PDA

View Full Version : Removing oil with a bandanna

proo
August 31st, 2011, 06:17 PM
Lately I've been stoking my flipped over hair from the nape to ends with a bandanna after I'm done combing it for the night (I'm W/O) - this is the traditionally oily part of my hair since my canopy is much drier -it's really sopping up the oil, much like a dry shampoo would.
FYI

ratgirldjh
August 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
I noticed something similar when I was doing WO. If I would rub my hair with the towel (usually I avoid doing this) at the roots esp. that my hair would be much less waxy. I also experimented with using a tangle teezer to brush my hair under water and it seemed to help a little. I read that vikings used to clean their hair by using a special fine tooth comb in the water so this may help - but I never tried it. Also I tried the washcloth method of stroking it down my hair during washing and it worked but seemed to be almost too cleansing and it was hard to get everywhere... it also felt like it was hard on my hair.

But I tried all these things with wet hair not dry. I remember my great grandmother using a piece of cheesecloth on her BBB to brush her hair when it was dirty and it did look better after she did it. So I guess the bandana works the same way! Cool!