PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find rose water?

teal
August 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I have looked for this thoroughly and I can't find it. :angry: So far I have failed to find it in Walmart, Superstore, Pricemart, Safeway and Shoppers Drug Mart. I wander up and down every aisle, especially the ethnic-foods aisles, looking for anything that might be it.

Where did you find it? What does the bottle look like? Halp! :p

AngelDella
August 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I bought mine at Drug Emporium, but I live in Texas

BlazingHeart
August 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I don't buy it, I make it. If you have access to roses grown without pesticides and herbicides, I posted directions for making rosewater here a while ago. I suspect that if you use the advanced search and look for me as the poster and the words 'make rosewater', you should find it. If you're interested in going that route, that is.

~Blaze

lapelosa
August 29th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I've found rose water (plus orange blossom water) in pretty much every ethnic grocery store I've been to. Do you have many of those in your town? I wouldn't bother with the big box stores -- I speak as a long-time veteran of ethnic grocery stores. You'd have best luck if they're "Mediterranean" or Middle Eastern. Not so much the straight up Asian, obviously.

Out of curiosity, what do you want to do with the rose water....?

Isidith
August 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I get mine at any Indian grocery stores. They always have it.

luxepiggy
August 29th, 2011, 03:31 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Flower-Water-Rose-8-Ounces/dp/B0001TMDF0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314653386&sr=8-2

Amazon to the rescue! (^(oo)^)

Carolyn
August 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Mine came in a mister bottle. I got it at a local health food store.

Delila
August 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Health food stores and fancier grocery stores. The giant megamarts in our area don't carry it.

I think I've also seen it (briefly) at someplace like Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

King Arthur Flour also sells it, IIRC I got some there since adding it to my cart wouldn't increase the shipping charges.

McFearless
August 29th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I get mine at any Indian grocery stores. They always have it.
Same here.

Airmide
August 29th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I got mine from Chromis hehe, but I'm pretty sure she got it at New Seasons market, and that you could find it at a health foods type store if you have a larger one near you, or the suggestions for ethnic markets are good! Hopefully someday I'll get some rose bushes so I can make my own! Besides hair and skin uses it's also wonderful in lassi's (yogurt drinks) and candies.

Cassie 123
August 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM
For cheap - an Indian or Persian grocer.

For the most awesome-smelling rosewater that I have ever sniffed - Alteya brand from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KPSO5M?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1).

rusika1
August 29th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Yep. Middle Eastern/Indian markets. Look in the food section, not the cosmetic section. The bottles are usually about 10 or 12 ounces and should cost less than $5.00. If you still can't find it, try ordering online.

ravenreed
August 29th, 2011, 06:54 PM
The local health food stores have it but it is usually over $7 a bottle. I go to an ethnic store and it is under $3.

teal
August 29th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I don't buy it, I make it. If you have access to roses grown without pesticides and herbicides, I posted directions for making rosewater here a while ago. I suspect that if you use the advanced search and look for me as the poster and the words 'make rosewater', you should find it. If you're interested in going that route, that is.

~Blaze

Oh - there's an option I didn't think of. Mind you I don't know anyone who's growing roses at the moment. I suppose I could put them in myself for next year.

I've found rose water (plus orange blossom water) in pretty much every ethnic grocery store I've been to. Do you have many of those in your town? I wouldn't bother with the big box stores -- I speak as a long-time veteran of ethnic grocery stores. You'd have best luck if they're "Mediterranean" or Middle Eastern. Not so much the straight up Asian, obviously.

Out of curiosity, what do you want to do with the rose water....?

I'm going to make Pandora's growth formula (http://pandoraslocks.blogspot.com/2011/01/pandoras-soothing-scalp-and-growth.html)! :cheese:

We have tons, and I mean tons and tons of ethnic shops. It's just a matter of getting to them - they're all over town. Vancouver is incredibly multicultural and this is one of the blessings. I just have to make a point of going to one. Now that I know it's likely to be found in an Indian or Mediterranean shop I'll just head to those parts of town.

For cheap - an Indian or Persian grocer.

For the most awesome-smelling rosewater that I have ever sniffed - Alteya brand from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KPSO5M?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1).

Ahhh... there is so much on Amazon which ships only to the US. You should check out Amazon.ca sometime, whenever you want a laugh. The offerings do not compare. Of course I can get stuff shipped to Pt. Roberts, Wa. and go pick it up, but I usually only do that for big ticket items because it's a hassle.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! I truly appreciate it! :)

jojo
August 29th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I live in the UK and i get mine in Asda's, you should find it near the Indian foods lentils, spices etc section or look in your nearest Indian shop.

Macaroni
August 29th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I got mine in the ethnic foods aisle of Whole Foods.

TessieAnn
August 29th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Mountain Rose Herbs (http://mountainroseherbs.com) has lovely hydrosols (http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/fwater/fwater.html), including Rose.

If you haven't visited their website, it's a treat. You can learn a lot about essential oils and other wonderful products--many of them organic. Their customer services has always been very good, in my experience.

Audrey Horne
August 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Just about any pharmacy has it.

emelnd
August 29th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Teal, where in Vancouver do you live? One of the two Greek shops in Kitsilano might have some, one is called Parthenon. There is also a Persian shop downtown.

Edit: For some odd reason I can't stand rose water. It's probably because I have had to eat desserts I didn't like, with rose water in it, out of politeness, one too many times.

teal
August 31st, 2011, 02:40 PM
I found it! I happened to be passing by a Whole Foods. Huzzah! :bounce:

luxepiggy
September 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
I found it! I happened to be passing by a Whole Foods. Huzzah! :bounce:
Yay congrats! (^(oo)^)v

Chetanlaiho
September 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
I saw it in a local Asian supermarket, maybe check there if you have one near you?