PDA

View Full Version : My visit to Madora GM Madison Ave Salon...

StephanieB
September 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
I kept my appointment with Iris at the Madora George Michael Madison Avenue Salon in Manhattan Thursday evening.

It was so well worth the visit!

Iris did just barely a dusting to even off/straighten my hemline a bit. And she did a S&D for split ends just like we do them (twisting hair and looking for splits sticking out).

I then had a wash and condition, to try out the GM products Iris was recommending for me.

Iris did a nice braid, taking the trouble to show hubby how to do the same braid for me at home. :)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/StephaniesPix/Me/IMG_3421-1.jpg

This braid made my BSL hair into APL. I'm amazed that my thin and baby fine hair was sufficient to do a multi-strand braid like this one!

Iris said I should get a dusting done every few months; use the GM Blue shampoo at my scalp with the GM cream shampoo for my length once a week, and the cream shampoo all over once a week; and perhaps treat my hair to a professional GM treatment in the salon... and my hair will grow as fast as it's going to and stay healthy.

Iris also told me something interesting: She said that while I do have baby fine hair and it's thin, I have more of it than I think I do. She says it looks like less because my oily scalp hair was flattened and needed clarifying so it could stand up a bit more. She proved her point by using the GM blue shampoo (their clarifying shampoo) on my hair and getting more body at my crown than I ever get!

Hubby was impressed with the salon, with Iris' knowledge,and with the fact that they don't push 'extras' on their clients. He liked it. Win-win for me! :D

julierockhead
September 2nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Wow, that sounds heavenly. How cool she taught your husband to replicate the style! I'm so glad you had a wonderful salon experience!:bounce:

Kyla
September 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Your braid is SO pretty! That sounds like the best salon visit I have ever heard of. I'm pretty jealous, I admit...:o I hope the shampoos work out fantastically for your hair!

luxepiggy
September 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Sounds like a great experience! I'll have to try out that salon next time I'm out in NYC (^(oo)^)

Yame
September 2nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Yay! That's really wonderful! I should pay them a visit sometime, I am not too far from the city.

I'm very happy to hear you had a good experience. Happy growing!

Madora
September 2nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the report and picture, StephanieB. Your hair looks lovely! How I envy you, visiting Madora's Long Hair Heaven! I love it there!

Juneii
September 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Oh my your hair looks wonderfully shiny!

I am envious, I want to go to a George Michael salon too! I have to agree with the clarifying shampoo suggestion. Regular shampoos just can't remove the grease and oil from my scalp like a clarifying shampoo does.

Carolyn
September 3rd, 2011, 05:40 AM
Your hair looks so shiny and pretty! It doesn't look thin at all. I'm glad you had such a good experience.

kamikaze hair
September 3rd, 2011, 05:58 AM
StephanieB that sounds like heaven on earth... :) (sigh)... I'm glad your experience was a good one. Talk about above and beyond the call of duty, i can't believe they taught your husband that hairdo. That's what i call EXCELLENT customer service. Your hair looks lovely in that style.

bluesnowflake
September 3rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
Wow, I love your braid! And that sounds like a wonderful experience. I've always wanted to go there.

Fairlight63
September 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
You are so lucky to be able to go there!!:p

pepperminttea
September 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Add me to the list of the envious - it sounds like you had a wonderful salon experience, and your hair looks lovely too. :)

LoversLullaby
September 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Looking absolutely lovely! I love that braid. Your visit sounds absolutely fantastic. :) I'm very envious!

hippiechick1976
September 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
ok LOVE THE HAIR so glad you had a great Appt. Now instructions from hubby on braid for us???? LOL

StephanieB
September 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Sounds like a great experience! I'll have to try out that salon next time I'm out in NYC (^(oo)^)

Piggy, you an I aren't exactly hair twins... nor is Iris (the hairdresser) quite a twin to you or I... but the three of us have similar hair types. So if you go to Madora Long Hair Heaven Salon, try to make it on a Wednesday or a Thursday so Iris can do your hair. She's great!
(I'm sure they're all good - but Iris is great with our kind of hair.)

