PDA

View Full Version : Playful Kiss - Korean Drama - hair styles, how'd they do that?

neko_kawaii
August 27th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Has anyone seen the Korean Drama "Playful Kiss"?

The main character has some great hair styles but I'm more interested in the Mother's style.
http://hotspicykimchi.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/nk.jpg

It is sort of loose and poofy starting behind the ears. My best guess is a flipped bun right behind the ears or a roll? I wouldn't be surprised if extensions were used to give more volume.

I just like styles that poof out right behind the ears, LOL. So if you have any generic suggestions for those, I'd love to try them out.

Oh, and she has a great collection of big cloth flower hair toys!

Charlotte:)
August 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Eeeeeeee, I LOVE Korean Drama! It cracks me up :D

As for the hairstyle, it looks like something Elizabeth from Rapunzel's Resource did minus the weird bang/fringe roll. Here is her tutorial: http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/pin-roll-introduction/

Helix
August 27th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Heee! I loved that show - one of my favorite K-dramas. It was hi-larious and for once nobody dies.

Oh Ha Ni wears lots of cute styles but I really liked the one that made her look like she had teddy bear ears. I forget which episode.

The male classmate with the platinum blonde curly fro looked so weird to me at first but it grew on me by the end of the show.

neko_kawaii
August 27th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I didn't notice the teddy bear ears! I think we have two episodes left. *sigh*

Thanks for the pin roll link. I'll peruse that tomorrow!

neko_kawaii
August 29th, 2011, 11:40 AM
We finished Playful Kiss last night. We have seen Boys Over Flowers. What else do you recommend?

Oh, and thank you for the link! So many beautiful styles to try to learn! I'm still not sure exactly what Mother is doing with her hair, but I managed to get mine to do something that looked similar from the front, but I didn't take a picture *pouty face*

Helix
August 29th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Other K-dramas you might enjoy

Light-hearted drama:

Queen of Housewives - I really liked this one.
Creating Destiny
Tamra Island
Pasta - This show made me want to cook pasta everyday.
Coffee Prince
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
My lovely Sam-Soon
Lie to me
My Girl

Heavy action/drama:

The Great Queen Seondeok - EPIC! Tons of beautiful hairstyles and accessories and fantastic acting. Whomever designed the costumes needs to win an Oscar or something, lol. Just make sure you have a kleenex box next to you when you do.

Chuno

City Hunter

Iris - I'm usually not into spy dramas but this was so bad azz it sucked me in, (Dare I say better than any Bond movie I ever saw). The eye-candy didn't hurt either :eyebrows:

k...I'm going to stop there for now or it will be overwhelming. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

neko_kawaii
August 29th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks! We added Lie to Me and City Hunter to our queue. We just started watching My Princess.

Arya
August 30th, 2011, 12:15 AM
They look like big pincurls to me. With a better picture I could make a better guess?

Chetanlaiho
August 30th, 2011, 05:07 AM
K-dramas, want xD I've watched one J-drama (mei-chan no ****suji, though I've yet to finish it) and tried two mainland dramas (to please DChineseBF by choosing Chinese over Korean and Japanese xD) but well they kind of annoyed me >_< K-dramas sound like fun though. But but but, I just started college and I should study D=