PDA

View Full Version : Humidity is cramping my style(s)!

Shanbot
August 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
So, I've been trying to wear the hair down occasionally to give it a break from my everyday bun/claw clip routine, and since my last trim, layers stick out kinda funny anyway when its up. I've been trying to do some curly styles! Last week most of the ladies decided we should institute some sort of "fun different-from-your-usual-hairstyle day!" Because a lot of us just get into ruts...one only does her hair down and straight, one flatirons daily (gasp), one is a ponytail queen, a solid french braid lady...and I'm BunWoman :p

and since there are so many awesome no-heat ways to curl hair (night buns/braids, flexi rods) I've tried to do curly almost every day for a solid week now with no success! It just falls right out! Last night I put the flexi rods in, got super great curls, tried not to mess with them or even shake them out...by the time I got to work they poofed. Entirely. Gone. A couple of waves here and there, but no more than if I hadn't brushed my hair after rolling out of bed. I think its gotta be the damp weather. My hair doesn't hold curl super well, which seems bizaare since its already a bit wavy to start with, but this is just, i mean, come onnnnn. I don't really love hairspray because it feels crunchy and later its a pain to deal with the CrunchTangles... anyone else dealing with this? Are there other hair-friendly no-heat options/ideas/products (esp. natural or household ones) I could put in that won't make me look like a runaway tumbleweed, but will keep the curls intact for more than, I don't know...an hour? :D

julierockhead
August 29th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Pure aloe vera gel? Mixed maybe with a small amount of well-whipped egg white?:stirpot:

Shanbot
August 29th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Oooo...hmm. I have both of those just lying around, too! But...the egg won't go bad in my hair over the course of the day? I don't wanna smell like a funky omelet! :D

Also...I'm assuming I'd put it in my hair before putting it up in the curlers/rods/etc? Sounds like my kitty might think I'm a custard.

julierockhead
August 29th, 2011, 09:20 PM
LOL! I think egg white is pretty odorless, as is aloe. And yes, apply before styling in damp hair.