PDA

View Full Version : creaclip

Slinks
August 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM
I had a member ask me about the creaclip and what I thought of it .. I had mentioned here on these boards that I had bought one .. I will copy and paste my answer here for those of you who are curious ..

for those of you who have one, can you chip in on your opinions and also how your levels work ..

the creaclip .. no, it doesn't come with a dvd, there are tutorials on the site tho .. that said, yes, I have used it and I LOVE the concept of it .. there is one small problem with this and I wrote to them and told them about it, they were going to send me out replacements BUT .. okay small problem first, the levels are very slow moving, in fact the bubble just doesn't seem to move at all unless I jerk it from one side to the other and by then all the hair between the clip that is going to be cut is not in the clip .. hubby thinks that the oil is too thick for our southern hemisphere - so what we did was unscrew the thing that holds the level and got a new level to fit in .. they are easy to buy

So, all in a nut shell, yes, great idea and works well, well worth the $30 I paid for never having to go to the salon again .. weather the oil is too thick period or too thick for our southern hemisphere, we'll never know .. the leveler is easy to replace, here in the land of Oz anyway ..

Mesmerise
August 31st, 2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for your review! I wonder if that is true about the oil not working in the Southern Hemisphere (??) Maybe it's true, but I can't think of a good explanation for it :D.

One thing I've always wondered is how easy is it to trim your own hair with the Creaclip? I mean... You've got to attach it at the back of your head, and then move it somehow to the front to trim? I get that it would be easy enough if there was someone else to trim it for you...but I wouldn't trust my kids to do it :p.

At the moment I use Feye's method, but I like the idea of using the Creaclip because I would assume it would overall give me a better line than I currently get!

dulce
August 31st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Very interesting!Where did you find a new leveler?Am thinking of buying one and am asking just in case.

Mesmerise
August 31st, 2011, 10:12 PM
Very interesting!Where did you find a new leveler?Am thinking of buying one and am asking just in case.

I would assume you'd be able to find them in hardware stores.

NightOwl26
August 31st, 2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the post! I've been thinking about getting one too.

Slinks
August 31st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Mesmerise :-) I cheated DH cut my hair for me :lol:

definately from the hardware store Dulce

Memerise, they do have clips on the creaclip site of them cutting their own hair, bringing all the hair around to the front, over the shoulders and cutting - also there is one that flips her hair over and cuts that way .. they were happy to replace them when I bought it up but then we sort of thought about the southern hemisphere thing it was easier to just buy new levels and still be worth it .. for me :-)

http://www.creaclip.com/

AcornMystic
September 1st, 2011, 12:02 AM
Wonderful! I was wondering how the Creaclip measured up with LHCers. I first stumbled on a video of the Creaclip on Youtube when looking up on ways to do layers at home, quite a while before LHC, and I was thinking of getting myself one because it seemed so revolutionary and just thinking of the money I could save and being in control of my own hair was a real attention getter.

It's harder to tell if someone is wearing extensions if they have layers, since it's easier to hide them, so these days I am less inclined to have layers with the idea I'll be asked less if they are extensions and long hairdos will be easier to keep contained. So, if I was to buy one it would just be to keep my ends maintained bluntly. Perhaps I will still get one for the future, for when my hair gets a bit longer.

Thanks for the review! :D

julliams
September 1st, 2011, 12:12 AM
I bought mine on ebay. It's the same clip made for the japanese market. I haven't used it as yet because a)my daughter decided she wanted layers so now it's a whole other ballgame and b) I don't know how I could but my own hair and I'm not getting my husband to do it.

I think I only paid about $10 or so to get it over here so you definitely don't need to spend alot of money getting one to Australia.

I must try to work out a way to use it myself - hmmm...

ravenreed
September 1st, 2011, 01:50 AM
I have one and I like it. One of the photos on the Creaclip site shows how I do it. I pull all my hair over my head and forward so it is where my bangs would be. I attach the level on the inside so I can see it and once everything is level and where it should be, I trim away.

vanity_acefake
September 1st, 2011, 01:55 AM
I got mine on eBay. Paid £3.00!
I use the small one most to cut my daughter and my fringes. Am going to trim her length with the big one soon.
Fantastic invention.
:)

archel
September 1st, 2011, 06:48 AM
This is going to sound dorky as all get out, but smart phones usually have a level app. I have one on my iPhone and use it for hanging pictures, etc. :)

Dogbones
September 1st, 2011, 07:05 AM
is the creaclip only good for doing layers? How would I do a blunt cut by myself? I always end up with the front being shorter then the back, I was thinking about getting one of those if you could do a blunt cut, I tried the ponytail method for blunting and ended up with hair short in the back. thanks

UltraBella
September 1st, 2011, 07:15 AM
Wonderful! I was wondering how the Creaclip measured up with LHCers. I first stumbled on a video of the Creaclip on Youtube when looking up on ways to do layers at home, quite a while before LHC, and I was thinking of getting myself one because it seemed so revolutionary and just thinking of the money I could save and being in control of my own hair was a real attention getter.

