PDA

View Full Version : Summer growth!

Fee
June 29th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry if there is a thread already regarding this topic :p Since it is summer, I've been taking extra care of my hair, I try to keep it up 100% of the day and I use more oils because it's really dry, I have noticed a slight growth spurt recently (I haven't measured yet) , but I definitely see it, about 5-6weeks ago I wasn't sure if I was hip length and now my hair is a little bit past the top of my hips, my hair usually grows about 0.4-0.7" a month, so could the reason for the growth spurt be magic summer or maybe the fact I'm keeping it up more? Does your hair grow faster during summer? If this is a fact, can someone explain me why it is so? I'm quite curious about it, thanks ;)

spidermom
June 29th, 2008, 05:50 PM
It seems to me that my hair grows fastest in the autumn and spring. Last summer my hair grew only about 3/4 of an inch for the entire season.

harpgal
June 29th, 2008, 05:55 PM
For me...yes! My hair definitely grows faster in the summer. Case in point. (http://www.sbrjournal.net/currentissue/articles/Hair/Hairgrowth.htm)

jojo
June 29th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I dont know when my hair grows fastest as ive only really been monitoring it since Aug.

I know a lot say the warmer weather is why, but my theory is longer days, more light.