PDA

View Full Version : receipt for thickening egg shampoo ?

jaquelines
August 31st, 2011, 09:19 AM
i tried several times to do an egg shampoo. i have used 2 eggs ( yolk and white ) , a bit of ACV and coconutmilk. put everything in a blender. problem ist - even though it should be enough for my hair which is not that long, there is not enough liquid and what i have is too thin, so I get into troubles distributing the mix through my hair. what would be a natural and moisturizing add-on to this mix, so that i can thicken it a bit and add something also to the quantity ?

Sundial
August 31st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Check in with kouran? I know she uses egg shampoo so both of you can probably exchange ideas. I'm not sure if the recipe that she uses gives a thicker consistency than what you already have though. Nonetheless, there's no harm just checking in for some tips :)

jaquelines
August 31st, 2011, 09:37 AM
thankx, PM`ed her.

kouran
August 31st, 2011, 09:58 AM
I only used eggs (3 yolks only - my sister used the whole eggs and her hair gained a strong egg smell and egg whites remains) to wash my hair once, since it's a protein treatment and my hair isn't particularly found of it, it gives nice volume, but it's harder to comb. I think Finoriel does it more than once a month, so if you have doubts about the egg washing frequency you can ask her for information.

On to your question: I was also bothered by the liquid consistency of it, even though I added a teaspoon of honey (it gave it a not eggy smell :) ), I tried to use it as if it was shampoo and massage it in my head, but it didn't work, so I just applied the liquid-ish thing to my hair. It cleaned my oiled hair well and it was very soft, I was quite surprised! :)

If it's still to liquid for you maybe you could try to add a tablespoon of honey. ;)

~BoHemiAngel~
August 31st, 2011, 10:33 AM
If you can find some, try adding a teaspoon or so of powdered Fenugreek seed (aka Methi, which you might be able to find at an Indian grocery). This works as a natural conditioner and adds great shine, and thickens the mixture, as well :D

I use a similar egg mixture on my hair about once a month, and sometimes it is still a little runny. I found that when I put the mix in a squeeze bottle applicator and applied a little at a time to parted sections of hair at the scalp, it was a lot easier to apply than trying to pour it out of a mug or bowl. Good luck!

jaquelines
August 31st, 2011, 12:14 PM
it happen that I have methi at home, so that`s a good idea. the thing is, I didn`t want to use something "heavy" to make sure the lecitin in the egg will work and will eliminate the dirt, oil, etc.

i will also try the honey , also a good thing to try.

jasp
August 31st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Try adding some Gram flour. It also helps in removing dirt

jaquelines
August 31st, 2011, 01:00 PM
would that be like baking soda, a cleansing agent ?