PDA

View Full Version : I'm a blond but sometimes I wish I had dark hair...

Thumper
August 27th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Like a nice chocolate brown, or even a caramel...I really like the way darker hair shows when worn down KWIM? You can be wearing white and the darker hair color looks so lovely falling across a white or light colored outfit...it is not for me however. Years ago I had tried going darker and it was too much upkeep.

How bout the rest of you?? Were any of you really light and just wanted to switch and decided to put up with the maintenance??

Lissandria
August 27th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I have ashy coloured hair (was blonde as a child). I have dyed my hair dark for 8 years (chem semi/demi permanent as of one month ago I henndigo).
Dark brown feels right and looks right. I think it is worth the upkeep- I never suited ashy or light hair. I love my dark hair and get lots of compliments on the colour. When people find out it's not my natural colour they are always surprised.

Ishje
August 27th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I am dark blondish and I wanted black :)
so I dyed black for about 5 years, but eventually I got lazy and choose to grow the color out :)
it was just such a mess to dye it every time.

jasper
August 27th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I am dark blonde and sometimes I feel like the color is just too in between. It isn't really blonde enough but not brown enough. Whenever I think about dye, though, the thought of maintenance comes right after and I don't do it. I know I don't want to be in a color upkeep cycle.

My hair color is really all about the lighting I am in, so when I want to change the color I can just look at it in a different light, so to speak.

kitschy
August 27th, 2011, 06:27 AM
My hair was a dark blonde color, and I often felt that it needed to be darker or more blonde.

I have also felt that my hair needed to be longer or shorter - or curlier or straighter.

Now it is graying and curly. It's natural, it suits me, and it is easier.

Often what we think we should have is tied to how we feel. Perhaps do something temporary. It is easy to go darker temporarily.

ericthegreat
August 27th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I'm your exact opposite then. :) My natural virgin color is your stereotypical Asian jet black. However, two years ago I simply grew bored to death with my birthright. I haven't gone back to my natural color since.

kdaniels8811
August 27th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Eric - you have the strongest, most beautiful hair! Oh, and I am another not happy with my dark hair, it is not a rich brown, just kind of mousy so hendigo works wonders for me.

newbeginning
August 27th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I have reddish hair and always admired dark, curly hair. I think some people just want or like what they don't have.

MonaMayfair
August 27th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Yes, me! Natural light blonde using henna. My roots look terrible (to me at least) after one week because my hair grows fast. I actually do them every two.
It's a total pain!

Audrey Horne
August 27th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I really like light hair and wanted to have it since I can remember myself. I like red and black too. Mine seems generic to me but I start to like it. Slowly :)

spidermom
August 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM
You could try on a darker color with one of those products that wash out in about 6-8 washings. That's how I used to play with different colors. The idea of having to "do my roots" every other month makes me tired; I wouldn't be able to stand it.

That's why my color is natural - white hairs and all.

Lianna
August 27th, 2011, 01:28 PM
My natural hair is dark ash blonde but I dye it lighter (1-2 shades). From time to time I adventure in light brown or dark brown. I just dyed dark brown this week! :D

racrane
August 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I hear you! When I was little, I wanted black curly hair instead of blond and wavy. I've learned to accept my natural hair though. But I've always liked black hair; I think because my mom had it so I wanted in a weird way to look like her.

Rosetta
August 28th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Thumper, I think you'd find this thread quite interesting:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30733

There a lot of posters (e.g. the thread starter) are natural (mostly dark) blondes but are dyeing their hair darker, and loving it :)

ETA: Yay, my 1000th post!! :D Finally...

oktobergoud
August 28th, 2011, 04:37 AM
I have dark blonde mousy hair and I wish it was either way lighter or red :D But sadly it is none of both :P (well it's red thanks to the henna ;))
Frustrating, isn't it? We all want what we don't have! Curlies want straight hair, people with straight hair want curls (well, not always of course) etc. etc.

jojo
August 28th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I am a dark blonde and have craved brown hair lots of time and everytime I do it I end up craving for my natural colour. I might just learn one day :D

CrystalStar
August 28th, 2011, 12:56 PM
My natural colour is ashy blonde, and I prefer my dark hair of nowadays! Blonde hair however shows up-do's and braids off in a way us dark haired girls can never hope to achieve!