PDA

View Full Version : Today I arrived home to a nice surprise

Yame
September 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM
There was an envelope on the table addressed to me. I opened it, and there were 4 pairs of hairsticks inside, attached to a card!

The only hairstick I've ever ordered already arrived a few days ago.

What was this all about? I opened the card, and it was from a fellow dancer and distant friend... who has seen me post all my bun attempts on Facebook. In the card, she says she used to have to wear a lot of updos at her old job, but that I can put them to good use now.

I'm very happy! They are very cute. Longer than my usual ones, which is nice for variety. The latest one I got is shorter than my usual ones, so now I have hairsticks of varying lengths.

This woman is a sweetheart, very kind and thoughtful. This has made my day!

racrane
September 1st, 2011, 03:48 PM
Aw, how kind of her! Makes me happy to hear things like that. :)

Alvrodul
September 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM
What a wonderful surprise - and even if you describe this woman as a distant friend, this certainly proves she is a good friend!!:D

Honestwitness
September 1st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Thamks for sharing this random act of kindness. If you're able, we'd love to see pics.

Gumball
September 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
That's a wonderfully kind thing for her to do! What a great surprise. I'm sure you'll definitely put them to good use. :agree:

Yame
September 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
She certainly is a good friend! I think the fact that we aren't close just emphasizes how amazing she is.

I just meant by "distant" that she isn't someone I speak to or see regularly, but she is certainly someone I would trust and land a hand to. She has given me wonderful opportunities in the past, and continues to. Maybe she is my fairy godmother? :D

I must thank her somehow!

Juneii
September 1st, 2011, 04:11 PM
That is very sweet of her! It makes me happy to know there are kind and selfless people out there.

spitfire511
September 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM
WOW - there's a great surprise! You should post pics! :D

McFearless
September 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thats so cute. Very nice of her :) Maybe she can give you updo ideas too?

xoerincolleen
September 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Ooh, that is so nice! There is nothing better than someone doing something unexpected & nice for you. :)

julierockhead
September 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
I have found the best way to thank wonderful people like your friend is to emulate her, and tell her about it. Surprise someone like she did you - and tell her about it, and how you were inspired by her.:grouphug:

EricaLee83
September 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
What a thoughtful friend you have! Any pics??

caiti42
September 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
How lovely. It's reading things like this that make me all happy and warm and fuzzy :)

embee
September 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Ahhh! Someone who pays attention! What a treat. :)

SusanSt
September 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM
What a thoughtful thing for her to do, and a great surprise for you to come home to. Show us a picture with them in your hair!

gthlvrmx
September 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
What a wonderful surprise - and even if you describe this woman as a distant friend, this certainly proves she is a good friend!!:D
Well said!! :) This is what counts :)

InTheCity
September 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
Aw, how kind of her! Makes me happy to hear things like that. :)

Me too, such a sweet surprise.

And racrane, I LOVE your hair in your signature pic. That's my new goal :D

bluesnowflake
September 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
wow! that's such a nice thing for her to do.

gracenotes
September 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
What a lovely surprise!! Reading this definitely brightened my day. :)

Megz
September 1st, 2011, 07:15 PM
That's so sweet. Gotta love moments like those.

battles
September 1st, 2011, 07:19 PM
That was sweet of her. :)

ericthegreat
September 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
That was so thoughtful of her! What a sweetheart. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her as a "distant" friend if I were you, she really seems like good company.

Rusticular
September 1st, 2011, 07:52 PM
That's so lovely! Put them to good use, haha.

Not hair related, but somewhat similar.. I've been collecting MLP for years now, member of the online collectors community, so on and so forth. I woke up one morning a couple of years ago to a box from all the way over in the UK I'd no clue was coming, opened it up, and inside was a huge styling pony. The woman had written the loveliest note(which I still have, haha) explaining she'd seen my mention of not having been able to find them over here, so picked one up for me, out of the kindess of her heart. Talk about warm fuzzies!

Yame
September 1st, 2011, 09:10 PM
That was so thoughtful of her! What a sweetheart. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her as a "distant" friend if I were you, she really seems like good company.

I don't say "distant" in a dismissive manner... I just mean that we are not always in close contact. She is certainly someone I would trust even more so than some friends with whom I speak much more often.

I did take a pic of the sticks still attached to the card, but haven't had the time to do anything with them yet. Here it is:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7449/33388210150794136480118.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/33388210150794136480118.jpg/)

Megz
September 2nd, 2011, 01:02 AM
Very pretty. I like them all, but especially the twisty ones. Lucky!

EtherealOde
September 2nd, 2011, 01:33 AM
Very pretty sticks, and such a welcome gift. You really do need to pay this random act of kindness forward in some way. It's a karma thing, don't let it die with her gift to you.

LadyCelestina
September 2nd, 2011, 02:44 AM
Aw, how kind of her! Makes me happy to hear things like that.

I second this :)

Yame
September 2nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Very pretty sticks, and such a welcome gift. You really do need to pay this random act of kindness forward in some way. It's a karma thing, don't let it die with her gift to you.

I don't believe in karma, but I do believe in returning favors and kindness regardless of the possible result. So you can be sure that I will!

Little_Bird
September 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
That is such a nice surprise! This is a very kind lady indeed :) Where I live in very hard to find hairsticks in general, and when you do they are very low quality...

Enjoy your news hairsticks :D