It's harder to tell if someone is wearing extensions if they have layers, since it's easier to hide them, so these days I am less inclined to have layers with the idea I'll be asked less if they are extensions and long hairdos will be easier to keep contained. So, if I was to buy one it would just be to keep my ends maintained bluntly. Perhaps I will still get one for the future, for when my hair gets a bit longer.

Thanks for the review! :D

is the creaclip only good for doing layers? How would I do a blunt cut by myself? I always end up with the front being shorter then the back, I was thinking about getting one of those if you could do a blunt cut, I tried the ponytail method for blunting and ended up with hair short in the back. thanks

Be very careful using this for layers. What type of layers you want is very important. It is impossible to get my layers, for example, from a creaclip.

summergame
May 12th, 2016, 03:14 AM
I am curious about this one. They tell that you can cut your own hair with it but they use it at the back. How can you do thay by your own because there is an level in to see if you cut strait?

pinutzz
May 12th, 2016, 05:32 AM
I have a creaclip and my husband cuts my hair with it. I can't do it by myself. But with a helping hand it turns out really well.

copperlites
May 12th, 2016, 05:49 AM
I have a creaclip and my husband cuts my hair with it. I can't do it by myself. But with a helping hand it turns out really well.
Yes my husband does mine too with a Crea Clip and even when I go to
the Salon for my colour, they can't fault it.

lapushka
May 12th, 2016, 06:18 AM
I am curious about this one. They tell that you can cut your own hair with it but they use it at the back. How can you do thay by your own because there is an level in to see if you cut strait?

It's basically the same principle as Feye's method, except in this case you have a "ruler". My mom tried it with that, but my hair is too thick to slide the damn thing down and shut it properly. Ugh. I'm glad I've got layers. :lol:

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I use it for the 'under the chin method'.

Looking ahead and using the small straight clip I get a soft U shape hemline

Complexity
May 12th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Is this the thing that was on Shark Tank last week?

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Yes! I saw the ad for it (don't watch the show) and wondered how they could sell it seeing it is already marketed....unless they are expanding? :hmm:
I have no clue about marketing :p

summergame
May 12th, 2016, 12:22 PM

My hair is now APL lenght so I can't do under the chin method right now b in the future :-)

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 12:26 PM
My hair is now APL lenght so I can't do under the chin method right now b in the future :-)

I did it at APL....looking in the mirror :wink:

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Duplicate post sorry...;(

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 12:51 PM

I know I have asked you this a thousand times, GG, so sorry about that... but do you slide the blue Creaclip down the length in front of you or do you just hold the hair under your chin with the blue creaclip snugly holding there and then just clip the ends at the bottom of the length? thanks! Also is your head positioned straight or chin down to your chest?

ETA to combine both posts..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFlPR2JlB8

I just found this video for layering, and it looks exactly like the same procedure as using the Creaclip for layers... except she uses a hairtie. I think this is also the same as the compact cut, lapushka? Thanks!

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I know I have asked you this a thousand times, GG, so sorry about that... but do you slide the blue Creaclip down the length in front of you or do you just hold the hair under your chin with the blue creaclip snugly holding there and then just clip the ends at the bottom of the length? thanks! Also is your head positioned straight or chin down to your chest?

I secure both sides under my chin in the middle with a hair tie (looking ahead as I do that), and making sure both sides are combed well in the same direction.
Then I add the clip, level it, and slide it down to where I want to cut.

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I secure both sides under my chin in the middle with a hair tie (looking ahead as I do that), and making sure both sides are combed well in the same direction.
Then I add the clip, level it, and slide it down to where I want to cut.

Thank you so much for the bajillionith time. :blossom:

And also thank you lapushka for your thoughtful pm that included the "how to compact cut" for dummies ... lol..

Now I am ready for the inevitable trim... hopefully not until next year but it can't hurt to think ahead...;) Pun intended. hehe...:toast:

summergame
May 12th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I did it at APL....looking in the mirror :wink:

But my hair does not reach chin right now if I comb it forwards :P. I think I will ask my BF to cut it because the ends are really crispy and I love a U shape.