Hubby isn't up to par to do a video, yet. lol
In fact, we don't even have a video camera - so that's not gonna fly at all.

I drove the near 100 miles to Philadelphia today to visit my father in the hospital (in the Critical Care Unit). I was just gonna put my hair up in a fast French twist held with a hairstick, since I knew I was gonna have to put isolation protective gear on - paper gown, gloves, bonnet & mask..... but hubby insisted on trying out the new braid. It wasn't bad for a first attempt, so I wore it all day. :)

Bonus: Dad - who, at 80 yrs old, had emergency bowel surgery Wednesday morning, is doing better than the past few days. Today was his first day mentally alert, after the general anesthesia... so he not only knew who I was, but he asked to see my hair since he knew that I'd had the hair appointment. The surgeon was there, and said I could uncover my hair, just to keep the gown and gloves and mask on for my own protection... Dad picked up MRSA (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004520/) during or after his surgery. :(
:( And my immune system is not up to par, thanks to Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. SO I'm at high risk.

I just got back home after the second near 100 miles driving trip. whew

StephanieB
September 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
The GM system has a few odd ideas... like (1) the 'fact' that "long hair looks best and healthiest at one length" (ie - no layers) and (2) that "if layers are cut into one's long hair, one's body attempts to even the hair out, leading to fallout" [this taken verbatim, directly from the booklet they give out to each new client].

Then again, it's a bit hard to argue with 30+ years of great success. shrug

They tell you to brush your hair with a natural bristle brush - after detangling - upside down (ie - "bend at the wait until your hair falls over your face like a curtain - then brush it for 50 gentle strokes before standing back up and gently flipping it back over, and detangling once again if necessary") IN THE MORNING (NOT in the evening) "to make your hair stand up at it's root and lie nicer, with more body".

I wasn't too sure about this bit of advice... but I tried it anyhow..... and don't you know it, but my flat-lying, thin, baby-fine hair stood up at the roots with more body that held like that all day long?! It didn't flop flat! hmmm

So maybe these ideas that seem so odd aren't untrue. *pondering*
It is said that truth is stranger than fiction.

AnqeIicDemise
September 3rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
It is my dream to visit this salon some day. <3

-le dreamy sigh- I am living vicariously through you right now.

alyanna
September 4th, 2011, 01:59 AM
It's great to hear that you had such a nice experience. I definitely would love to visit that hair salon. Next time I'm in NYC I'll definitely have to swing by ... by then maybe my hair will actually be long :D

Seriously, it's refreshing to hear about GOOD hair salon experiences for a change :cheese:

Catlover
September 4th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I LOVE the braid Iris did to your hair and how kind of her to show your husband :)
Braids are one of my favourite things to do to my hair, i used to do the French Braid, but now I do the Dutch braid, but this one of yours is to die for.

Roseate
September 6th, 2011, 04:33 PM
The GM system has a few odd ideas... like (1) the 'fact' that "long hair looks best and healthiest at one length" (ie - no layers) and (2) that "if layers are cut into one's long hair, one's body attempts to even the hair out, leading to fallout" [this taken verbatim, directly from the booklet they give out to each new client].

Do you- or does anyone here - know how GM salons deal with clients who come in with layered hair? I have layers, and plan on keeping them, but I'd love to go to a GM salon. I've hesitated so far because of the layer issue; would they be willing to dust and re-shape my layers, or would they just recommend a blunt cut?

And, OP, your hair looks incredible! So shiny!

HintOfMint
September 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Do you- or does anyone here - know how GM salons deal with clients who come in with layered hair? I have layers, and plan on keeping them, but I'd love to go to a GM salon. I've hesitated so far because of the layer issue; would they be willing to dust and re-shape my layers, or would they just recommend a blunt cut?

