sure you haven't got long left before you leave school (I'm 15 too, only Yr 11 to go yay!) so then you can have more freedom and choice when it comes to hair :)

MychelleC
September 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Agree on keeping the middle part. This seems to be the most masculine way to part longer hair, if that is your concern. My dad has always worn his parted in the middle, often with a low ponytail. He is a small guy, but no one gives him any grief because he walks through the world with confidence.

david
September 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hey, well I would say dont worry about it, judging by your avatar the middle parting looks ok on you. People may say something for about an hour if they do say anything at all, but after that it'll be forgotten about. Being a guy too I know what its like the first time you wear your hair differently. It was also a bit daunting the first time I wore my hair in a ponytail around my friends. Then the first time I wore my hair in a plait. But after the little firsts are over its all ok. So if you like it go for it, who cares what other people think.

khrystyne572
September 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I couldn't figure out how to include an image here ( still working on that) but do a google search for "Anthony Kiedis long hair" and you will get hundreds of hits of the Lead singer from Red hot Chili Peppers and what he's done with long hair. ( it's short now but is used to be long and flowing) He's put it up in a half pony and done both side and middle parts and it looked ammaaaaaazing.

Your straight hair reminded me of his and I think you could pull off his look, Good luck. :)

tinywife
September 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
You could always do a zig-zag part, so it looks like you didn't try to part it at all. Then end it with a low ponytail.

Ithonna
September 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I think the middle parting suits you.

long&blonde
September 8th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I was thinking slick all of your hair back into a low ponytail with hair gel too!

Cania
September 8th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I don't see what's wrong with a middle parting - the majority of my male friends with long hair have middle partings, they're only about two years older than you. If you're that bothered, though, shift it an inch or two to one side, go to sleep with the side fringe clipped to the appropriate side and eventually it'll stay like that. Use a little mousse if you have any and you don't mind using it.

But I think your hair looks good imho :)

WinterButterfly
September 9th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I think your hair is nice. You could comb it back and hair spray some. Maybe go for the dunken mcclowd look. I probably didn't spell the characters name right. It is from an older series called highlander. I liked his long hair. If it is long enough for a low pony, that is probably the way to go though. If not, well you are at the most akward hair growth stage, and it will only get easier from here. Just stand up for yourself. Don't let others make you feel bad for the way you want to look. I found that I am naturally a pascifist nerd. So I got teased a lot for no real reason. But then I embraced my oddities and stopped listening to what rude people had to say. If people tease you, there is something wrong with them. But there are things you can do to make yourself seem less of a target. Always walk with a strong gait. Look people in the eye. Don't stare at the floor when going place to place. Put on a confident facial expression. Wear more intimidating clothing. Such as combat boots. Make a couple of friends who are quite outspoken who you can learn from. And I usually don't condone violence. But sometimes you have to fight back. You don't have to sit and take their abuse. And learn a lot of big words. It helps.