PDA

View Full Version : Other than online, where can these items be purchased?

angelfell
August 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I want to grow my hair out virgin color, which will be easy seeing as the color of my length vs the 3 or so inches of natural color hair I have is only a few shades off. However, I have some sort of addiction to dye so.. I decided I'll distract myself by experimenting with hair stuff, particularly oils and whatnot. However, the only oil I've ever bought is Coconut Oil, which I learned I can buy at GNC.

So, I decided I'd like to purchase some, but I don't know where to go. I'd prefer not to buy online, merely because I'd prefer to shop around locally if I can :p. Specific store names aren't needed, even just store categories.. such as Heath Food stores, Indian/Asian Markets, etc.

Oh, I live in the USA by the way. Mid-Atlantic region.

Jojoba Oil
Argan Oil
Essential Oils (Particularly Lavendar, Rosemary, Geranium)
Castor Oil
Pure Aloe Vera Gel
Almond Oil

Yeah, most of them are oils. But, I've never seen anything on that list at WalMart or Target, the stores I typically frequent. We do have some specialty stores in the area but I've never visited any :p.

CurlyCap
August 30th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Does your region have a Whole Foods? That's about the only place near me. Sometimes Trader Joe's, but that's hit or miss.

Oddly, I've started seeing Tea Tree Oil at CVS. :O

angelfell
August 30th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Does your region have a Whole Foods? That's about the only place near me. Sometimes Trader Joe's, but that's hit or miss.

Oddly, I've started seeing Tea Tree Oil at CVS. :O

Aww, I did a Whole Foods locator.. closest one is 69.5 miles away >_<. Maybe if I'm visiting out of town?

The Trader Joe's is in the same city as the Whole Foods, so I assume another 69 miles away.. drat D:

Hmm.. we have plenty of CVS stores here.. I'll have to look :o. Thanks for your input, by the way. My city must be lame -__- No good shops :p.

ETA: My dad works in the town with the TJ and Whole Foods.. but he HATES shopping.. if only I could convince him to visit..

McFearless
August 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM
You can find castor oil at most drug stores in the laxative section. Rexall, Wal Mart, etc. Go to health food stores for essential oils. The common ones like peppermint, rosemary and lavender should be there. Pure 100&#37; argan oil you won't be able to find in stores most likely. You'll have to get that online. You can find hair products with argan oil in them however, at drug stores. Live Clean makes a good argan oil conditioner and leave in.

fairytalehair
August 30th, 2011, 11:00 PM
thank you!! you asked all my questions. i am looking for castor oil and pure argon oil.

terryn
August 30th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Almond Oil I've found at Kroger/Soopers... every thing else I've seen in health food stores, but I checked and none of the ones I visit are near you. Still, if you have some kind of natural health store in your area, I'd bet you could find it.

luvlaughlin
August 31st, 2011, 02:22 AM
The thing is that it's cheaper to get stuff like that on Amazon. The retail markup is so high and on Amazon you get a huge discount and you don't have to pay tax.

If you really need to buy local in the store than Whole Foods or Trader Joe's would be where to get it.

Or, if you have a friend that's a cosmetologist, you can ask them to get the products at wholesale stores like Armstrong McCall or Salon Centric/Maly's. I have a manicurist license so I shop wholesale most of the time.

Also, I use DermOrganic brand for argan oil.

Chetanlaiho
August 31st, 2011, 05:20 AM
Jojoba Oil and Essential Oils (Particularly Lavendar, Rosemary, Geranium) I have found both in 'nature' stores quite easily.

Castor Oil and Pure Aloe Vera Gel I have actually found in generic drugstores :)

BabyRay33
August 31st, 2011, 08:27 AM
Hey! I am in MD too....

Most of those oils can be found at any small organic food store...there has got to be one in Hagerstown....

I found one. Healthway Hagerstown

Store Location

13026 Pennsylvania AVE
Hagerstown MD, 21742

They will probably have some more options for you!

Carolyn
August 31st, 2011, 09:09 AM
Small health food stores will often order things for you. You might have to wait a bit. 69 miles? That's nothing. The closest mall is 65 miles for me. When you have a day off plan a trip out of town.

gretchen_hair
August 31st, 2011, 09:16 AM
I just did a quick search of health food stores in Hagerstown, MD.

http://www.google.com/search?q=health+food+store+hagerstown+md&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=

Maybe if you call the store that you want dad to shop at, ask them to have the items ready for checkout, maybe they will prepare it all and he can come in, checkout and leave?

angelfell
August 31st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the input guys! I'm glad I have a few health food stores nearby, when I get time ill just have to visit. Interestingly enough, I was at the Outlets today, and went into the Vitamin World just out of curiosity. i found tea tree oil and 99&#37; pure aloe vera (wonder why its not 100%?) . The smallest thing of the tea tree oil, though, was $7.99. I also found hyaluronic acid, which id been searching for for ages , but for the rumored 'limp plumping' affects :p . So, that was pretty cool!

I'll check out the shops you all mentioned for my town when I get paid, ill have to see what I can find :)

And gretchen_hair, I thought about it, but mom makes him go to Walmart like 4 days a week the poor man, I decided ill let him be and make my way out to gaithersburg some time :p