I second this. I've been wanting to go into one of his salons and now that I live in NY, I'm able to.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

Your hair looks lovely, I'm glad you had such a great experience.

mrs.bad85
September 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know if there is a GM salon in Seattle or Vegas? Those are the only "big cities" that I venture out too on occasion

I would love to have a GM experience.

embee
September 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
StephanieB, it sounds delightful! I can't quite imagine how it would be to have someone work with my hair who was *in favor* of long hair - the ones around here all want to chop chop chop.

Unfortunately there will never be a GM Salon here... we're too small a town. Sigh.

InTheCity
September 6th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Oh what a wonderful experience. I love the braid they left you in and am glad to hear a happy cut story.

I *wish* with all my heart I had remembered about GM salons (see what an accidental break from LHC gets you!) when I decided 2 months ago to get a cut to make my hair look thicker. They probably could have done wonders with the 2-4" I had intended to lose. ::sigh:: :(

Chetanlaiho
September 7th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Why oh why do I live on the wrong continent xD That sounds basically like exactly what I need for my next haircut (which is way, way overdue).

Glad you had such a wonderful experience! =)

Kapri
September 7th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I'm really interested in GM salons and the whole emphasis on one length hair. I'm really debating this with myself. I have fine, thinnish, coloured hair that is collar bone length. It would be thicker without layers but would it look full enough to complement my long face?

Is there a thread dedicated to the pros and cons of layers for those of us with longish faces?

I am planning to visit a GM salon in London soon for a consultation, btw.
Kapri x

Sweetie
September 7th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Wow! Sounds like a beautiful experience, I program to go visiting a GM salon next year, when maybe I'll travel to New York!!!
I'd like to know what kind of fares they have, and if you have to book much earlier to get an appointment....
Thank you!

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM

I don't think GM salons will shape layers for you; I know they won't cut layers into your hair. The GM philosophy is specifically against layers, as I've stated, quoting form their own literature.
Best call ahead to ask if they will shape re-existing layers.

I know one woman who had gone to the same MGM salon I did - Madison Ave in NYC - (years ago) and asked for layers cut into her hair, and because she was insistent about layers, they sent her to a nice nearby regular salon to get her layers cut instead of doing a trim for her. Madora Salon then did a wash... and I think a treatment... on her, after her cut elsewhere.

They believe that a blunt cut is best for all long hair.

I have to say that I first found their reasoning (that one's body tried to deal with the disparate difference by making oe's hair even length again by massive shed) to be silly, but.....
since they've levelled mine a lot closer to one length hemline :cheer:, my hair has looked fuller:joy:, stood up better at it's roots :joy:, and grown a bit faster this month than usual:thud:.
So I'm kind of finding it hard to argue with success.

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
I had a consultation, a 'dusting' trim, a wash, and the braid done. $119. Plus, I gave Iris a full 20% tip - she was that good for me and my hair.

If you go, I strongly urge you to make you appointment with Iris, if at all possible! Tell her that you know Stephanie Blaine from the Long Hair Community Internet board, and (if it's true) that her pleasure at her great service made you want to have her do your hair also. I always try to let people know when I've come by them via word-of-mouth.

The wash proved to me that my hair loved their shampoo, 60 second conditioner, and cream rinse. My hair stood straight up at the root, giving me more volume that I've ever been able to coax out of it (except with a teasing comb and lots of hair spray) - and it stayed that way overnight and the next three days! I've been using their products since, and my hair has remained as voluminous as the night I was in the salon.

I bought one of their ivory wide-tooth detangling combs for either $22 or $27 (I forget).

I was given some 2-ounce travel/trial bottles of shampoos and conditioner and creme rinse to start me out. I was also given a booklet of the GM philosophy and how to take care of your long hair.

The following week, I bought their shampoos (the blue and the cream), the 60 second conditioner, and the creme rinse. I just phoned the order in - or you can FAX it - and paid via credit card to have it shipped to me at home.

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Wow! Sounds like a beautiful experience, I program to go visiting a GM salon next year, when maybe I'll travel to New York!!!
I'd like to know what kind of fares they have, and if you have to book much earlier to get an appointment....
Thank you!
I called on a Wednesday and booked for the following Thursday.

