PDA

View Full Version : Questions for using Monistat to regrow hairline or bald areas

Airmide
August 29th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I searched and didn't see a topic for this so I thought I'd post. I know there's the *huge* monistat thread and I read through many pages of that, but it's so unwieldly I hope it's ok to post this here. If not I guess it can be merged back with the monistat thread.

My hairline has been receding for some time. I'm not sure if this is due to my health issues, or the weight of my hair, or something else. I already started out with a bit of a five-head, so I'm really not thrilled with this situation.

So I've recently started using Monistat on my forehead to see if that would help. I'd like to use it on my whole scalp but I'm lazy and usually only wash every couple weeks or so, so I thought I'd give a try to my forehead, see how that goes, and add in the whole scalp if it goes well. Or give Rooibos a try for the scalp.

I'd LOVE it if people who have regrown hairline or bald areas could post about their experiences, and better yet, post progress pictures!

I am starting to think I'm seeing new growth, after about 3-4 weeks of using Monistat, but I'm not positive. I only see it in some lights. The hair looks more like facial hair - baby fine and very pale, but longer than the rest of my facial hair. Maybe it's always been that way though and I just never looked that closely? Has anyone else experienced that?

AlexiaBlue
August 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM
WOW, you have INCREDIBLE hair!!

I never had bald spots, but I noticed that my hair line appeared to be receding a bit. :( After I started alternating Castor Oil and Monistat, I almost immediately noticed a whole crop of little baby hairs along my hairline pop up that I know had never been there before. :)

Áine
August 30th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I know that some people have used miconazole nitrate to regrow hair that was lost from their scalp due to radiation or patterned hair loss. I don't know if the change in hairline density will be affected by applying Monistat, but the only way to know is to try. One individual used a combination of MN and Rogaine with excellent results, though her name escapes me right now... was it likejforu or something like that???

I forget who that was a few years back that tried to regrow a thin spot on her hairline with Monistat... either Morticia or Hairstom, I forget. She said she really thought it was working, until she had done a photo comparison showing very little appreciable change.

Now I don't know her starting condition was, how long she used it or how often. But I think for an area like that, it would be a very good idea to take a photo today, and then another one three months from now in the same lighting conditions in case there is a noteworthy change (or lack of).

Airmide
September 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies! I've been keeping track and there's no doubt now that I have peach fuzz fine baby hairs! At first they were just at the temples and then they appeared at the top of my forehead. They're also getting longer. You can only see them in a certain light, but I'm positive they're new and growing.