PDA

View Full Version : Strengthening natural blonde hair

GabrielleRose
August 29th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hello all! I was wondering what are some natural ways or any other ways to strengthen natural blonde hair? I heard henna and cassia are good, but I do not want to alter my hair color in any way. So, any suggestions? TIA. :D

GabrielleRose
August 29th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I forgot to put why I am trying to strengthen my hair. I am very prone to splits no matter how much I trim. :(

Ashenputtel
August 29th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Have you done the test to know if your hair likes/needs protein? You may be lacking something.

What's your routine? What kind of products are your using. Are you using SLS?

GabrielleRose
August 29th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Have you done the test to know if your hair likes/needs protein? You may be lacking something.

How do I do that test?

I am currently using Toadstoolsoaps shampoo, leave in conditioner, and deep condtioner.

Ashenputtel
August 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM
The fact that your hair breaks a lot may already be a sing. Is your hair strechy when it's wet?

The thing with proteins is that he you over do it your hair will also break.

GabrielleRose
August 29th, 2011, 10:52 PM

The fact that your hair breaks a lot may already be a sing. Is your hair strechy when it's wet?

The thing with proteins is that he you over do it your hair will also break.

The strands are a little stretchy.

What should I do?

Ashenputtel
August 29th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Try to buy a treatment with protein in it. You can research it there are tons of threads on protein.

K-Pax from Joico, and Extreme from Redken are well know protein treatments.

GabrielleRose
August 29th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Try to buy a treatment with protein in it. You can research it there are tons of threads on protein.

K-Pax from Joico, and Extreme from Redken are well know protein treatments.

Thank you! Can I use coconut oil?

Ashenputtel
August 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Coconut Oil can prevent protein lost during shampoo. It's a great pre-poo treatment,

And if your hair feels crunchy your likely having protein build up stop using stuff with proteins in it. (there are lists here that lists what ingredients are proteins.

islandboo
August 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
You might want to consider trying a catnip soak as well. I am doing them to strengthen my hair and reduce splits and it seems to be working pretty well for me.

jojo
August 30th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Have you tried a protein treatment? I use Aphogee 2 step which is a strong treatment. Maybe try a conditioner with protein I like the VO5 strawberries and cream which makes my hair stronger, my hair is also very fine and prone to split ends but I am finding the longer I grow the more protein my hair seems to like. Yet it hated it at lengths shorter than BSL and preferred moisture.

GabrielleRose
August 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Coconut Oil can prevent protein lost during shampoo. It's a great pre-poo treatment,

And if your hair feels crunchy your likely having protein build up stop using stuff with proteins in it. (there are lists here that lists what ingredients are proteins.

When I used coconut oil alone it gets quite crunchy! But with Kimberlily's Coconut hair butter it works great!

You might want to consider trying a catnip soak as well. I am doing them to strengthen my hair and reduce splits and it seems to be working pretty well for me.

How do you do a catnip soak?

Have you tried a protein treatment? I use Aphogee 2 step which is a strong treatment. Maybe try a conditioner with protein I like the VO5 strawberries and cream which makes my hair stronger, my hair is also very fine and prone to split ends but I am finding the longer I grow the more protein my hair seems to like. Yet it hated it at lengths shorter than BSL and preferred moisture.

I have not tried a protein treatment yet, but maybe I should try one soon.

islandboo
September 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
How do you do a catnip soak?

here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118) is the link to ktani's article about catnip - the directions are about halfway down.

GabrielleRose
September 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM
here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118) is the link to ktani's article about catnip - the directions are about halfway down.

Thank you so much islandboo!