I might have been able to get an appointment even sooner, but I was no prepared for the trip into the City sooner than that. Iris (my stylist) only works Wednesdays and Thursdays, with Thursdays being her late evening.

If you're coming in from overseas or out-of-state, you might want to call a few weeks in advance... but otherwise a week or so should be plenty early enough.

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm finding that washing twice weekly with GM products has made a world of difference in my hair!

Ever 3-4 days, I wash. Once per month I use the blue shampoo, the other times I use the cream shampoo. I always finish with the creme rinse. Once per 4 washes (every 2 weeks), I use the 60 second conditioner after the shampoo and before the creme rinse.

B Shampoo / 60 Second Conditioner / Creme Rinse
Cream Shampoo / Creme Rinse
Et cetera

Animae
September 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know how they deal with more curly or wavy hair? I'm thinking of planning a trip to NY for my 30th birthday, and this would be a lovely treat to get my hair done while I am there.

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
My hair is curly; I'm 2c/3a, just like yours. Only mine's finer and thinner than yours.

I don't understand your question?
What are you asking about, specifically?

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 01:44 PM
My hair is curly; I'm 2c/3a, just like yours. Only mine's finer and thinner than yours.
I just looked at your album pix. Other than the fact that you've got 3 to 4 times as much hair as I've got on my head... we have the same hair. Mine looks just like yours, except thinner and there's less of it. Also, mine's browner than yours is.

Kapri
September 14th, 2011, 01:50 PM
SrephanieB,

Inspired by this thread I had a brief but lovely e-conversation with Madora who is an inspirational character and I'm sure I will make a visit to the salon if I manage to travel to NY over the next year for a short holiday and better still with work. I'm really envious of you having been there.

Kapri
September 14th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Am typing in the dark ...should have been StephanieB..sorry.

StephanieB
September 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Inspired by this thread I had a brief but lovely e-conversation with Madora who is an inspirational character and I'm sure I will make a visit to the salon if I manage to travel to NY over the next year for a short holiday and better still with work. I'm really envious of you having been there.
:joy: Glad to have inspired you! :cheer:

Madora
September 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know how they deal with more curly or wavy hair? I'm thinking of planning a trip to NY for my 30th birthday, and this would be a lovely treat to get my hair done while I am there.

They might do differently now (it's been 17 years since my last GM treatment) but from what I observed during my visits there, all hair (after the shampooing and conditioning/heating cap treatment) is rolled up in humongous curlers, then you sit under the dryer until the hair is completely dry.

These large curlers left my slightly wavy hair almost pin straight (with a slight bit of curve at the ends). You can see some of my GM pix in my hair album.

By all means, if you can, experience the GM treatment! Pure bliss. They love long hair and whether you've got a pixie or floor length hair, they treat your hair with respect.

Animae
September 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I think I'm asking what madora answered, that they dry it on rollers, as opposed to blowfrying or flat ironing. I should go look at their web site again and see what is there.

Thank you for the response :)

Mesmerise
September 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I don't think GM salons will shape layers for you; I know they won't cut layers into your hair. The GM philosophy is specifically against layers, as I've stated, quoting form their own literature.
Best call ahead to ask if they will shape re-existing layers.

This is one thing that sort of bothers me about their philosophy. Now personally I don't have layers right now (at least not deliberate ones...the regrown shed hairs have made their own :p), but I think saying "all long hair should be blunt cut" is...well... a little unreasonable! Hair can look great with layers! I may end up getting layers again in the future when my hair's thickened back to normal (only really long layers though and maybe some face framing ones), because I think it looks a little better wearing my hair loose when it's layered (a conclusion I've recently come to).

I also disagree with the idea that having hair different lengths makes your hair shed (or whatever). One length hair IS all different lengths!! There is a difference of 13" between my underneath hair and the longest hair at the front, and that's simply BECAUSE it's all the same length. If I had layers, the hair on the top would be closer in length to the underneath hair.