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 01:26 PM
But my hair does not reach chin right now if I comb it forwards :P. I think I will ask my BF to cut it because the ends are really crispy and I love a U shape.

So are you parting your hair down the center through the center back, and then brushing each side over each shoulder and then brushing each side down? APL should be long enough to connect the two sides under your chin. If not, maybe let your hair grow for a couple more months to grow one more inch in length for reaching purposes. :/

summergame
May 12th, 2016, 01:36 PM
So are you parting your hair down the center through the center back, and then brushing each side over each shoulder and then brushing each side down? APL should be long enough to connect the two sides under your chin. If not, maybe let your hair grow for a couple more months to grow one more inch in length for reaching purposes. :/

Ok I think I am a bit stupid :P. I thought that you have to comb your hair over your face and then you have to reach under your chin but the method that you describe must work for me. I've ordered a fake Creaclip and hope it works out! Thank you both :)

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Thank you so much for the bajillionith time. :blossom:

Now I am ready for the inevitable trim... hopefully not until next year but it can't hurt to think ahead...;) Pun intended. hehe...:toast:
No problem!
LOL....you may get bit by the trim bug earlier :wink:

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 02:03 PM
No problem!
LOL....you may get bit by the trim bug earlier :wink:

LOL!! I read somewhere that you wish bad luck if you cut/trim your hair. A couple of weeks ago, I trimmed my bangs (letting those grow back now.. gaaaaaaaaaah) anyways, my son had a really tough week at work.. so not going to risk that again...:(

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 02:06 PM
LOL!! I read somewhere that you wish bad luck if you cut/trim your hair. A couple of weeks ago, I trimmed my bangs (letting those grow back now.. gaaaaaaaaaah) anyways, my son had a really tough week at work.. so not going to risk that again...:(

:hmm: I didn't trim....and my week sucked :p lol

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Ok I think I am a bit stupid :P. I thought that you have to comb your hair over your face and then you have to reach under your chin but the method that you describe must work for me. I've ordered a fake Creaclip and hope it works out! Thank you both :)

Oh!! The brushing your hair down from nape over your crown and then over your face and then cutting puts layers into your hair instead of GG's even hemline which she does by just brushing the sides and back evenly down over each shoulder. ||O|| or O// Not sure where the // is on the keyboard that goes in the opp direction... lol

And trust me.. You are not stupid... there are so many confusing directions for hair self cutting... as you can see, I am always bugging lapushka and GG for detailed reminders... No worries summergame!! :)

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 02:08 PM
:hmm: I didn't trim....and my week sucked :p lol

LOL... too funny.. hugs..

By the way, could you please correct my instructions below with a better diagram...for summergame below? Thank you GG!! ;)

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 02:12 PM

By the way, could you please correct my instructions below with a better diagram...for summergame below? Thank you GG!! ;)

Thanks...it's better now; c'est la vie :wink:

Oh!! The brushing your hair down from nape over your crown and then over your face and then cutting puts layers into your hair instead of GG's even hemline which she does by just brushing the sides and back evenly down over each shoulder. ||O|| or O// Not sure where the // is on the keyboard that goes in the opp direction... lol

Oh sure ~
Comb to the front ||O||....then to the center under your chin \\O//

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 02:21 PM

Oh sure ~

Right on! Thanks a milllion!! :happydance:

summergame
May 12th, 2016, 02:26 PM

Oh sure ~

Thank you so much :flower:

summergame
May 12th, 2016, 02:28 PM

Thank you for explaining it! :flower:

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Right on! Thanks a milllion!! :happydance:

Thank you so much :flower:
You're welcome!
Every little bit we can help to make the journey easy and fun is fine by me :thumbsup:
I can never repay you all for your support and inspiration the past 3 years ~ it has been a real joy :flowers:

Good luck summergame :cheer:

LongCurlyTress
May 12th, 2016, 02:46 PM
You're welcome!
Every little bit we can help to make the journey easy and fun is fine by me :thumbsup:
I can never repay you all for your support and inspiration the past 3 years ~ it has been a real joy :flowers:

Good luck summergame :cheer:

All I can say GG is I am so glad we are friends. You are the bestest!! :smooch:

