PDA

View Full Version : Too much packaging at Mehandi

Dorothy
August 29th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I ordered more Henna - Celebration - from Mehandi a while ago and am still working on my stash, but considering ordering more since they have some yemeni henna again.

But last time I ordered I was disturbed by all the packaging. Instead of a bunch of Henna envelopes, i had to buy a bunch of boxes, each with a henna envelope, gloves, instructions, and other hoo-ha - all this came in a giant box with plastic bubbles. Do they still sell just the envelopes? I can't find it, and I'm considering switching suppliers for environmental reasons.

Where else can I get reliable, similar quality body art quality henna, ideally like the yemeni stuff they used to sell in simple packages?

Alvrodul
August 29th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I buy from Mehandi as well, but don't have this problem. I buy the half kilo or kilo packages - I get a box with five or ten envelopes of henna, no gloves or instructions included.
The first time I ordered there, I ordered the pre-packaged mixes, and then I did get largish boxes with gloves, instructions, and the envelopes of henna, cassia and buxus - and a fair amount of air. :rolleyes:
Since then I have only ordered "in bulk". ;)

seethruugirl
August 29th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I think you must've ordered one of their kits. I just ordered a kit for a friend and it came that way but, when I just order 500g of henna for myself I just get the envelopes. :) HTH

Dorothy
August 29th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Thank you so much, that solves my problem, I was hoping I just couldn't find the button, I really like Mehandi.

Animae
August 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
If it is simply packets, why is it so expensive to ship?

diverbel
August 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
If it is simply packets, why is it so expensive to ship?

this is what I was thinking when I ordered from them once. Alot of packaging, and a whole lot of money for shipping. Not to mention their products are overpriced also. I now use HennaSooq, and have excellent customer service, great prices, quality products and very affordable super fast shipping! Will not use another company again for my natural hair care needs, HennaSooq is absolutely the best!

jaquelines
August 29th, 2011, 01:35 PM
They had problems in the past. They were charging much more than the real shipping price.I know that from a reliable source and seen the papers.

Eolan
August 30th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Of topic: How is the Celebration working for you? I'd love to try the stuff, but I have'nt got around to ordering it yet.

And if you haven't already: email them. I did, about the insane international shipping fees, and got a helpful and polite mail back. I'm sure they'll want to help a faithful customer!

Dolly
August 30th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Of topic: How is the Celebration working for you? I'd love to try the stuff, but I have'nt got around to ordering it yet.

And if you haven't already: email them. I did, about the insane international shipping fees, and got a helpful and polite mail back. I'm sure they'll want to help a faithful customer!

Celebration is absolutely great! One app turns my grays (actually they are stark white) a nice deep red. But alas, if you didn't get to try Celebration, it is now sold out. They have one called Twilight that is only about a half of a percentage point lower in dye content though. It will be a while before I get to try that one though, because thankfully, I have an extra kilo of Celebration in my freezer.....:D

The thing I love about Mehandi is that they DO dye test their henna. That way, you KNOW what you've got......

Eolan
August 30th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I just saw that they had run out of Celebration. Bummer! I ordered a sample of the Rajasthani. Why didn't I see the Twilight one? Hmmm... *goes back to Mehandi.com to check it out*

Oh. It's the same one. :facepalm:

missdelarocha
September 1st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I just saw that they had run out of Celebration. Bummer! I ordered a sample of the Rajasthani. Why didn't I see the Twilight one? Hmmm... *goes back to Mehandi.com to check it out*

Oh. It's the same one. :facepalm:

So Rajasthani and Twilight are the same??

I just bought Rajasthani from Henna Sooq.

What is 'Twilight' for? And why named differently?

Dear why do people have to confuse me so?:confused:

caribou55313
September 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
"Rajasthani" just indicates which state in India the henna is from.

Catherine names the different batches of henna she sends to an independent lab for testing. Twilight is the name of one of the Rajasthani batches, and Monsoon is another Rajasthani batch (though I see it is not on the website right now, not sure why?) Each lab-tested batch will have a different name, otherwise you'd have to refer to them by batch numbers :)

missdelarocha
September 2nd, 2011, 04:17 AM
"Rajasthani" just indicates which state in India the henna is from.

Thank you!! :)

Eolan
September 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM
So Rajasthani and Twilight are the same??

I just bought Rajasthani from Henna Sooq.

What is 'Twilight' for? And why named differently?

Dear why do people have to confuse me so?:confused:

I too got confused, obviously. :) Rajasthani and Twilight are the same at Mehandi, it's hard to say if the other sellers have the same henna or if Mehandi has somekind of special batch. All I know is that people on this board speaks very highly of Mehandi henna due to it's dye content.

smcm1232
October 11th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I have noticed a big difference in their sample packets. They used to give more for testing and now doesn't even seem enough to fill a teaspoon, and for $1.50 -$3.00 seems steep and can't test for various shades anymore. :(

fairystar32
October 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I need some new henna , but it will cost me more than the henna for shipping, cannot afford it at the moment :(