PDA

View Full Version : how do you "plunk" when you have bangs? :-P

archel
September 1st, 2011, 05:03 PM
I just thought of this - I don't do it all the time, but how do I "plunk" if I want to go wavy and still have my nice styled bangs? Do I blow the bangs out and then plunk the rest of my wet hair? Or plunk and do it after? Wouldn't that maybe make them stick straight up? *LOL*

Help me fellow not-wavy-not-curly girls n' boys

StormVixen
September 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM
I would "plop"(plunk) then blow-dry... but... I've never had a fringe (bangs) so what do I know :P

archel
September 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
I think I'll try this first, I mean if they get completely messed up I suppose I could re-wet them?

MychelleC
September 1st, 2011, 05:29 PM
Could you plunk the rest of your hair but leave the bangs out and dry them with the blower? That might work.

terryn
September 2nd, 2011, 01:44 AM
I still plop regardless of my dreads, because it's the most comfortable way for me to wear a towel, lol. I never bother to mess with my bangs pre-plopping, but all I do to style them is wet them with a comb and comb them straight down. My bangs don't stick out all over the place when I take them out of the towel usually.

oktobergoud
September 2nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
Eh.. what is 'plopping/plunking'? :P

Aredhel77
September 2nd, 2011, 03:26 AM
Eh.. what is 'plopping/plunking'? :P

It's a way of more quickly towel-drying wavy/curly hair so the waves and curls are enhanced:

http://www.wikihow.com/Plop-Your-Hair

:blossom: hth :)

ETA: this how-to uses what looks like an old t-shirt to 'plop' the hair. You can use a towel but some people say a cotton cloth-like material is less abrasive on the hair.