PDA

View Full Version : My friend is taking my hair advice!

WinterButterfly
September 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
I have a friend and she is a little older but seems so youthfull. She has a bad habbit of 3am self hair cuts when she gets annoyed. But she let me cut it today and is taking advice from me on how to make it nicer. I am in the process of cutting out random weird layers. This will take a few months because I'm not planning on making her bald. I'm trying to get her to grow out her salt and pepper hair. I would advise her to color it a medium brown color, but her eyebrows are stark blond and it wouldn't match up so well. But I think her natural greys would look so nice on her. She is growing out her bangs and starting to show off her nice forehead. She is afraid of feeling old. But the blond color is causing damage. She is such a sweet lady, and I am having fun playing with her hair. I think that I can get her to grow her hair longer too. She just needs to keep a few layers to soften up her face. It is fun being given almost free reign with somebody elses appearance. I feel like when I had high school buddies and got to give them makeovers.

I wonder though if anybody has some good advice about color? I want to avoid causing damage, but I want her to still feel comfortable with herself.

Does anyone else have a friend that let's you decide what do do with their hair? If so, what do you do with it?

sibiryachka
September 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
What's the natural color of her non-white hairs? I'm wondering whether cassia would be helpful - good for overall condition, and would tone the white hairs to blonde for a highlight-y effect.