PDA

View Full Version : How long does did it take?

ladonna
August 31st, 2011, 03:39 PM
To go from shoulder to waist?
Sorry about the odd spaces my keyboard is broken.

caiti42
August 31st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Well that really depends on how tall you are, how long your torso is, how fast your hair grows and how much damage you need to cut off along the way. Hair grows roughtly half an inch a month on average so if you measure between where you are and where you want to be you can do a rough calculation. For me it will take about another 1.5 years and I'm about an inch or two past APL. I'm very short but have a long torso.

Carolyn
August 31st, 2011, 04:25 PM
These threads might give you some info:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74771&highlight=shoulder+waist

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58355&highlight=shoulder+waist

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47645&highlight=shoulder+waist

ladonna
August 31st, 2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks ladies. My hair grows fast, about an inch a month and Ihave a really short torso. I'm guessing a 1.5 years.

Yame
August 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
It took me 2-3 years, but I don't know exactly because at the time I wasn't aiming for any specific point or watching for when my hair was reaching where.
My hair grows slowly, though...

Audhumla
August 31st, 2011, 05:00 PM
I'm between shoulder and APL now and I'm giving myself about two years to get to waist length which is my goal for now with an optimistic estimate of a little over 1.5 years. It'll be interesting to see how long it actually takes.

dulce
August 31st, 2011, 05:01 PM
It was close to 3 year,[had trims along the way,about 4 inches cut during the growth.

Zenity
August 31st, 2011, 05:07 PM
For me that was a whole year or so trimming only a inch at the time 2-4 times at the most, i think. Keeping my hair in a bun most of the times to avoid extra damage and grow healthy hair. But yes, depends on how tall you are and your personal references.
I have a really loooong neck, so for me takes a lot of patience going from chin to shoulders, but from shoulders to bra strap or bra length to waist grows fast.
My hair grows about an 1 and 1/2 inches, too. Now that I have grays I notice how incredibly (and annoyingly) fast grows.

Based on your observations on how fast it grows and measuring the distance from your actual length to desired one you can come up with a good stimate in time.

dulce
August 31st, 2011, 06:28 PM
I thought you meant from pixie to waist,didn't read it properly.From shoulders to waist,less than 2 years.

racrane
August 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
I'm APL and I'm guessing a year and a half. I'm 5'6". Short legs, long torso but fast growing hair.

Sweet_Decadence
August 31st, 2011, 07:17 PM
I'm growingf rom shoulder to waist. I'm one year in and my hair is currently BSL, I have pretty slow growth however, would be lucky to get half an inch per month and am 5'6" in height.

archel
August 31st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Probably 2 years for me. It took me a year to get to APL from past the chin. I think it will be a year to BSL and another year to waist, but I could be overestimating since I'm using castor oil.

Kricket
August 31st, 2011, 09:50 PM
I've been told my hair grows pretty fast, but I've never kept a close track. I went from chin-length to about an inch shy of belly-button (my version of waist =P) in three years. That said, I'm also a shorty -- 5'1" -- so "waist" is about 24 inches for me.

Becky Safari
August 31st, 2011, 10:13 PM
About 2 years

McFearless
August 31st, 2011, 10:19 PM
Measure how many inches you have between shoulder and waist. That number is how many months it will take if you don't trim or have any breakage. I can't say how long it took for me because I didn't steadily grow my hair.

MajorasMask
August 31st, 2011, 11:42 PM
Hey! :) that's the thread I started, the first linked one lol!
Well, after researching, and calculating, it will take me roughly two years :)

jeanniet
September 1st, 2011, 12:59 AM
It took me about 2 years to grow from chin to just waist, with a few dustings along the way. I'd say I grow somewhere between .5" and 1" a month on average.

Sweetie
September 1st, 2011, 01:29 AM
I'm almost at waist, and it took me 2 years and a half with a few inches cut in the meantime..

BunnyBee
September 1st, 2011, 02:32 AM
For me, 3 years almost. I am short but my hair grows slowly <_< I was trimming throughout that time though.

pink.sara
September 1st, 2011, 04:14 AM
[quote=McFearless;1761995]Measure how many inches you have between shoulder and waist. That number is how many months it will take if you don't trim or have any breakage.[quote]

I'd have to at least double this as my hair grows less than 1/2 and inch a month and also will need to be trimmed to maintain a blunt hemline.
So Waist at 36 inches, would take 6 years from bald, and 3 from shoulder. :(

I have taken a year to get from shoulder to APL, then it will be another year to BSL, so hopefully I'll be at waist by summer/xmas 2013!

kidari
September 1st, 2011, 04:21 AM
I have to trim, my torso is pretty long, but my hair grows fast so I'm guessing it would take me about 2 years.

Little_Bird
September 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hmm I think for me it took about 2 years and a half... I grew from pixie lenght and from there to waist it was a bout 4 years. Waist was probably the lenght I found harder to get to, after waist it seemed less time between lenghts...