But all that being said... I'd love to experience a GM treatment :) I'm sure what they do for the hair itself IS lovely, even if I don't agree with their stance on layers.

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
That experience sounds great! For some reason I thought they were more expensive than that so I never considered going. Now I think I'll check them out. I last cut my hair on the first of this year so perhaps I'll try to get to them in December or January. :)

Thank you so much for telling us about your trip. :)

Kapri
September 15th, 2011, 12:43 AM
StephanieB do they cut so that the hair is shaped around the front, from the chin say? Or are you looking at a cut which falls straight down effectively and then gently shaped or blunt cut on the hemline? I guess in the latter case, for people with different face shapes, it is flattering depending on styling and the way you dress your hair.

And are the large rollers they use available commercially?

I was in the hairdressers yesterday in the city where I live, and a very busy glamorous woman came in for a style and had huge pin curls which were then carefully allowed to set and dry. She looked gorgeous with lovely waves as she left! I think, from memory, that her hair was lightly layered to get that effect, that said.

I'm growing my layers down at the moment because my hair is so fine. Even with it all grown out I think it will look a little layered because of new growth and its fine texture. I love the idea of one length and am going to experiment with that, but with a long, oblongish face, I need some help with face framing details otherwise, however, thick and well conditioned, my face looks a bit dragged down. It's a balancing act.

Kapri

Sweetie
September 15th, 2011, 12:44 AM
thank you so much for all the info!!

StephanieB
September 15th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I think I'm asking what madora answered, that they dry it on rollers, as opposed to blowfrying or flat ironing. I should go look at their web site again and see what is there.

Thank you for the response :)
I didn't see a blowfryer, or a flat iron, or a curling iron in the place.

In my hair's case, she just put the big hood dryer over my head (only ambient temp air - not hot hair), reached in under the bonnet edge and softly scrunched my hair up at my scalp for a few minutes, 'til my hair was mostly dry. My hair dries very quickly, being thin.

I did see large and jumbo rollers on other clients... just not on my head. I don't have very long hair, yet, and it's quite thin and baby-fine. My hair is past APL but still about an inch and a half shy of BSL.

StephanieB
September 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
This is one thing that sort of bothers me about their philosophy. Now personally I don't have layers right now (at least not deliberate ones...the regrown shed hairs have made their own :p), but I think saying "all long hair should be blunt cut" is...well... a little unreasonable! Hair can look great with layers! I may end up getting layers again in the future when my hair's thickened back to normal (only really long layers though and maybe some face framing ones), because I think it looks a little better wearing my hair loose when it's layered (a conclusion I've recently come to).

I also disagree with the idea that having hair different lengths makes your hair shed (or whatever). One length hair IS all different lengths!! There is a difference of 13" between my underneath hair and the longest hair at the front, and that's simply BECAUSE it's all the same length. If I had layers, the hair on the top would be closer in length to the underneath hair.

But all that being said... I'd love to experience a GM treatment :) I'm sure what they do for the hair itself IS lovely, even if I don't agree with their stance on layers.
They are entitled to their philosophy, just as you are entitled to yours.

You are free to choose if you prefer to have layers or go to GM salon. :)

Heck, if you forgo a haircut, you can go to the GM salon for a treatment.
Just don't expect them to cut your layers, or to cut layers into your hair for you; they won't.

StephanieB
September 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM
That experience sounds great! For some reason I thought they were more expensive than that so I never considered going. Now I think I'll check them out. I last cut my hair on the first of this year so perhaps I'll try to get to them in December or January. :)

Thank you so much for telling us about your trip. :)
I found their prices to be less than many Manhattan salons, even less than a number of northern NJ salons... and well worth the money!

Even hubby feels I got our money's worth. He liked it there. And they were teasing him about becoming a stylist there, since he braids my hair for me at home.

StephanieB
September 15th, 2011, 10:24 AM
StephanieB do they cut so that the hair is shaped around the front, from the chin say? Or are you looking at a cut which falls straight down effectively and then gently shaped or blunt cut on the hemline? I guess in the latter case, for people with different face shapes, it is flattering depending on styling and the way you dress your hair.