And summergame, we would love to see some action pics if you decide to go forward with a self trim... ;) We know all too well how scary this can be.... but we always have better results with the final length than having someone else cut our hair for us. Gotta love all that control! ;) Once you get your confidence up, then the real challenge is to not pick up those convenient scissors and trim some more... hehe.... it gets waaay too easy, so we have learned to go hide our scissors. ;)

Groovy Granny
May 12th, 2016, 02:48 PM
All I can say GG is I am so glad we are friends. You are the bestest!! :smooch:

And summergame, we would love to see some action pics if you decide to go forward with a self trim... ;) We know all too well how scary this can be.... but we always have better results with the final length than having someone else cut our hair for us. Gotta love all that control! ;) Once you get your confidence up, then the real challenge is to not pick up those convenient scissors and trim some more... hehe.... it gets waaay too easy, so we have learned to go hide our scissors. ;)

Thank you LCT ~ me too! :flowers:

Oh yes :agree: ....we love pics :popcorn: lol

summergame
May 13th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I will post pictures as soon as I decide to cut it and when I receive the creaclip. :)

Groovy Granny
May 13th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I will post pictures as soon as I decide to cut it and when I receive the creaclip. :)

Great :thumbsup:

Just take your time and snip a little at a time; you'll be fine:cheer:

LittleHealthy
September 7th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Has anyone had a bad experience using these clips to trim their hemline? I don’t want to trim yet but may at the end of the year to even up my hem before a no-trim 2019 challenge. Is the creaclip (or knock-off versions) worth using?

Lizabeth94
September 7th, 2018, 02:32 PM
I have a set, they work pretty well especially for a haircut with no layers. If you use the clip to layer its good to just go back over it and make sure its all blended well!

LittleHealthy
September 8th, 2018, 04:45 AM
I have a set, they work pretty well especially for a haircut with no layers. If you use the clip to layer its good to just go back over it and make sure its all blended well!

Thankyou for responding! My aim is to have no layers (thin, fine hair) so perhaps it would work for me. My only concern is that I may struggle to clip it into the correct position by myself!

Twig
September 8th, 2018, 08:55 AM
I really like mine. I've used both clips, using each one once for a total of two trims. My long-term goal is to eliminate layers (BIG mistake for my thick, fine hair) and obtain a slight U-shaped hemline.

lapushka
September 8th, 2018, 04:35 PM
I really like mine. I've used both clips, using each one once for a total of two trims. My long-term goal is to eliminate layers (BIG mistake for my thick, fine hair) and obtain a slight U-shaped hemline.

Can I ask a question. Does your hair (iii) fit into the big white one, because I could never seem to close mine on my hair. :confused:

Fimu
August 22nd, 2020, 08:20 AM
Bumping this because I also wonder if the Creaclip fits with iii density hair.

mermaid lullaby
August 24th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Bumping this because I also wonder if the Creaclip fits with iii density hair.

Yes, I can fit all my hair in the creaclip easily and secure the clip without difficulty.
I have a ponytail that's 4.5 - 5 inch thick, depending when I washed my hair.
The creaclip is actually longer than I thought, it's about 11 inches long with the clip secured. The inside, where the hair goes, is about 10.5 inches.
I can put my fingers through the middle, so it's somewhat flexible, about 1 inch give.
When I slide the creaclip, I don't feel any pain and it seems to keep the hair uniformily secured.
It's slightly curved- like a shallow curved line.

Some thoughts.
1) The leveler(the thing with the bubble). I, dont know what to think of it. To my eyes the creaclip looks tilted to me, one side is higher than the other. I might play around with it and compare it with another leveler. I don't believe the creaclip is shaped weird because the ends do line up together if I have it resting on a table. I'll have to fix it somehow.
2) For thick hair, I think a razer does better than scissors for a beginner, who doesn't have experience cutting hair.
3) I had someone else cut my hair, and I wanted to see what it looked like with one swipe of a Razer. I watched the advertizements and I compared it to myself. I can now say, that's exactly how it turned out. I was worried of long pieces and short pieces and that didn't happen! I think it looks way better than the hairstylist I had, at a walk in salon, and looks just as good as my professional hairstylist.
4) It took 1 second, with one glide of a razor. I'm shocked that a good looking haircut is possible to do at home and under 3 seconds.

Conclusion, wow......

Lady Stardust
August 24th, 2020, 10:19 AM
mermaid lullaby I’ve read quite a few people say that the leveller doesn’t work. Groovy Granny experimented with it and I think she said it was straight when the bubble was all the way over to one side.

It probably varies from clip to clip. I’m sure it’s a great tool, and all you have to do with judge it by eye rather than rely on the level.