PDA

View Full Version : mane problems

clematis
August 31st, 2011, 04:33 AM
all that can be wrong with hair - i have it

loads of shedding (genetic & age)
dry rough frizzy (wrong products)
porus (hair-dying for years)

came across Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) products - more suitable than other products - very popular in Africa

tried Rain forest range of body shop - no sulfate - parabens etc. - total disaster.

i'm not yet ready to give up dying - henna is not for me - turns my hair orange - dry & brittle. want to swtich to powder hair dye - thinking of trying bigen - any advice? had used it before - no allergic reaction.

tried CWC & ACV rinse for the first time - feels better.

at present i'm using ORS -Aloe Creamy shampoo & replenishing conditoner - plan to get some more ORS products like hair fertilizer for falling hair etc. has anyone used it?

even used top end pureology products but those dry the hair as well.

if i oil heavily pre-shampoo i shed a lot - is it ok to oil lightly after shampoo? both scalp & length?

i stopped oiling because of shedding.

can egg be mixed with coconut oil? no good brands of EVOO available here. i find with egg i need less shampoo & just one wash is enough - otherwise with heavy oiling i have to use more shampoo & wash twice & more shedding.

any help / advice would be much appreciated!

kidari
August 31st, 2011, 04:42 AM
I use chemical dyes on my hair and adore products with lots of cones in it, in particular the hair conditioner that come in dye kits. Sally's carries one that comes in Feria dye, I *think* Clairol sells it separately now, but Sally's L'oreal Mega Moisture conditioner is awesome as well (comes in a huge yellow tub). I just make sure to clarify once a week or every two weeks. I had bleached highlights put in a month or so ago and my hair is definitely more damaged now in the ends and anything with shea butter seems to help better than oils now. Try looking into products containing shea butter or mix some up yourself (check out the thread on Fox's shea butter). Personally when I oil my hair I avoid the roots. For some reason oils on my scalp cause me to shed more. If you know something doesn't work for you, you know to avoid it and when trying new things take it slow. Don't do a ton of new and different things all at once. If my hair is being particularly bad I just clarify and do a deep conditioning and if it's really bad I do that after a dusting.

YepLilly
August 31st, 2011, 08:11 AM
Keep doing CWC and ACV, they help a lot!

For dry hair, you can try a deep moisturizing treatment like SMT, check it out here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

Madora
August 31st, 2011, 09:12 AM
Sounds like way too much stuff going on.

Also, a shampoo is meant to cleanse. A condition is meant to coat and protect.

Avoid "two in one" products for the health of your hair.

clematis
September 2nd, 2011, 03:46 AM
thanks kidari - that's very sound advice.

you hit the nail on it's head: when trying new things take it slow. Don't do a ton of new and different things all at once.

clematis
September 2nd, 2011, 03:47 AM
had posted a much longer reply but for some strange reason permission denied even tho i was logged in!

clematis
September 2nd, 2011, 03:55 AM
i keep getting logged out every minute! losing all replies

clematis
September 2nd, 2011, 03:57 AM
thanks lily & madora

will stick to CWC & COCONUT ON THE LENGTHS ONLY - VERY LIGHT! & NO NEW PRODUCTS!

clematis
September 2nd, 2011, 04:05 AM
will stick to ORS products

CWC & oiling

ACV felt good but later dried my hair & when i oiled lightly turned it greasy.

for dry damaged porus hair greasiness is a big no no

anyone else with similar problem with ACV?