And are the large rollers they use available commercially?

I was in the hairdressers yesterday in the city where I live, and a very busy glamorous woman came in for a style and had huge pin curls which were then carefully allowed to set and dry. She looked gorgeous with lovely waves as she left! I think, from memory, that her hair was lightly layered to get that effect, that said.

I'm growing my layers down at the moment because my hair is so fine. Even with it all grown out I think it will look a little layered because of new growth and its fine texture. I love the idea of one length and am going to experiment with that, but with a long, oblongish face, I need some help with face framing details otherwise, however, thick and well conditioned, my face looks a bit dragged down. It's a balancing act.

Kapri
I stood up for my dusting trim; Iris was behind me the whole time. She didn't come in front of me to trim. Is that what you're asking?
What reason would a stylist have to come cut in front of one's face if the client has no bangs or layers? They do not cut bangs or layers into people's hair.

I didn't examine the rollers closely, since we weren't using them on my head. I only recall normal-looking jumbo rollers on some ladies' heads. Sorry I can't help you more than that.

I keep saying this: Don't expect layers -light or otherwise. GM salons do not do layers. At all. Period. It's right in their own literature.

ssjhotau2
September 15th, 2011, 10:55 AM
That salon sounds wonderful- lol too bad I live on the other side of the country in small town no-where :p
That braid is quite pretty

Kapri
September 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks StephanieB,

Sp sorry to pester with questions but I had read that they shaped the hemline and in my case there are layers in the hair still and it is relatively short so something has to be done with the front. But nevermind, I can see that their philosophy would not involve dealing with that in the long term.

This has been a very helpful discussion even if it does feel like you are repeating yourself!
Kapri

Madora
September 15th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks StephanieB,

Sp sorry to pester with questions but I had read that they shaped the hemline and in my case there are layers in the hair still and it is relatively short so something has to be done with the front. But nevermind, I can see that their philosophy would not involve dealing with that in the long term.

This has been a very helpful discussion even if it does feel like you are repeating yourself!
Kapri

The GM folks don't "shape the hairline per se (they don't cut layers, etc). They blunt cut the ends of your hair in a slight U shape. Mr. George Michael believed in the motto that one length hair had "the power"..i.e. it looked full, healthy and vibrant, and judging from the many 8 x 10 photos adorning the wall (back in the 1990s) his clients had wonderful hair, whether they were armpit length or past waist.

Kapri
September 15th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Madora,

Thank you Madora! My guess is the by the time I get there the layer at the front will have grown down to 2 inches below chin length. So they may simply dust the ends or leave it.

I do love the sound of this place and their approach. The thought of having hair in optimal condition and as thick as possible appeals greatly after years of compicated layering!

x

Madora
September 15th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Madora,

Thank you Madora! My guess is the by the time I get there the layer at the front will have grown down to 2 inches below chin length. So they may simply dust the ends or leave it.

I do love the sound of this place and their approach. The thought of having hair in optimal condition and as thick as possible appeals greatly after years of compicated layering!

x

You're welcome, Kapri!

The GM salon welcomes all long hairs, especially those trying to either restore their hair to its natural state or growing it long. You don't need to have long hair to get in the door!

They're very knowledgeable and will be more than happy to guide you thru the steps of reaching your long hair goal. They don't "talk down" to you either..or try and "sell" you their line of products (at least, they didn't do it to me). Everyone is very pleasant and I'm sure you'll enjoy the entire experience.

It was such bliss having my hair done by people who I trusted and who treated it gently. If you go, please share your experiences (and pics!). I had planned on a long anticipated visit last month (after 17 years absence) but a horrid sinus infection made the trip impossible. I KNOW you'll love it there!

Kapri
September 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Madora,

Sounds wonderful and I will certainly report back when I go ..likely to be in the new year though. I've just had a very thorough trim here in my city!

Ahh.. how frustrating to be thwarted by illness last month.I hope you get to go there soon and that you'll also report back.

Kapri x