PDA

View Full Version : Etsy is gonna be the death of me!

archel
August 30th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Ok, so I had no idea why I kept seeing hair accessories also listed as shawl pins. What the heck? Then I went and did a google image search - OMG! HOW GORGEOUS some of these are worn on lovely hand knitted shawls and scarves.

With fall coming, I sense trouble coming for my wallet. OMG. Seriously. Now I want scarves AND hair pin/shawl pins...

Juneii
August 30th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Tell me about it. I find so many nice/cool/cute/beautiful things on Etsy. Have you taken a look at the handcrafted engagement rings? It has been my obsession lately. Some people are just so incredibly talented.

archel
August 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
With the talk of future marriage on the table with my BF and I, I am terrified to even look. O_O

kwaniesiam
August 30th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Learn to knit ;) Then the shawls and scarves are just the cost of yarn...not that yarn isn't pricey too sometimes :o

McFearless
August 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Get off that website right now!!

archel
August 30th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Aw, I would learn, but my hands take enough abuse (I am a full time medical transcriptionist AND I play the flute!)! Plus, on top of all this use I have arthritis...so I think another hand intensive activity would be a bad idea right now...sigh!

embee
August 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM
My bookmarks to etsy sites is longer than any other set of bookmarks I have. It's a problem!

... sigh...

Elph
August 30th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I love etsy - to those getting wedding thoughts I have fabric fortune cookies on there if your interested.

That said have a look at www.regretsy.com - warning it can be rather confronting but is full of some of the weard, wonderful and other handcrafts from etsy.

wvgemini
August 31st, 2011, 11:19 AM
Tell me about it. I find so many nice/cool/cute/beautiful things on Etsy. Have you taken a look at the handcrafted engagement rings? It has been my obsession lately. Some people are just so incredibly talented.
My engagement ring came from etsy. My wedding band will too :) As will DF's.
Etsy is a dangerous place, lol.

archel
August 31st, 2011, 12:00 PM
I favorited about 50 hair forks and sticks and barrettes on etsy last night. WHOA NELLY

Ardenlyn
August 31st, 2011, 12:35 PM
Here too....thanks to my personel enabler (giuditta) I got to know that site.
But I love it!

Kyla
August 31st, 2011, 12:42 PM
I love etsy - to those getting wedding thoughts I have fabric fortune cookies on there if your interested.

That said have a look at www.regretsy.com - warning it can be rather confronting but is full of some of the weard, wonderful and other handcrafts from etsy.

I love regretsy! :) I just bought the book recently, in fact.

Unofficial_Rose
August 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM

Oh thankyou for this. It is the new Cakewrecks go-to site for laughs for me now.

At least it will keep me away from the pink sappire earrings on Etsy. :eyebrows:

princessp
August 31st, 2011, 06:11 PM
Get off that website right now!!

Lol! Yeah nothing feeds my soul and steals my money faster than etsy. :p

purple dust
August 31st, 2011, 09:59 PM
I have always hated shawl pins. I thought they were for not sexy young ladies that resembled grandmas and just gave up on life, plus a nasty teacher of mine used them regularly...

... NOW I LOVE THEM!! How can they be so beautiful?? I specially like the "exotic inlay" in THE SHAW PIN STORE.

Really, why did you post? Now your ruining MY wallet also :)

archel
September 1st, 2011, 05:47 AM
LOL I know what you mean! Apparently, though, I have become an old lady! I like knitted shawls and old fashioned hair care and my friends even say I wear old lady perfume (I prefer the word vintage thank you).

Venefica
September 1st, 2011, 06:02 AM
When it comes to jewelry and assozeries I do buy quite a bit on etsy, I find it to often be nicer to wear a hand made item than something mass produced in a factory. This is how people would have done it in ages past, selling things they made them self, it gives me a good feeling. What I buy the most on etsy are hair toys, but I have bought a few pieces of other types of jewelry there this month.

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/56974679
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/56821115 (The yellow and red pair.)
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/56726587
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/56726586

Etsy do wreck havoc with my wallet, every time I visit I see something I just have to have, and the problem is that usually, unlike in a regular store, I know there are only one of the item I want so if I do not buy it now I most of the time will loose my chance on it. Etsy is dangerous!

wvgemini
September 1st, 2011, 06:08 AM
LOL I know what you mean! Apparently, though, I have become an old lady! I like knitted shawls and old fashioned hair care and my friends even say I wear old lady perfume (I prefer the word vintage thank you).

I love funky shawls and my perfume is different (BPAL). Hey! Vintage is sexay, lol! I prefer eclectic;)

Venefica
September 2nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Shawls are nice, hey being a bit old fashioned never hurt anyone, that just show one makes one own style instead of being slave to Paris and Milan and wherever else people sit and decide how everyone should dress.

pepperminttea
September 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM

Why oh why did I just type that into Etsy? (It's like telling someone not to google something horrible. You just have to look!) I just found these (http://www.etsy.com/listing/76678881/wedding-ring-set-delicate-leaf). I'm single, with no marriage prospects on the horizon, but I want them! :p

AcornMystic
September 2nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
Ooh! Very nice, but that doesn't sound good, yikes! I haven't been able to bring myself to look much on Etsy. I was first introduced to that site a couple months back by the marriage commisioner who married my husband and I. I went to her house to pay the fees and we got talking and she showed me the site. I've been too afraid to look. After the money I spent on e-bay to get all my things together for the wedding.. Sheesh. And a lot of these things were company manufactured as I wanted brand new so nothing would fall apart from previous usage. I will have to remain vigilant.:meditate: